Destroyers need their Air Arm

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

War-spite wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

War-spite wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Eternus wrote:

. Even better LHDs - that class should be in game (instead of some OP destroyers with helis).Any other than ASW helis on destroyers would break balance at higher degree, any other air units or airmobile on destroyers would be simply absurd and OP them.
      Nah after some more thoughts. Helis just not being used properly your right. ASW helis on destroyers is fine and a must. But only 1 heli, not two.
      My only issue with the LHD, is it is often carrying harrier or f-35. I don't think this new unit should be able to carry fixed wing aircraft, just as a point of balance and uniqueness. The Garibaldi class carrier in RL is already a harrier carrying carrier. I think a cheap to research, unit that can carry two air assault units and maybe 5 helicopters would be an awesome addition.
      Yea I agree, no fixed wing aircraft from the LHDs...4-6-8 Heli carringAnd 3-4-6 I would have thought for air assualt units. More than that
      Yeah I hadn't thought about the advancement path. I was thinking initially. I didn't want them to be overpowered as a low development cost unit. My biggest challenge with cv's is they take so much of your research resources that you really need to be committed to getting them, at the detriment of other areas, I would like the LHD to be available without a massive sacrifice of your other research, and hence why I limited them. But I agree late game having 6 air assault units with 8 heli would be a kickass unit.
      well put, really hope the devs work on this. Its really needed :P
      I've been thinking on this every issues. Your LHD idea is spot on with what I was working up in my head. This would definitely be a great addition to the game.
      On the destroyer issue, while I do agree about the ASW choppers, I have to say there is precedent for gunship/attack chopper off a destroyer. Task Force 160 operated off of them as far back as the early/mid '90's I believe. I worked with some former members when I was stationed at Ft. Campbell back then.
      I dont really have an issue with gunships/attack choppers being operated from the deck.. its realistic, I think some were arguing for a balancing reason... But I agree with ya..

Ft Campbell, Helis... 101st airborne?
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

War-spite wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

War-spite wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Eternus wrote:

. Even better LHDs - that class should be in game (instead of some OP destroyers with helis).Any other than ASW helis on destroyers would break balance at higher degree, any other air units or airmobile on destroyers would be simply absurd and OP them.
      Nah after some more thoughts. Helis just not being used properly your right. ASW helis on destroyers is fine and a must. But only 1 heli, not two.
      My only issue with the LHD, is it is often carrying harrier or f-35. I don't think this new unit should be able to carry fixed wing aircraft, just as a point of balance and uniqueness. The Garibaldi class carrier in RL is already a harrier carrying carrier. I think a cheap to research, unit that can carry two air assault units and maybe 5 helicopters would be an awesome addition.
      Yea I agree, no fixed wing aircraft from the LHDs...4-6-8 Heli carringAnd 3-4-6 I would have thought for air assualt units. More than that
      Yeah I hadn't thought about the advancement path. I was thinking initially. I didn't want them to be overpowered as a low development cost unit. My biggest challenge with cv's is they take so much of your research resources that you really need to be committed to getting them, at the detriment of other areas, I would like the LHD to be available without a massive sacrifice of your other research, and hence why I limited them. But I agree late game having 6 air assault units with 8 heli would be a kickass unit.
      I've been thinking on this every issues. Your LHD idea is spot on with what I was working up in my head. This would definitely be a great addition to the game.On the destroyer issue, while I do agree about the ASW choppers, I have to say there is precedent for gunship/attack chopper off a destroyer. Task Force 160 operated off of them as far back as the early/mid '90's I believe. I worked with some former members when I was stationed at Ft. Campbell back then.
      I dont really have an issue with gunships/attack choppers being operated from the deck.. its realistic, I think some were arguing for a balancing reason... But I agree with ya..
      Ft Campbell, Helis... 101st airborne?
      Yessir! My last duty station. Actually they are known as 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne) stationed at Ft. Campebell, started from the 101st, now they are their own entity.
    • GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

War-spite wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

War-spite wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Eternus wrote:

I've been thinking on this every issues. Your LHD idea is spot on with what I was working up in my head. This would definitely be a great addition to the game.On the destroyer issue, while I do agree about the ASW choppers, I have to say there is precedent for gunship/attack chopper off a destroyer. Task Force 160 operated off of them as far back as the early/mid '90's I believe. I worked with some former members when I was stationed at Ft. Campbell back then.
      I dont really have an issue with gunships/attack choppers being operated from the deck.. its realistic, I think some were arguing for a balancing reason... But I agree with ya..Ft Campbell, Helis... 101st airborne?
      Yessir! My last duty station. Actually they are known as 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne) stationed at Ft. Campebell, started from the 101st, now they are their own entity.
      Ahh, well Im not American, but Irish so lots of relatives in America. A good few in law enforcement and some in the navy. Were you a pilot? Blackhawks, Chinooks, AH-6s? Apaches?
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

War-spite wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

War-spite wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Eternus wrote:

I dont really have an issue with gunships/attack choppers being operated from the deck.. its realistic, I think some were arguing for a balancing reason... But I agree with ya..Ft Campbell, Helis... 101st airborne?
      Ahh, well Im not American, but Irish so lots of relatives in America. A good few in law enforcement and some in the navy. Were you a pilot? Blackhawks, Chinooks, AH-6s? Apaches?
      Well, being American, I do have some Irish. No, just a maintainer, worked on all the above though. Went USAF after and worked on 15's, 16's, 130's, 60's, 141's, and a couple of MiG 29's.
    • GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

War-spite wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

War-spite wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Eternus wrote:

Well, being American, I do have some Irish. No, just a maintainer, worked on all the above though. Went USAF after and worked on 15's, 16's, 130's, 60's, 141's, and a couple of MiG 29's.
      Haha I hear that a lot, every time someone asks how powerful is Ireland. I always say combine the Strengths of USA and AUZ and you will know :P Wow, must been such a good experience working alongside all them aircraft.
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

War-spite wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

War-spite wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Eternus wrote:

Haha I hear that a lot, every time someone asks how powerful is Ireland. I always say combine the Strengths of USA and AUZ and you will know :P Wow, must been such a good experience working alongside all them aircraft.
      ROFL!! Never heard that one before. I can say I've been all over the world and had many awesome experiences in my 23+ years in the Service, I'd never trade those memories for anything. So do you think the devs will take our Destroyer and LHD suggestions?
    • GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

War-spite wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

War-spite wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Eternus wrote:

ROFL!! Never heard that one before. I can say I've been all over the world and had many awesome experiences in my 23+ years in the Service, I'd never trade those memories for anything. So do you think the devs will take our Destroyer and LHD suggestions?
      I dunno, @Germanico said there were actual game issues with the destroyer and helis. That was like 2-3months ago but I can see they have been busy :P . And havent heard about LHDs yet
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • @GIJedi I see no reason they wouldn't take the suggestions.

However, I believe that @Germanico mentioned some time ago that implementing the suggestion will require significant changes to the code behind destroyers that's linked to the request for LHD-type naval vessels and changes to the aircraft carrier code. Therefore, even if they accept the suggestion (which I think is likely, though by no means a sure thing), it's probably going to be a fairly low priority task for the dev team.

**NOTE I am not on the CON dev team and have no relationship of any sort with them. This post is pure speculation.
      "The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand."
      Sergeant Zim, Terran Federation
    • RasczakRough wrote:

@GIJedi I see no reason they wouldn't take the suggestions.

However, I believe that @Germanico mentioned some time ago that implementing the suggestion will require significant changes to the code behind destroyers that's linked to the request for LHD-type naval vessels and changes to the aircraft carrier code. Therefore, even if they accept the suggestion (which I think is likely, though by no means a sure thing), it's probably going to be a fairly low priority task for the dev team.

**NOTE I am not on the CON dev team and have no relationship of any sort with them. This post is pure speculation.
      I do things the LHDs are rather needed... my airborne infantry are not having an easy time dropping into Australia atm... haha

Being able to carry a few helis, and allow units to use the air assualt function. It would be great tbh
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • RasczakRough wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

I do things the LHDs are rather needed... my airborne infantry are not having an easy time dropping into Australia atm... haha

That was frickin brilliant ahahaha
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

RasczakRough wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Lol!! I actually went and took Aus in my game, assaulted from both sides, supported by 4 carrier groups, EPIC! I saw that Germanico has taken notice and if it is being taken seriously, it will be awhile yet, but I'd like an LHD before choppers on destroyers. Getting air assault troops in is a pain. being able to chopper over a few from shore, YES!!!
    • GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

RasczakRough wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Lol!! I actually went and took Aus in my game, assaulted from both sides, supported by 4 carrier groups, EPIC! I saw that Germanico has taken notice and if it is being taken seriously, it will be awhile yet, but I'd like an LHD before choppers on destroyers. Getting air assault troops in is a pain. being able to chopper over a few from shore, YES!!!
      Yep no doubt about that, the air arm can wait. We need LHDs ASAP!

Im taking pappa new guine, then gonna Townsville and Darwin. And just work inland from there.
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

RasczakRough wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Yep no doubt about that, the air arm can wait. We need LHDs ASAP!
      Im taking pappa new guine, then gonna Townsville and Darwin. And just work inland from there.
      I took Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney, and Perth at the same time, jumped over to Darwin and Melbourne, while Italy took Adelaide, Aus never stood a chance and this was an active player not an AI.
    • GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

RasczakRough wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Yep no doubt about that, the air arm can wait. We need LHDs ASAP!Im taking pappa new guine, then gonna Townsville and Darwin. And just work inland from there.
      I took Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney, and Perth at the same time, jumped over to Darwin and Melbourne, while Italy took Adelaide, Aus never stood a chance and this was an active player not an AI.
      Italy took Adelaide.. haha wow,

Take a look at my other post on COIN aircraft and ground attack aircraft :P
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

RasczakRough wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Yep no doubt about that, the air arm can wait. We need LHDs ASAP!Im taking pappa new guine, then gonna Townsville and Darwin. And just work inland from there.
      Italy took Adelaide.. haha wow,
      Take a look at my other post on COIN aircraft and ground attack aircraft :P
      I saw that, my dumb a$$ forgot to mention I worked on A-10's also.
    • GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

RasczakRough wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Italy took Adelaide.. haha wow,Take a look at my other post on COIN aircraft and ground attack aircraft :P
      How are you able to work on so many aircraft? Like, would you need to know everything about all the aircraft sitting around? Or is this just over a period of time. You worked on the A-10, Then F-15, then F-16 etc
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

RasczakRough wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Italy took Adelaide.. haha wow,Take a look at my other post on COIN aircraft and ground attack aircraft :P
      How are you able to work on so many aircraft? Like, would you need to know everything about all the aircraft sitting around? Or is this just over a period of time. You worked on the A-10, Then F-15, then F-16 etc
      I was an Aircraft Electrician in the Army and Aircraft Structural Maintenance in the Air Force. Some just once or twice and others over the years I was stationed. DMAFB in Tucson, AZ where I was for 8 years has A-10's, EC and C-130's, and HH-60's, plus any transient AC that passed through, like doing a hydraulic line on a C-5. I can understand your confusion, I wasn't clear on what type of maintainer I was.
    • GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

GIJedi wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

RasczakRough wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

I was an Aircraft Electrician in the Army and Aircraft Structural Maintenance in the Air Force. Some just once or twice and others over the years I was stationed. DMAFB in Tucson, AZ where I was for 8 years has A-10's, EC and C-130's, and HH-60's, plus any transient AC that passed through, like doing a hydraulic line on a C-5. I can understand your confusion, I wasn't clear on what type of maintainer I was.
      Ahh, I see. Interesting, wow DM must be a real site to see. The "graveyard", doubt they ever let you just take one or two jets in the back of your truck and drive home? after all they just sitting around collecting dust ahahaha
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu