Advice for attacking

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Advice for attacking

Hiya, I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on how to beat an enemy.

He currently has 16 ASF in his capital city, 5 season elite attack craft patrolling with another 5 ASF I think. On the ground he has 1 mobile Sam launcher. I currently have 5 level 4 strike fighters, 6 level 2 naval strike fighters, 3 level 2 air superiority fighters and 1 fixed wing officer.

I’m planning on striking his capital city in order to destroy as many of those 16 ASF as possible. I know his anti air has a 10 minute cooldown and reset. my question is, what would you recommend I do to deal the most damage whilst receiving the least?

Thanks
    • Yeah, basically he built himself a decent hard counter to your army composition. In order to get out of this the only way is to surpass him in activity and hit him when he's sleeping. To figure out his activity patterns, read in-game CoN News and you'll have a decent idea of his daily schedule. In a hail mary attempt you can sacrifice 1 plane to get his patrolling plane lands, then slam your entire force plus the kitchen sink on his capital
    • Teburu wrote:

Yeet airfields with bms. Or use sabotage agents and pray hard.

attacking with sf especially when outnumbered by asf this badly relies utterly on him not being online; if he has a single braincell they are all in the air patrolling.
      I don’t have bms yet sadly, but I would be able to avoid his two patrolling stacks of 5 fighters. So I’d only be facing his anti air.
    • Any idea what else he has in the area ground forces wise? I would recommend creating a ground stack with 2-3 sams and something to beef up hit points and slowly move towards the capitol. There are some situations you just can't attack, and if he has 20 ASF that he could have airborne to combat your air, it would not be wise to use air.

Cruise missiles would be the best bet if you ask me. Patrol your planes close enough that their SAM engages, then launch 3-4 CM at the city. The Sam will attack each one when they land but depending on the Sam and CM levels you should kill a lot of planes/destroy his airport at least.

Not a huge fan of the new mechanics that auto fly planes to a new airport when their airport, they are in the ground in, is destroyed, but it is what it is
    • Yeah I heard about that, but surely if I target the city when his planes are on the ground they’ll take damage right? I’ll be able to destroy most of them, even if some relocate ? Also, I’ll be able to get right on top of his city as it’s next to the border of his land. I feel like unless he’s active at that specific time he won’t be able to react fast enough to get his planes in the air?