Do You Research/Build Submarines?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Do You Research/Build Submarines?

I am seeing an increasing amount of submarines in my games, and while I don't build them myself, I have had to make more destroyers and SNSF because of them.

I have a few questions for people here:

1. Do you research/build submarines? If so, how often?
      2. What are the advantages of submarines, in your opinion?
      3. Do you prefer submarines over certain naval units? Why or why not?
    • Mother Hen wrote:

I am seeing an increasing amount of submarines in my games, and while I don't build them myself, I have had to make more destroyers and SNSF because of them.

Thank you for asking such questions to keep the engagement going especially for newer players.

1. Yes
      > They're my go-to naval unit if I think I will have enough electronics to sustain it.
      > Mostly if I'm playing a nation where I can keep them strategically placed in high seas (e.g. United Kingdom, New Zealand). Otherwise, I stick with cruisers.

> In high seas, they will sink ships except for a max-level destroyer.
      > Undetected by lower-level land and aircraft radar.
      > Invisible to frigates, naval/air transport units and most planes.
      > L2 onwards, don't require fuel maintenance.
      > from L3 naval base, you can go L4 naval base and build missile subs.

> See #s 1 and 2 for reasons why I prefer them over ships. My reasons for not liking them?
      > Slower than some ships
      > Can't destroy buildings and land units (save for the missiles)
      > Weaker in coastal waters
      > Needs anti-air support

I encourage you to answer other posts here as well when you can.
    • regatta2k16 wrote:

Mother Hen wrote:

Thank you for asking such questions to keep the engagement going especially for newer players.

1. Yes
      > They're my go-to naval unit if I think I will have enough electronics to sustain it.
      > Mostly if I'm playing a nation where I can keep them strategically placed in high seas (e.g. United Kingdom, New Zealand). Otherwise, I stick with cruisers.

> See #s 1 and 2 for reasons why I prefer them over ships. My reasons for not liking them?
      > Slower than some ships
      > Needs anti-air support

Thank you for your reply! What I plan to do in my next game is maybe mix some subs into my average regular naval stacks (2 cruisers, 3 frig, 2 destroyer, 1 e-frig).

It could be a "surprise" for players who were only expecting to see surface ships.
    • Mother Hen wrote:

regatta2k16 wrote:

Mother Hen wrote:

1. Yes

> Slower than some ships
      > Needs anti-air support

Thank you for your reply! What I plan to do in my next game is maybe mix some subs into my average regular naval stacks (2 cruisers, 3 frig, 2 destroyer, 1 e-frig).
      It could be a "surprise" for players who were only expecting to see surface ships.
      its better to keep them seperate to not ruin their stealth
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Mother Hen wrote:

Just keep in mind differences in attack range and speed when mixing naval units, the stealth property and how the units change in coastal waters and high seas.

Also, you might consider using naval patrol aircrafts against subs. They're relatively cheap and relatively fast to mobilize. They have greater range and if you want them to be able to attack land units, equip them with missiles at L3.
    • regatta2k16 wrote:

Mother Hen wrote:

Just keep in mind differences in attack range and speed when mixing naval units, the stealth property and how the units change in coastal waters and high seas.

Also, you might consider using naval patrol aircrafts against subs. They're relatively cheap and relatively fast to mobilize. They have greater range and if you want them to be able to attack land units, you can equip with missiles when they reach L3.
      So do you think NPAs are better then SNSF?

Or are they both good.
    • Mother Hen wrote:

regatta2k16 wrote:

Mother Hen wrote:

Also, you might consider using naval patrol aircrafts against subs. They're relatively cheap and relatively fast to mobilize. They have greater range and if you want them to be able to attack land units, you can equip with missiles when they reach L3.
      So do you think NPAs are better then SNSF?
      Or are they both good.
      Personally I use NPA because they can detect low signatures as well as being stealth.
      Ulster, mæ luk o'ţe Gæls cunvenz ţem tu kumm tu ţe Eire!
    • regatta2k16 wrote:

playbabe wrote:

listen guys, you needed to ask yourself what you really want out of the forum.

engagement or knowledge?

if you want engagement, discord and reddit is more appropriate platform.
      your opinion. others may think differently
      not much of an opinion; reddit/discord are simply more suited for it and have more people
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • 1. No ,
      2. They cost less components than other naval units so if you are short of components but have enough electronics you can go for them
      3. No. They are useless in coastal water, can be destroyed by naval patrol aircraft without fighting back, can't attack land units.Instead I build few level 1 destroyer and then level 3 cruisers. Together with my artillery they can defend my coast. For offense I rely on strike fighter ,MRL and elite bomber.
      I am the best player of this game that was and ever will be