Radar Contact, Notification Options

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Radar Contact, Notification Options

Ok,
      I don't make many new posts but I think this is important,

I would like to suggest an improvement to Notifications,
      First of all I want this to be an option, that can be turned on or off (ingame or android)
      • Create a section at the top called "Pending Notifications",
      The primary purpose I have in mind here would be for radar contacts,
      I don't want each radar contact to be a separate permanent notification...
      1. If a radar contact comes and goes without coming into the field-of-view, Then this Pending Notif becomes an unidentified contact.
      2. If a radar contact comes into the field-of-view, (of a unit)
        Then this Pending Notif becomes an intel report.
      Maybe I haven't thought through all the details yet,
      I'm sure a full specification would require more info.

Maybe a pre-req would be the ability to sort/filter existing notifications by type.
      The long loading time of notifications is definitely annoying and I know this should be easy to fix, whatever function processing is going on needs to be buffered with a timestamp. Maybe they could/should be broken down by day like the newspapers as well.

Feedback welcome,
      I'm willing to put some effort into developing these requirements further, if this ends up (already does) tie into the spy system it could be an interesting dynamic for gameplay. I'm also thinking this could increase the value of shared-Intel (which is already quite valuable).

The post was edited 2 times, last by Hakville: Spacing ().

• KFGauss wrote:

Some background info:

hi KFG,
      thanks for following up.

Display Spoiler

I was planning to follow up with more research
      and a duckduckgo search link, just for you.

to address each of your thread suggestions
      ( background info ) :

Radar Notificatications
      Here GermanicNo is bringing up a point the OP (and i) already addressed.

Radar contacts log when not online
      OP was relevant, unfortunately none of the responses were relevant.
      I'm open to discussing tangents, in another thread!

Radar system improvement
      My suggestion above is more precise (PendingNotif)

Is anyone else annoyed by redundant notifications in the game?
      This is relevant,
      WC: "Yeah. It's a problem on the mobile version. When you log on for the first time for the day, you might have"

Add sonar / radar contacts to events log
      This thread has some relevant points, but not the same suggestion.

So after going through all those threads (which are short /single page) I think there are two separate issues.
      Both are addressed in OP but I'm happy to clarify.

The problem I'm trying to address:
      I spend several sleepless nights building up a navy, then a noob /cheating account walks past my strategically placed naval units AT PEACE and attacks capital (port city). There are some quirks in the game I appreciate. This is an unintended oversight it's not realistic either irl or for game balance, and if someone succeeds in ruining a good game it doesn't usually really benefit them anyway as they're usually suiciding to do so.

The whole point of this suggestion is that a radar contact may become a sighting, or it may go away as an unidentified radar contact. Even if I'm online 24/7 I can easily miss a transport sneaking past my ships AT PEACE . On land there is strategic depth (the province vision is key regardless of realism) at sea we're arguing there's a fundamental issue. Imagine if you didn't have province vision on land, that's how it is at sea. I'm ok FogOfWar I think it's interesting, I like the idea of sneaking past /around stronger enemy units and avoiding detection but that's not what's happening, the current situation (status quo) is just ridiculous.

Maybe i need to focus on fixing the Notifications Interface before continuing this discussion...

Again,
      This thread is about a new Pending Notification section (or category)
      (for Radar Contacts but I'm open to including others like Intel) .
      This would be useful even if they dissapeared after a day, never realized.
      This could be part of the existing notifications system after it's improved (filterable),
      If you would like to discuss another topic please do so in another thread.

The post was edited 8 times, last by Hakville ().

• I understand the problem you perceive and are discussing.

I didn't "suggest" any of those threads. I said they could supply background info. They do.

If you'll stop trying to fight with me for a minute or two, you'll notice that Dorado didn't leap into action as a consequence of any of those previous threads. Allowing us to notice that is perhaps the most valuable help they can give any of us.

So, I wish you luck in making a bigger impression on Dorado than any of the previous OPs or other contributors did in those earlier discussions.

My guess is that you'll need to come up with a truly "Killer" reason for the change, and find widespread support for it (here and in the CoN Discord community) for the change to find its way into Dorado's near-term priorities.

Buena suerte, Bonne chance, Good luck, sretno, Viel glück, Удачі, buona fortuna, удачи, etc.

PS: The CoN Discord site does (did) have a spot where Dorado asked players to submit suggestions. I think that there was once a short period when Dorado actively encouraged everyone to throw "everything at the wall" there without worrying much about whether the submissions woud "stick" or not. you might find some useful info there (was anything similar already put into the hopper there?).