Notifications Filter and Group

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Notifications Filter and Group

there have been many requests to improve the notifications system
      (especially on Mobile also desktop)
      • It takes a long time to load, sometimes I count over 10sec (GN8 with good internet). It's reasonable to ask developers to buffer the results of this function, if I just ran it 3 seconds ago, and clicked on one notification then I shouldn't have to wait 10sec for it to process again!
      • Too many notifications, this is a common complaint mid-late game. Evey player is aware of this regardless if they take the trouble to complain or not. Personally I try to go through all of them, late game 50+ is typical I've had over 100 though (even with frequent logins). The real issue here isn't the total number of notifications, it's the interface. currently a user needs to manually remember how may to scroll through as it moves to the top each time you open notifications window.
      Each notification is already categorized, this is displayed as a color.

1, Notification Filter,
      We need a dropdown at the top of the list (ingame), to choose which categories to display and which to hide/filter.
      This could be similar to the push notification options, I think those are a little different.

The notifications we see in game are
      - green, yellow (engaged), red, purple (intel), maybe grey idk...
      The Push Notification Options are
      6x Diplomacy and Messages,
      11x Warfare and Military
      4x Economy and Trade

2, Notification Groups,
      it would be nice if notifications grouped by location, especially
      - when units are bombarding, strike, etc.
      each unit/stack produces a notification every hour.
      - when 10 cities all revolt at the same time,
      each one produces multiple notifications.
      In this situation we have each city producing at least two different notification category/ type
      one is under attack (yellow) and one is conquer (green) from memory.
      These tend to clog up the feed, and important ones can be missed.
      Any way to group multiple notifications into one dropdown bubble would be helpful (I'm suggesting by location by day)

A tangent here,
      I would like the notification to say "from" or "at" location in the case of strike it's a bit unclear.

I can volunteer to help write more detailed requirements or the code, I'm familiar with many languages and version ctrl.

I do think these are relatively easy (low hanging fruit)
      I do think these were originally envisioned (since there are already notification types)
      I don't think there's any reason not to implement these (as options) so the current feed would not be affected if these aren't enabled (with the exception of buffering results)
      Nobody is arguing the current system is good, (but we appreciate it exists) and many players spend a lot of time (especially late game) going through notifications.

KFGauss tribute:
      google.com/search?q=notificati…forum.conflictnations.com
      (or click notification Tag below)

Radar Notificatications
      Radar contacts log when not online
      Radar system improvement
      Is anyone else annoyed by redundant notifications in the game?
      Add sonar / radar contacts to events log

Territorial Waters

The post was edited 3 times, last by Hakville ().

• I was thinking about the list of Cities, it has about 10 ways to sort (the wrong one is always selected by default, I use mostly province). I would change the way multi-select works on cities, make it so you need to click the checkbox to select multiple cities. It's currently confusing.

I think it's fair to ask for similar features on notifications list.
      Sorting and Filtering are separate but complimentary features.

Posted a separate suggestion for Pending Notifications,
      This one is a pre-req, unless the Pending Notifications are implemented as a separate system.
      Radar Contact, Notification Options

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hakville ().