cheating

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quebec Empire wrote:

is it a joke? you say that as if I had to know the players. I inform you that I do not know the other players, even if I look at his profile, nothing tells me that he is a cheater!! we are 4 to have lost because of this
    No - It's not a joke. You (now) know how the game works. You can know decide how you want to play.

You can attempt a solo win yourself, or you can spend some time during the game evaluating possible allies before forming or joining a coalition with them.

You get to choose what you want to do, including what risks you want to take.
  • Quebec Empire wrote:

you can't have a solo victory if you were in coalition. I study video game level design and the first thing we are taught is to make a game fair. if this is allowed then there is no point in playing this game if we reward cheaters. I spend a lot in this game, but for them if they don't know how to design a game.
    The game isn’t “fair” already (Know what I mean?)

And if this guy can qualify for a solo, but your coa hasn’t won yet... maybe you should be contributing more.
    "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
  • KFGauss wrote:

Quebec Empire wrote:

is it a joke? you say that as if I had to know the players. I inform you that I do not know the other players, even if I look at his profile, nothing tells me that he is a cheater!! we are 4 to have lost because of this
    No - It's not a joke. You (now) know how the game works. You can know decide how you want to play.
    You can attempt a solo win yourself, or you can spend some time during the game evaluating possible allies before forming or joining a coalition with them.

Nah its more of an Issue of the game.

When the game
    - almost forces you to play together with a random bunch of people (because lets be honest, the average player has no chance to win solo)
    - at the same time makes it incredibly difficult to determine how trustworthy someone is (no reputation system or similar)
    - actually provides next to no incentive to play together as a team (eg landstealing; everyone getting their own vp in gold instead of coa score)
    - differentiates between coa and solo win (and the latter being rarer and thus more valuable in terms of bragging rights —> ppl betraying to get that valuable solo)

then it’s rigged in favor of solo/ playing only with trusted friends from the very start.
    I am The Baseline for opinions
  • Teburu wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Quebec Empire wrote:

No - It's not a joke. You (now) know how the game works. You can know decide how you want to play.You can attempt a solo win yourself, or you can spend some time during the game evaluating possible allies before forming or joining a coalition with them.

Nah its more of an Issue of the game.
    When the game
    - almost forces you to play together with a random bunch of people (because lets be honest, the average player has no chance to win solo)
    - at the same time makes it incredibly difficult to determine how trustworthy someone is (no reputation system or similar)
    - actually provides next to no incentive to play together as a team (eg landstealing; everyone getting their own vp in gold instead of coa score)
    - differentiates between coa and solo win (and the latter being rarer and thus more valuable in terms of bragging rights —> ppl betraying to get that valuable solo)

then it’s rigged in favor of solo/ playing only with trusted friends from the very start.
    No argument with that except to say that I don't think we are contradicting each other.

Nothing is "fair", except in some ___ sense (You get to fill in the blank).

This applies to video games and CoN games.

Everything you describes is known to (or can/will be quickly learned by) anyone who has their eyes open before and during CoN games, so in that sense they are fair, and the cooperation (or lack thereof) that those games encourage simply is what it is.

That said, I agree with anyone who encourages Dorado to create those cooperation incentives and treason disincentives you mentioned
  • KFGauss wrote:

No argument with that except to say that I don't think we are contradicting each other.
    Nothing is "fair", except in some ___ sense (You get to fill in the blank).

This applies to video games and CoN games.

Everything you describes is known to (or can/will be quickly learned by) anyone who has their eyes open before and during CoN games, so in that sense they are fair, and the cooperation (or lack thereof) that those games encourage simply is what it is.

That said, I agree with anyone who encourages Dorado to create those cooperation incentives and treason disincentives you mentioned
    What we have to remember is that this is Dorado’s game, so Dorado (and nobody else) decides the rules of the game.

Of course, Dorado can build on constructive criticism provided by the gaming community, but they’re not obliged to.

I’ll stick to what I wrote above.
    "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
  • As I say, it's a flaw that Dorado doesn't know about. Leaving a game and changing coalitions in party court is fine, but leaving knowing that the game will end immediately giving a solo victory is just outrageous. It is impossible to win by playing solo and I know of no friends who play this game, as the majority of players are forced to play a game with cheats.

For me they are cheats because they exploit the faults of a game, you can call it what you want. I have played more than 50 games and this is the first time I see this, everyone wonders why they lost today we had all the points necessary for a coalition victory.
  • Quebec Empire wrote:

As I say, it's a flaw that Dorado doesn't know about. Leaving a game and changing coalitions in party court is fine, but leaving knowing that the game will end immediately giving a solo victory is just outrageous. It is impossible to win by playing solo and I know of no friends who play this game, as the majority of players are forced to play a game with cheats.

For me they are cheats because they exploit the faults of a game, you can call it what you want. I have played more than 50 games and this is the first time I see this, everyone wonders why they lost today we had all the points necessary for a coalition victory.
    WTF makes you think Dorado doesn't know about it (Don't answer. It's a rhetorical question)?
    Sheesh.
  • As I mentioned I study video game level design and I am possibly more competent than the designers of this game. A player leaving a coalition at the end of the game should have a coalition victory and not a solo victory. This encourages cheating. In addition, we have nothing that indicates the level of reliability of the player. For example, how many times he leaves a coalition, how many times he leaves by inactivity.

When you join a game, you should no longer have the option to have a solo victory or increase the number of points for a solo victory. A good game designer should know that
  • Quebec Empire wrote:

As I say, it's a flaw that Dorado doesn't know about. Leaving a game and changing coalitions in party court is fine, but leaving knowing that the game will end immediately giving a solo victory is just outrageous. It is impossible to win by playing solo and I know of no friends who play this game, as the majority of players are forced to play a game with cheats.

Well - I must say it's pretty amazing that the entire universe failed to notice this "outrageous flaw" until you pointed it out to them/us. - Know what I mean?

Separately, and on a more positive note - Did you ever think of making some in-game friends and developing those friendships into a trusted set of partners, maybe even making the result into an Alliance that competes against other alliances?
  • We are not in CONFLICT OF TRAITOR.

I don't play this game to make friends. but to play and have fun without another player taking advantage of the weaknesses of a game to cheat. We all worked hard to have our coalition victory. It's not for an idiot ([Name removed by Moderator])to leave to end the game for his solo victory

The post was edited 1 time, last by Teburu ().