Territorial Waters

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Territorial Waters

Greetings Gentlemen

Today's Suggestion is about Territorial Waters

The way i imagine it is that every water way that leads toward a piece of territory you own would count as your territorial waters, and any foreign unit that enters those paths would declare war, except for stealth units such as submarines, and high level naval officer

In this New Zealand example every water way that is marked in Red would count as your territorial waters.

----------------------

Currently, in order to protect your port cities you need to park a ship right inside a port to make sure that disembarking enemy units will engage the ship and die, but this would end up being costly if you have multiple entrances to your land, and it is especially a problem for island nations in my opinion; this is not a problem if you declare war on potential countries that you suspect would decide to invade you, however there's a limit to how many nations you can declare war onto before the negative de-buffs of war starts crippling your economy and makes the control of cities impossible due to rogue state spawning continuously.

This is where my suggestion comes in, as the benefits of such a new mechanic would make the defense of your coastal cities easier in some cases, since sometimes two or more port cities share 1 coastal water intersection (where the wave icon is located), thus it would give the ability to protect multiple entrances to your homeland using less ships, thus allowing you to save on critical resources that could be used elsewhere.
      Finally, an other benefit of such a mechanic is that since you can park your ships farther from your ports, then this would allow your ships to detect incoming units from a farther distance.

Thank you for reading this post through, make sure to let me know what you think.
    • I was thinking about something similar,
      part of this is addressing a bigger issue:
      Notifications Filter and Group

IRL when a damaged ship comes into a neutral port (at least in ww2) it was not allowed to leave, in CoN we can heal apparently in any coastal waters. This affects your suggestion, as a neutral country may want to come heal their ships or park in a place that will start healing if they're attacked.

Maybe an easier (but helpful) suggestion would be to have vision into "territorial waters" this would make sense as you'd expect local inhabitants and fishermen etc to notice a foreign navy just chilling there. An enemy naval or transport could trigger the entering province notification (a bit sooner than landing). Coastal cities are currently quite vulnerable.
    • Silen Threat wrote:

well how about removing the mechanic that heals ships in any coastal water and istead they have to be parked in friendly ports to start healing ?
      while we're at it why not make higher level naval bases heal ships faster for example
      I think that's how it use to work,
      idk I was a noob back then...
      In recent games I do still park my ships in naval bases, I wasn't paying attention to see if that really helps tho.
      We use to always park ground troops in the port as well.

This may be a bit off-topic,
      One suggestion I haven't posted yet was about parking in ports, maybe it depends on the map but I had a few where it was darn near impossible to get a naval unit to appear in the city.
    • user ...,
      I actually did change the number but I kept the user prefix to appear noob : )
      I tried to recover it this year, but I didn't try enough. I don't think it had any unlocked Season units. Security council doesn't affect me very much, since I'm pretty good at keeping my queues and units busy. I understand how it helps inactive players, but it seems kinda pointless to me so far.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hakville ().