Let Helicopters land on Combat Outposts

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hakville wrote:

MattBooth25 wrote:
      There could be a heli pad added which would be around 1/2 the cost of airfields, would build faster, and would not be able to be used by planes.
      Suggestion:
      Let helicopters land on Combat Outposts,
      maybe Field Hospitals and Local Industry would make sense as well.
      Perhaps allow landing, but not healing at non-airbase sites? For me that would be consistent with what my intuition tells me in-game helicopters should be able to do.
    • KFGauss wrote:

Hakville wrote:

Suggestion:Let helicopters land on Combat Outposts,
      Perhaps allow landing, but not healing at non-airbase sites? For me that would be consistent with what my intuition tells me in-game helicopters should be able to do.

Ok this is an off-topic tangent,
      it's always bothered me that a hospital would really in any way affect tanks, or aircraft. Even replacing casualties would be more like training (either new recruits or mobilizing reserve manpower). Some field service is a given, but that shouldn't easily get a tank or plane back to 100% maybe 50%.

Idk what's up with healing naval units so I don't want to comment on that, but I thought hospitals helped with that too.

I have built Field Hospitals on Airfields specifically to heal aircraft, so what you're describing is really a separate issue.
    • Hakville wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Hakville wrote:

Suggestion:Let helicopters land on Combat Outposts,
      Ok this is an off-topic tangent,
      it's always bothered me that a hospital would really in any way affect tanks, or aircraft. Even replacing casualties would be more like training (either new recruits or mobilizing reserve manpower). Some field service is a given, but that shouldn't easily get a tank or plane back to 100% maybe 50%.

Idk what's up with healing naval units so I don't want to comment on that, but I thought hospitals helped with that too.

I have built Field Hospitals on Airfields specifically to heal aircraft, so what you're describing is really a separate issue.
      What I was suggesting is that a Helo on the ground at a province containing a Combat Outpost and a Field Hospital but not containing an Air Base, would not receive the hospital's benefits if the Devs wanted to minimize the amount to which landing at a Combat Outpost replaces landing at an actual Air Base.
    • I think an elegant solution to this issue would be to simply add the air assault ability to choppers, meaning they can add their power to an air assault stack. This could give them ability to jump to non airfield territories however they would need to rebase at an airfield to return to regular air patrol operations.
    • Hakville wrote:

No. For one thing, ships do not get into cities, to begin with.

Naval units are healed automatically while on shallow (coastal) water.

Note, in general, that grasping for IRL analogies is usually a poor way trying to understand CON mechanics. OFC tanks do not have "health" in real life. But here that is just a synonym for HP-fullness; and in-game hospitals are merely tools to bring HP back to its nominal level, that is all. Surely they do not heal like real-world health institutions.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player