New to game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New to game

hello all,
      I have tried to do a search on my questions but all I got was about someone building a script for it to play game for them.

Anyway, I am fairly new to this game and I'm struggling to get. Grasp on how some people grow their army quite fast.
      Question 1;
      How do you gain resources at a pretty quick speed? At my home cities the resource production is not that great. I have heard to build local industry where there is not any city and resources are produced. I do that but the production is still quite slow. I also heard from people if you build arms industries it will boast your morale which will boast production. Is this true that if I build arms industries in home cities and occupied cities my resources will be produced faster?

Question 2
      Is there a way to get faster Mobilization? Does building arms industries or army/ naval / air base up to higher levels increase the speed at which troops are created? I am trying to get a jump on some of these people that create armies super quick and up defeating me.

ANY help at this game would be super helpful. If I find some tricks I'll be sure to share as well.

Thanks
      Evan
    • This answer is coming to you from my phone, so I'm going to write much.

Find the thread Pale Rider created to describe playing Nicaragua and attempting to win a BGUSA game 20 (I think) days. Use a Google search limted to the forum site to find the thread. It's a good example.

Otherwise there are tons of early game advice posts, debates, and threads. Use Google searches of the forum and they'll show up if you experiment a bit with your search terms.

<EDIT>
      Try reading my long post full of white & green text in page 8 of the thread at the link below. In particular notice the links at the end of it.
      Day 1 guide
      </EDIT>

The post was edited 4 times, last by KFGauss ().

• At the start of the game chose which units you would like, you will learn from time which units work well together, which kind of units are needed. Once you decided on a set of units you check their building requirements and build 1-3 production centres, cities where you can produce said unit. Once you got the buildings, start producing. With your starting army start conquering your neighbours, that grows your economy. Once you got your desired units produced, use them to attack wealthier neighbours. Forge coalitions to team up on strong enemies. Excess resources can be used to invest into arms industries and local industries which will increase your resource output.
    • Building that give resources

Arm industry ( 10% ea lvl)recommended lvl 1 only

airbase ( 5% ea lvl)Not recommended too high cost

Naval base (5% ea lvl)lvl)Not recommended too high cost

Bunker( give moral the more the better)mid game up to lvl 3 only
      Enemy citys(25% of that city's resources) don't build arm industry or any building in it
      Enemy normal area with resources icon on them( recommended to build local industry lvl 1 in it)

Recruiting office(Give you man power and speed up Mobilization) lvl 1 only not recommended to lvl it more at the start maybe later