Is this forum suddenly becoming more active?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hakville wrote:

I think I want to encourage him to present a more positive tone.
      While this is a good advice, it really has negligible effect on the activity level of the forum.

IMO these days the amount of substantial discussion is lower than the historical highs (while higher than the lows, alas - it is nigh impossible to pin down what "typical" is). The superficial activity level (as judged by the total level of posts) ebbs and flows depending mostly upon waves of spams.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player
    • Zozo001 wrote:

Hakville wrote:

While this is a good advice, it really has negligible effect on the activity level of the forum.
      IMO these days the amount of substantial discussion is lower than the historical highs (while higher than the lows, alas - it is nigh impossible to pin down what "typical" is). The superficial activity level (as judged by the total level of posts) ebbs and flows depending mostly upon waves of spams.
      Positive tone - Hmmm - Lemme see what I can think up:
      • I am positive that reviewing what's in the forum already and then adding to it will be rewarding.
      • I'm similarly positive that reviewing what experts have put into the forum already, and then asking questions that fill in any blanks in the existing information or that resolve apparent contradictions will supply complete answers faster than asking for the thoughts of any given day's randos to be trickled in in dribs, drabs, and spurts.
      • And, I'm positive that extending an existing discussion topic is usually better than restarting it.
      There - Plenty of positive waves from both me and Moriarty for you Oddball.

However, I have noticed quite a few negative waves being produced by some TD4 types of complainers. For some reason they are full of negativity about using the existing forum. They just don't seem to like contributors that were here before they were. It sure is an odd sort of prejudice.

The way they complain about being reminded that the forum wasn't created yesterday is just the darnedest thing your ever read. It's as if reading anything that was here before they were burns their eyes or something. ;)

The post was edited 4 times, last by KFGauss ().

• KFGauss wrote:

Zozo001 wrote:

Hakville wrote:

While this is a good advice, it really has negligible effect on the activity level of the forum.IMO these days the amount of substantial discussion is lower than the historical highs (while higher than the lows, alas - it is nigh impossible to pin down what "typical" is). The superficial activity level (as judged by the total level of posts) ebbs and flows depending mostly upon waves of spams.
      Positive tone - Hmmm - Lemme see what I can think up:
      • I am positive that reviewing what's in the forum already and then adding to it will be rewarding.
      • I'm similarly positive that reviewing what experts have put into the forum already, and then asking questions that fill in any blanks in the existing information or that resolve apparent contradictions will supply complete answers faster than asking for the thoughts of any given day's randos to be trickled in in dribs, drabs, and spurts.
      • And, I'm positive that extending an existing discussion topic is usually better than restarting it.
      There - Plenty of positive waves from both me and Moriarty for you Oddball.

However, I have noticed quite a few negative waves being produced by some TD4 types of complainers. For some reason they are full of negativity about using the existing forum. They just don't seem to like contributors that were here before they were. It sure is an odd sort of prejudice.

The way they complain about being reminded that the forum wasn't created yesterday is just the darnedest thing your ever read. It's as if reading anything that was here before they were burns their eyes or something. ;)
      Nice Kelly's Heroes reference.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

A_Talking_Crab wrote:

My return, single handedly, brought this forum back from the grave
      Were you here during the D4 era? The forum was nowhere near dead then!
      It kind of was a living dead. ... zombie forum.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD