The joy of armored demolition - Resource Output edition

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The joy of armored demolition - Resource Output edition

In one of my experimental games I got to a stage where lots of armoreds needs to be cleaned up in abandoned AI countries.
      I figured this is a good occasion to demonstrate, with specific ingame combat data, how vulnerable they are in actual practice. (Some stacks are reinforced by AFVs besides infantry meatshield.) I am about to spam mixed Attack+Gunship helo force for this operation. My country, Finland, is still limited in the necessary Components production (with a net of 2154/day excess over HL city), due to recent warfare wrecking my economy somewhat.

At the same time, I will collect and publish some economics data to see the effect of expansion, as the mopping up proceeds. This is inspired by KFGauss' impressive collection, although I do not intend to be nearly as comprehensive.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zozo001 ().

• I would be interested in the results of such a study, especially pertaining to their vulnerability, and down the line, how they could be improved.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Thumbs up.

A while back I did (and published here) some spreadsheeting that tried to do apples-on-apples comparisons between the two non-ASW Helo types and non-EAA Strike Fighters.

I remember struggling with trying to take into account the differing research costs, production costs, Atk strengths, HP, likely Hard/Soft Target mixes, likely target Def strengths, air base costs, hospital costs, and reaction times (flight speeds).

For several of those factors I simply gave up trying to use a spreadsheet to model the effects.

Among other comparisons I compared the area (a function of Combat Range) each aircraft could cover from one airbase, and I did a little calculating to see how travel-speed multiplied by Damage delivered (Soft and or Hard) per Mission compared among the three.

And, of course, as you might expect - The spreadsheet result was a nearly incomprehensible sea of numbers (even for me, and I'm the author), but I think I was headed in the right directions.

I'll post a link here shortly (done). I'll share the spreadsheet directly (as a GoogleSheet) if anyone wants it.

This is all a long way of me offering something that might be an input to what you're doing.

Here is the link to the previous post containing the spreadsheet images: Attack helicopters vs Strike fighters

The post was edited 3 times, last by KFGauss ().