Stealth strike and air superiority fighter ferry range

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Stealth strike and air superiority fighter ferry range

hello all I have stealth fighters and bombers in the horn of Africa trying to ferry to Southern India over oman and it says its out of range yet I can ferry to northern Europe without stopping? I think if I separate the bombers they would ferry to India but I need the fighters to protect them, just confused
    • Leonidas 23 wrote:

hello all I have stealth fighters and bombers in the horn of Africa trying to ferry to Southern India over oman and it says its out of range yet I can ferry to northern Europe without stopping? I think if I separate the bombers they would ferry to India but I need the fighters to protect them, just confused
      There is a glitch like this. For example, if you have helicopters and strikers in a stack and split them, some times it only lets the strikers travel the range of the helicopters.
      This We'll Defend” - U.S. Army :thumbsup:
    • Leonidas 23 wrote:

HI! Perhaps if you collect all the detailed data related with this and contact us using the "Bug report" or on [email protected], we can have a look and check what's happening ;)
      Thanks!
    • HI! Perhaps if you READ the bug reports,
      I've probably submitted a couple on this topic myself...

It's most annoying in pacific I'm often island hopping.
      sometimes ground units ferry from Hawaii to Fiji, sometimes they won't and try to go by water.

To be fair OP is probably referring to a situation where Bombers are ferrying but within striking distance, whereas the fighters are also ferrying but outside of their striking distance.

I've noticed this makes a difference, especially if you give then any kind of command (like an alternate destination even if it's closer) sometimes they'll turn back and there's nothing you can do about it. this doesn't seem to happen within striking distance.
    • Hakville wrote:

HI! Perhaps if you READ the bug reports,
      I've probably submitted a couple on this topic myself...

It's most annoying in pacific I'm often island hopping.
      sometimes ground units ferry from Hawaii to Fiji, sometimes they won't and try to go by water.

To be fair OP is probably referring to a situation where Bombers are ferrying but within striking distance, whereas the fighters are also ferrying but outside of their striking distance.

I've noticed this makes a difference, especially if you give then any kind of command (like an alternate destination even if it's closer) sometimes they'll turn back and there's nothing you can do about it. this doesn't seem to happen within striking distance.
      Yes, please, do it. It's the only way we can confirm that there's a pattern and a real bug.
      Please believe me, we try our best to deal with all the reports, tickets, emails, Discord messages you send us...
      So thank you very much for your understanding and your cooperation. Your help and your cooperation in these kind of issues is fundamental :thumbup:
    • On topic,

The more recent change(s) to aircraft obviously affected ferry, these are probably separate issues.
      • When ferrying across the Pacific, fighters (asf and strike) seem to disappear when u zoom in... and their vision bubble(s) are in the wrong place. I have screenshots, and i think it's reproducible. It's correct position can be seen when zoomed out, but i think it's impossible to select the unit.
      • The slightest errors (trying to scroll the screen while an action is pending) can make it turn back,
      I have more but i don't think it's my job to do your plm (yet)

Workaround,
      • Sometimes the ferry just doesn't work (when it should) and ground units will just have to swim for a day.
      • Personally when a unit is in a long ferry, I'm very careful not to click on it in any way.
      • i often do multiple small hops manually instead of trusting a long range ferry.
      I think i remember see negative feedback in the play store about this specific issue, that was many months ago. I didn't understand exactly what they were complaining about at the time.

I'll post more general comments elsewhere, would very much appreciate followup about change process ( features /bugs /behavior, etc)
      I wanted to address the topic of this thread, but if we have your attention I'd also like to request better coordination to identify and address bugs /behavior in general.

PS
      I was trying to edit this post, it said I'm typing something censored the clue is tops-g backwards but i don't see anything like that in my text... (i don't know what that means and I'm hesitant to visit urban dictionary atm)
      It ended up being wrogn "spot" whuch i changed to wrong "place".

The post was edited 9 times, last by Hakville ().