Aircrafts at airports and AWCS utility

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Aircrafts at airports and AWCS utility

Hy, I have two questions:
      1. When a plane is at an airport and it's attacked does it do damage? According to the statistics it should do it, but I have noticed several times that when I attack an airport where there are planes I took no damage.
      2. What is the radar utility? Ok, you can see where are enemies troops, but how can it help you?
    • T8.0 wrote:

Hy, I have two questions:
      1. When a plane is at an airport and it's attacked does it do damage? According to the statistics it should do it, but I have noticed several times that when I attack an airport where there are planes I took no damage.
      2. What is the radar utility? Ok, you can see where are enemies troops, but how can it help you?

Teburu wrote:

1. No, only a bit to ground units
      2. Actually knowing where the enemy is helps you with killing their units.
      To add to Teburu's #2:

I like to use mobile radar not only to find and kill enemy units but also for homeland defense. Specifically if your country has decent amount of territory adjacent to water, and / or port cities. I set up mobile radars near port cities, choke points, and major sea lanes / intersections that enemies may use to attack my home country. I use the mobile radar in conjunction with other air and navy units for protection.

One specific strategic use is to monitor busy choke points such as: the Panama Canal, Suez Canal, The straight of Gibraltar, Gulf of Aden / Oman, etc. I get to see if someone wants to pay me a visit or not and adjust my patrols or other units way ahead of when they come close to my home country.

Many players use the radar in conjunction with ranged attack units. It is effective.
      I pair mobile radar / special forces with rail guns.
    • T8.0 wrote:

Thank you, I have only another question, what day do you usually search for radar??
      Hmm, my research is more fluid / dynamic vs linear, time wise.

Here are some things I consider:

• I don't usually use mobile radar on smaller maps.
      • I pay attention to what is going on in CON news and use the information to decide to when to research mobile radars.
      • My research of mobile radar is also impacted by how much resources I have. Most specifically rare materials. If I have an open research slot and have a small amount of rares then the mobile radar may be researched.
      • Are players building naval bases yet? Are the using navy yet?
      • How powerful are countries air forces?
      • What are nearby countries doing? What is their threat level?
      But in general, on larger maps, I will have mobile radar researched by around day 12 or more.

It is also dependent on how far away my attacking units are from my home country. The farther I get stretched thin, the more valuable mobile radars are in coordinating offenses and defenses.