Make Morale of All Cities tend toward 100

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Make Morale of All Cities tend toward 100

Right now, the game's Morale system is very confusing. Provinces tend toward 100, while Cities do not. To make matters worse, Homeland Cities, Occupied Cities, and Annexed Cities all tend toward different Morale values. And those values are not even listed in the game!

What I want to suggest is to make the Morale of all Cities tend toward 100. I also play Call of War, and in that game, EVERY SINGLE PROVINCE CAN NATURALLY (without buildings) GET TO 100 MORALE. I understand that Call of War is a different game than CoN, but what would be the reason behind not letting Cities tend toward 100 morale? The only way, really, that you can get Occupied Cities to 100 morale is to frantically build lots of Morale-raising buildings. And no player wants to worry about that!

If the Dorado devs really think it is necessary to keep their current Morale system, they should at least put in the game, preferrably in the Morale infobox dropdown, what Morale value that particular City will tend to. It would help everyone to better understand how Morale works.
      Judy Hopps, fearless officer, devoted to protecting Zootopia and all of its creatures.
    • Better description of how CoN works would be Good. For me "better" means they tell me enough to let me use my intuition well when I'm deciding what strategies and tactics to use - Including when I deciding what buildings to construct along with deciding what weapons and units to mobilize.

But, based on what you've written so far, setting all morale targets to 100% is simply not necessary.

Your suggestion/request talks about frantically building morale-raising buildings, and you write that no player wants to worry about doing that. I agree, and my advice is "Don't worry about it."

So far I only use buildings to improve morale when very unusual circumstances occur, and I do just fine in my games.

Getting cities to 100% morale, or not, is a strategic decision players take. Doing it might pay off well, or it might be a disaterous misallocation of time and other resources.

So - "Yes" to improved descriptions, and "No" to all-at-100%.

PS: Did you search to look for explanations of why the current system is what it is??? Those sorts of topics were often discussed here in the early days of the game.
    • Judy - I liked your post because I agree with you on that the target morale of the city should be displayed in the game (especially because new players are likely confused with the morale mechanic). However, I don't agree that the target morale of all cities should be 100.

While I don't work for Dorado, my guess is that they want players to 1) Use Gold to raise the morale of the city, or 2) Spend resources on morale-raising buildings like Underground Bunkers which, in turn, would lead to a higher probability of Gold being spent.

I have also played CoW before (tho I'm not very good at it), and having all the cities tend toward 100 (they can get from 70 to 100 in less than 5 days usually) negates the need for the CoW morale-raising building.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup: