National Guard Auto Healing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• National Guard Auto Healing

National guard, even if they spawn with low hp, have a useful feature of automatically healing to 100% if they win a battle. I include them in early game stacks because they typically absorb 25% of incoming damage (based on stack composition) then dust it off and is a way to get them operationally ready much quicker that coastal healing.

It works when attacking a city and if it's their first engagement. That's as far as I thought the feature went.

Then, a few months back, saw them auto heal in their 2nd engagement attacking a city (may have been a bug). But have recently seen troops that retreated from their 1st battle in a province, then go onto attack a city in their 2nd battle, win & auto heal.

Used to think the new low hp spawns had to be kept separate from healed ones for it to work, but seems you can just merge the sick & the healthy to aid survivability and the whole NG stack will still go to 100% hp once a battle is over.

In general, I don't have a full grasp on how this feature works. Does anyone have the lowdown on it? Especially:

Does this work:
      1. If you are defending in a city?
      2. In any instance in a province? Whether In the centre or not or on attack or defence?
      3. Only on initial engagements, or a number of subsequent ones too?

The wiki just says that ground units heal only in cities, provinces with field hospitals and coastal waters. It doesn't talk about this feature at all.