Insurgents spawn too frequently late game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Insurgents spawn too frequently late game

Hello,

First post so unsure if this is the correct place :rolleyes:

It is my opinion that insurgents spawn far too frequently in the late game of Conflict of Nations.

I understand the Morale system, but if we are being realistic, in a public game you will have some wars that will go on for a very long time as essentially “dead” conflicts. This can be players whom perhaps have ships parked off somewhere or some units somewhere or a province you can’t get to.

Likewise, if in a big war with a coalition, that goes on for some time, the insurgents spawn way too frequently. For example in one of my current games, I am solo vs a coalition and I hold most of Europe. I literally need need to play whack a mole with Insurgents as they continuously rebel in the same cities over and over again.

It is far too much micromanagement, and to be honest as a player it makes me zone out late game. Often I will just keep what I have after day 25 or so and let the rest of my coalition get their VP up to par so we can end the game.

It simply is not fun to keep quelling the same rebellions over and over again.

I have a few suggestions that may help. If no conflict has taken place with a player who is not active or an AI nation for a set period of ingame days or real life hours, make it so the AI auto accepts peace when the player proposes it. This would help with keeping morale in check and prevent unnecessary conquests just to end the war (cough Russia cough).

Secondly, please put a cool down timer for insurgents on individual cities. If Paris rebels on Day 26, make it so it can only rebel again if moral falls after a certain period of time, say 4 in game days. Or alternatively, only after the moral has fallen by a certain threshold due to an event, such as being conquered again by a different player or a country losing its HQ.

Thirdly, it could be fun to have a mechanism in which we can suppress rebellions using resources. Make it expensive so as not to be abusable, but perhaps s flat cost in the manpower resource + mil supplies, say 500 manpower and 200 military supplies does not increase morale, but suppress insurgents for a period of 7 in game days unless certain events are triggered.

This gives a way for non Golding players to ensure important provinces don’t rebel. But would be too expensive to do for every city in the late game. Golding players can obviously do what they want whether it’s raise moral or suppress etc etc.

Or just lower the frequency for insurgents in general. I understand the need for them as a mechanic but it is sort of a game killer for me.

TL;dr -

Insurgents spawn too frequently in the late game, which should be about big wars with players not playing whack a mole. Some suggestions to improve. General moan :love:
    • I don't have the problem you describe - What do you guess that I do differently that allows me to avoid it?

When you write "late game" what game days do you have in mind? 20 through 40? 30 through 50? Later than those?

What are your typical morale penalties when this happens?

Do you occupy cities for a couple of days after you capture them (to suppress rebellions while the city morale move up)?
    • Mother Hen wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

I never limit myself to one style of play. So, because of that, on occasion I have had this problem, most often not.
      Insurgents are really easy to kill, and net 3 SP per kill, more than most regular units.
      Are you trying to be funny, or just badly patronizing me?
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD