Scout ability

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Trigger Warning - DoD should avert his eyes - There are mobile screenshots here.

Hakville wrote:

. . .

This issue applies to units with radar on MobileApp, most Aero, Sam, Mobile Radar, TDS... they're missing the light/ intermediate fog-of-war.

All these images:
      • Are from my Samsung Galaxy Mobile phone
      • Are from a Flashpoint game
      • Have Fog-of-War turned on
      • Show the same level 6 Mobile Radar (Radar Range = 250)
      • The mobile radar is in the Desert (Sight Range = 25)
      Difference among the images are:
      • The first image is zoomed in on the Mobile Radar so that it's Sight Range graphics are obvious.
      • In the second, third and fourth that same Mobile Radar is the unit slightly left of center at the bottom edge of the images.
      • The second, third and fourth images are zoomed out far enough for the Radar Range graphics to be visible, in addition to still showing the Sight Range graphics and a few other units.
      • In the third image the unit is selected and consequently the rotating green part of the Radar graphics is visible. The sight range graphics are still present too.
      • The fourth is zoomed out a bit more so that the Mobile Radar's Radar-Range graphics are more easily seen.

Is there a problem with these images that I'm not noticing? They look OK to me. Some of the posts above seem to say that a problem should be visible.

Screenshot_20230622-213058_CON WW3.jpgScreenshot_20230622-213122_CON WW3.jpgScreenshot_20230622-213132_CON WW3.jpgScreenshot_20230622-221801_CON WW3.jpg

The post was edited 9 times, last by KFGauss ().

• Hakville wrote:

Thanks @KFG,

Do you have any other units with Radar you can check?

It would be nice to know when your game was started as well (how many days, is it 4x) i know some changes only take effect in new games (after a patch).
      At 00:00 GMT the game was at about 12:00 of Day 43. It's a 1X game that started 43 real-life days ago.

Other units with RADAR = Yes. But they are a bigger pain in the neck to assess, so I haven't done anything with them yet.

Other folks shouldn't wait for me - They are welcome to create similar sets of images (maybe only if they think they are seeing a problem).
    • Right now there are 2 "members" online and 144 guests, the average user benefits overwhelmingly from the contributors.

Most posts are either noob questions or off-topic, the number of post that are "progressive" are few and far between. PB has definitely contributed some helpful feedback to questions i had.

The top few users (say top3, or top5 or top10) probably post a good percentage of the relevant content, and are best equipped to answer new questions. It's easy for us to forget, and it's definitely taken for granted.

I made a new thread about the Sight/Fog-of-War issue.
      I'm wondering what your graphics settings are as well?