Announcement The Art of Alliance War: Unveiling a New Era of ELO Rankings!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Now that you have defended your imagination, can we please return to the topic of the thread? Why should other players be forced to pay the same prices you did when you first acquired them since, as has been pointed out, those units have all been nerfed? The units might have the same names but are simply not equal to what they were when first introduced.
      Vae Victus
    • Suraklin wrote:

Now that you have defended your imagination, can we please return to the topic of the thread? Why should other players be forced to pay the same prices you did when you first acquired them since, as has been pointed out, those units have all been nerfed? The units might have the same names but are simply not equal to what they were when first introduced.
      That they have ALL been nerfed is not factual.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • KFGauss wrote:

Suraklin wrote:

. . . can we please return to the topic of the thread? . . .
      If I haven't completely forgotten how to read, I think this thread's topic is ELO Rankings.
      Maybe posts about whether or not the "Elite" units were nerfed are just a bit off-topic???
      Don't even try to pull this bunk and put it on me. The side spike on elite units was a logical natural outgrowth of comments to the OP, showing a meta pattern where "the company" prioritizes and favors johnny come latelys over longtime loyal members.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Dealer of Death wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Suraklin wrote:

If I haven't completely forgotten how to read, I think this thread's topic is ELO Rankings.Maybe posts about whether or not the "Elite" units were nerfed are just a bit off-topic???
      Don't even try to pull this bunk and put it on me. The side spike on elite units was a logical natural outgrowth of comments to the OP, showing a meta pattern where "the company" prioritizes and favors johnny come latelys over longtime loyal members.
      I think "the company" favors those who want to pay now vs. those who have paid in the past.
      Vae Victus
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Suraklin wrote:

If I haven't completely forgotten how to read, I think this thread's topic is ELO Rankings.Maybe posts about whether or not the "Elite" units were nerfed are just a bit off-topic???
      Don't even try to pull this bunk and put it on me. . . .
      You might want to notice that I quoted Surakin's self-contradictory post about nerfing elite units (because it contradicted itself), and that I DIDN'T quote any DoD posts.
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Suraklin wrote:

No. This season actually benefits veterans, as they don't have to do anything new to earn units.
    • Mother Hen wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Suraklin wrote:

No. This season actually benefits veterans, as they don't have to do anything new to earn units.
      What kind of inane reasoning is that? They don't get anything new to earn. It's not like some onerous travail that the loyal people need a much deserved rest from. It's not "they don't have to do anything new to earn units", it's "they can't do anything new to earn units"
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Mother Hen wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Suraklin wrote:

I read and I don't believe. Newbies will get same units which veterans bought to get advantage against others (what include newbies). New unit is by far the best option, because veterans will be awarded for loyalty for many years, while everyone could get new unit according to the same criteria..
      How can be benefit, that everyone with SC get new units, excluding veterans which obviously paid the most to Dorado (if they have all Seasonal units and regularly pay for SC membership)?
    • sorry, I'm quickly writing so I quoted someone I didn't want to :(
      how this new alliances ELO system will work?
      I didn't understand

about seasonal units: don't u all think all players must have same opportunities/i.e. units to be able to produce?
      or only "veterans" must have?

veterans has his knowledge giving a "boost", and fightng some "old units" could help "elders" to have a bigger challenge to face off ;)

The post was edited 1 time, last by ROMMEL.73 ().

• ROMMEL.73 wrote:

about seasonal units: don't u all think all players must have same opportunities
      That's all I'm saying, the SAME OPPORTUNITIES.

Let them have to spend the same amount on Security Council that was spent acquiring all the units, and the same amount of points to earn them*

*- slightly discounted only on the ones that were nerfed.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

ROMMEL.73 wrote:

about seasonal units: don't u all think all players must have same opportunities
      That's all I'm saying, the SAME OPPORTUNITIES.
      Let them have to spend the same amount on Security Council that was spent acquiring all the units, and the same amount of points to earn them*

u don't have the possibility to use "old elite unites" cause u spent more in Security Council

u have the possibility to use them ONLY cause u gained enough seasonal points ... 3 years ago

after, nowadays, paying for SC, u have the opportunity to use old elite units (except this season ;P )

if someone starting the game 3 days ago and spending DOUBLE u spent in the last 3 years (in 3 days) he wount be allowed to use same units u're able to do
    • ROMMEL.73 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

ROMMEL.73 wrote:

That's all I'm saying, the SAME OPPORTUNITIES.Let them have to spend the same amount on Security Council that was spent acquiring all the units, and the same amount of points to earn them*

u don't have the possibility to use "old elite unites" cause u spent more in Security Council
      u have the possibility to use them ONLY cause u gained enough seasonal points ... 3 years ago

after, nowadays, paying for SC, u have the opportunity to use old elite units (except this season ;P )

if someone starting the game 3 days ago and spending DOUBLE u spent in the last 3 years (in 3 days) he wount be allowed to use same units u're able to do
      You have no idea what you are talking about, the Elite units are the same for everyone, I don't get the OP Old EAA just because I earned it before it was nerfed, I get the same one that newbies get el cheapo.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• jack21c wrote:

Maxim | CM wrote:

Just one small note of caution: the update will automatically update the leaderboard to reflect alliance activity over the recent past.
      Does this mean that elo for all alliances will not become 0, it will be just recalculated with new formula?
      Do matches that will be played after this announcement but before the new formula will start work be count in new elo?
      More info will be coming up soon on the exact mechanics but all alliances will be reverted to ELO as per new formula calculation. Yes some alliances will run the risk of falling into 0 ELO territory specifically because inactivity is a criteria that will be tackled by the new system, as is ELO farming.