Announcement The Art of Alliance War: Unveiling a New Era of ELO Rankings!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Art of Alliance War: Unveiling a New Era of ELO Rankings!

Hear ye, Hear ye, Esteemed Generals of the Alliance!

I, Maxim, descend upon you carrying a veritable treasure trove of joyous tidings! From that fateful day when I donned the crisp uniform of Dorado and ventured into the vast and wild battlefield of Conflict of Nations, one particular gripe has echoed through the ranks louder than a sergeant's bellow - the slightly confounded ELO in the Alliance Ranking system.

As persistently as a homing pigeon with a message of utmost urgency, you've all pointed out that the ELO computation was as representative of your alliances' stellar capabilities as a potato is of a hand grenade. The War Office has been inundated with your dispatches, each one a creative suggestion for a new, improved way of calculating ELO, reflective of true alliance skill.

Huzzah! The day of reckoning is upon us. We are currently in the bowels of the strategy room, grappling with a total revamp of the Alliance leaderboard. And yes, my comrades, this overhaul includes that tricky, ill-famed ELO! The objective isn't just to spruce up the rankings, but also to boot out those indolent alliances snoozing atop the leaderboard like a gentleman after an excessive Sunday roast.

In an act worthy of a dramatic drumroll, this will also usher in the much-anticipated alliance events! Our shiny new leaderboard will finally be a true mirror to your alliances' combat skills and competitive spirit. Moreover, it will pave the way for dedicated events across our vast alliance community, promising fair play, equitable matchmaking, and no holds barred competition!

Fear not, this isn't the last dispatch you'll receive on the subject. Keep your eyes as wide as an owl's at midnight for more news from the War Office in the coming weeks! Just one small note of caution: the update will automatically update the leaderboard to reflect alliance activity over the recent past. Until then, tally-ho!
    • I understand the first page rating, top 10, this is a very old top, but there are serious nuances that I can't understand, that is, all the work and the torment passed and the diligence is all in vain? This is also unfair and puzzling, you bet on new alliances, but such a spit on the old alliances for all their diligence and work is not very good and not nice on your part (
    • JOKER_MD wrote:

I understand the first page rating, top 10, this is a very old top, but there are serious nuances that I can't understand, that is, all the work and the torment passed and the diligence is all in vain? This is also unfair and puzzling, you bet on new alliances, but such a spit on the old alliances for all their diligence and work is not very good and not nice on your part (
      Lmao.

ELO being more grind than actual skill is the current unfair part. Just look at all the alliances in the top 10-20 who just farmed their points
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Maxim | CM wrote:

improved way of calculating ELO, reflective of true alliance skill

Especially now after disabling elite games, DG is relaying on its pay to win system in alliance games...

Would be true if you couldnt use gold in ranked alliance games. This way you are promoting only alliances of Devs with unlimited ammounts of gold ,especially in the last few months with disabled Elite non gold games!

Great job Dorado! Way to go!
    • JOKER_MD wrote:

I understand the first page rating, top 10, this is a very old top, but there are serious nuances that I can't understand, that is, all the work and the torment passed and the diligence is all in vain? This is also unfair and puzzling, you bet on new alliances, but such a spit on the old alliances for all their diligence and work is not very good and not nice on your part (
      Not really. While the top 20 will change as a result of this, not all current top alliances disappear. In fact, a good portion of them still hang around in the top 20, although some might see their position change slightly. We'll provide details on how exactly the calculations will work later on.
    • The improved way of calculating ELO, reflective of true alliance skill

KamikazeOgY wrote:

Especially now after disabling elite games, DG is relaying on its pay to win system in alliance games...

Would be true if you couldnt use gold in ranked alliance games. This way you are promoting only alliances of Devs with unlimited ammounts of gold ,especially in the last few months with disabled Elite non gold games!

Great job Dorado! Way to go!
      The whole point of this change is to ensure that we can create elite challenge events based on a representative leaderboard which is common to all alliances, without having to depend on different leagues with different ways of creating competition to decide the top alliances.
    • JOKER_MD wrote:

It's becoming a pattern. They just got done spitting on those loyally having security council for all these seasons, earning the season units, and practically giving them away to the johnny come latelys. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

It's becoming a pattern. They just got done spitting on those loyally having security council for all these seasons, earning the season units, and practically giving them away to the johnny come latelys. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
      You are pissed because someone gets to play with the same toys as you? :rolleyes: How does other players getting the same season units as you cheapen what you did to get them? Plus it's not like they got them for just showing up- they pay the same cost as the last few seasons. It's just that the criteria used to be more difficult.
      Vae Victus
    • JOKER_MD wrote:

Perhaps a better way to split the baby would be to handle alliance rankings the same way as the indy ranks and have a separate ranking for each season?
      Vae Victus
    • Suraklin wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

You are pissed because someone gets to play with the same toys as you? :rolleyes: How does other players getting the same season units as you cheapen what you did to get them? Plus it's not like they got them for just showing up- they pay the same cost as the last few seasons. It's just that the criteria used to be more difficult.
      Wow, reading comprehension has slipped to kindergarten levels among people. I don't care if they get the same toys, but it is an insult to those who kept renewing their paid security council subscriptions, time after time to give them away to newcomers so cheaply. Make them "pay" the same points, and use the same amount of money in security council subscriptions to get them. I just want equality in treatment.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• "I don't care if [...] but it's an insult [...] I just want".

We understood the first time. You will not be acknowledged more than you already were.

In all frankness, there is a original sin about the way we did elite seasons. The idea is well known since 20 years and industry standard : you introduce something too strong so people get it, then you nerf it back into line, then you open it to everyone.

Now, i don't know if you know because your text makes me doubt but you actually don't need to STAY on the SC once you unlocked the elite unit. You'll keep them, as far as i know (could be wrong). You also don't need to be SC throughout ALL the season. Just to have it when the season ends.

It's likely the company will have to keep in mind this "investment" indeed, but it will probably not be for the seasons themselves.

I wonder if we have the data of the date a player got a badge.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Teburu wrote:

JOKER_MD wrote:

Lmao.
      ELO being more grind than actual skill is the current unfair part. Just look at all the alliances in the top 10-20 who just farmed their points
      Didn't know about the farm, some alliances in top 20 did great job winning most of their opponents and it is unfair to say that know this means nothing
      Что вы остолбенели?! Живо поднять гарнизон! Ну!
    • Maxim | CM wrote:

Just one small note of caution: the update will automatically update the leaderboard to reflect alliance activity over the recent past.
      Does this mean that elo for all alliances will not become 0, it will be just recalculated with new formula?

Do matches that will be played after this announcement but before the new formula will start work be count in new elo?
      Что вы остолбенели?! Живо поднять гарнизон! Ну!
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Wow, reading comprehension has slipped to kindergarten levels among people. I don't care if they get the same toys, but it is an insult to those who kept renewing their paid security council subscriptions, time after time to give them away to newcomers so cheaply. Make them "pay" the same points, and use the same amount of money in security council subscriptions to get them. I just want equality in treatment.
      Insults are the method the unimaginative use to think they will win a debate. Your intended insult came out as ironic considering you obviously did not read more than the first line.
      Again- the standards have changed and since as Opulon pointed out above "they have been nerfed" those standards dictate a reduced price. Do you go back to the store demanding your money back when you find out something you bought earlier just went on sale?
      Vae Victus
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Suraklin wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

LMAO
    • jack21c wrote:

Didn't know about the farm, some alliances in top 20 did great job winning most of their opponents and it is unfair to say that know this means nothing
      Some are just a bag of Ego. They still talk about what they did and think about 4 years before without knowing they are nothing at the current moment. Let them have it as a nothing but a lost memory of the past. Coz they will never keep up with the time but they will still talk about it. :P Personally I do like those new alliance who are trying something and playing the game without false talk.
      Have fun, nothing personal.
    • Opulon wrote:

"I don't care if [...] but it's an insult [...] I just want".

We understood the first time. You will not be acknowledged more than you already were.

In all frankness, there is a original sin about the way we did elite seasons. The idea is well known since 20 years and industry standard : you introduce something too strong so people get it, then you nerf it back into line, then you open it to everyone.

Now, i don't know if you know because your text makes me doubt but you actually don't need to STAY on the SC once you unlocked the elite unit. You'll keep them, as far as i know (could be wrong). You also don't need to be SC throughout ALL the season. Just to have it when the season ends.

It's likely the company will have to keep in mind this "investment" indeed, but it will probably not be for the seasons themselves.

I wonder if we have the data of the date a player got a badge.
      That's really disappointing coming from you Opulon. First of all I do understand that you have at least some modicum of responsibility to back the "company" but doing so by the selected quote pieces, especially the inclusion of the "I want" piece without the most key part "equality" is extremely disingenuous.

Equally disingenuous is the following "shut up" line acting as if I were crusading on this issue when what I was saying was in response to a poster's comment, not a holy war.

But, because you are normally so cool, Ima forgettaboutit.

Suraklin wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Insults are the method the unimaginative use to think they will win a debate. Your intended insult came out as ironic considering you obviously did not read more than the first line.Again- the standards have changed and since as Opulon pointed out above "they have been nerfed" those standards dictate a reduced price. Do you go back to the store demanding your money back when you find out something you bought earlier just went on sale?
      Anyone who has been around here longer than it takes to pop up and offer some crackpot taunt, fully not realizing that they started sling the mud with accusation of playing with the same toys, and total cluelessness of that fact specifying that my response was ironic, in itself being irony squared, knows that I am far from unimaginative. The best part of your retort, is there was nothing in the rest of your original post to insinuate a bifurcation into any situational irony.
      Now THAT is truly funny.
      The KING of CoN News!!!