Units that move by themselves

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Units that move by themselves

Hi, I'm in a conflict against a country that attacked me, I moved ten troops to take his capital, but I stopped in a province near the capital because I saw that he had ten troops too, after some hours, when I was offline (I saw it from the events tab) he sent 2 troops to attack my army who obviously died, when I came back online I found my army fighting in the capital of the enemy, how is it possible?
    • Rush, doesn't tell your troops to move. It only tells them to move faster AFTER you tell them to move.

The OP wrote that he "... stopped in a province near the capital ...".

If you're going to write a zillion replies into nearly every thread, you should probably invest a little more time in carefully reading the other material in those threads.
    • KFGauss wrote:

Rush, doesn't tell your troops to move. It only tells them to move faster AFTER you tell them to move.

The OP wrote that he "... stopped in a province near the capital ...".

If you're going to write a zillion replies into nearly every thread, you should probably invest a little more time in carefully reading the other material in those threads.
      I'm not talking about Rush.

I'm talking about Forced March, which makes a stack automatically move to attack an enemy unit nearby.
    • Mother Hen wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

That's a new one on me - Where can I learn more about how to invoke this "Forced March" for a stack of ground troops?
      Just press the button to turn it on, its next to the unit move/attack/split buttons. You have to do it for each stack tho
      I dont use it, dont want fresh troops to get in a fight when they dont have to.
      I just clicked on selected a stack of Mobile Infantry, and then selected a stack of National Guard, and then selected a (single-unit) Towed Array stack.

None of those three separate selections produced a Forced March option. How about posting a screen shot for me?
    • KFGauss wrote:

Mother Hen wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

That's a new one on me - Where can I learn more about how to invoke this "Forced March" for a stack of ground troops?
      Just press the button to turn it on, its next to the unit move/attack/split buttons. You have to do it for each stack thoI dont use it, dont want fresh troops to get in a fight when they dont have to.
      I just clicked on selected a stack of Mobile Infantry, and then selected a stack of National Guard, and then selected a (single-unit) Towed Array stack.
      None of those three separate selections produced a Forced March option. How about posting a screen shot for me?
      Screenshot 2023-06-07 18.41.28.png

The option is only available with armies that are already moving.
    • Thanks for the picture. That clears up that question.

I'm pretty sure you're referring to what my GUI calls "Rush".

So now we're back to reading more carefully.

I'll repeat.

• The OP said he stopped his stack.
      • That stack then got attacked some time later (where was the stack then?).
      • And then still later (some time after the attack was defeated) the OP checked his game.
      • And then still later the OP checked his game again and found the stack had moved.
      When, in that sequence, does it make any sense to speculate that he hit the Rush button by mistake?

Echoing what Teburu wrote a few days ago - Sometimes it's OK to just write nothing.

The post was edited 4 times, last by KFGauss ().

• T8.0 wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

If you didn't issue any orders for a long (long enough), the game "AI" can start issuing orders.
      Strange, yesterday, during the hours this thing happened, I was away from the game for a max of 2 hours, no more (consider that I'm playing in a 4x lobby). It'll be strange that 8 hours in 4x are considered as inactivity
      No disagreement here.

I was logged in more or less continuously and was surprised when my units in my game moved on their own.

I don't know precisely what counts as "activity" and I don't know if occasional glitches or some hole in the activity-checking algorithm's logic might occasionally cause the sorts of things we experienced.

In my game, because I was always logged in and interacting with my position (but I wasn't giving units orders), I was shocked when I figured out that Dorado was 1) giving my units orders, and 2) declared a war once.

My game was one in which I collected Production and Morale info continuously for 70 days. I was never away from it for 48 hours.
    • Mother Hen wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Mother Hen wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Just press the button to turn it on, its next to the unit move/attack/split buttons. You have to do it for each stack thoI dont use it, dont want fresh troops to get in a fight when they dont have to.
      I just clicked on selected a stack of Mobile Infantry, and then selected a stack of National Guard, and then selected a (single-unit) Towed Array stack.None of those three separate selections produced a Forced March option. How about posting a screen shot for me?
      Screenshot 2023-06-07 18.41.28.png
      The option is only available with armies that are already moving.
      thats a call of war screen...
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • The Ewac wrote:

Mother Hen wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Mother Hen wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

I just clicked on selected a stack of Mobile Infantry, and then selected a stack of National Guard, and then selected a (single-unit) Towed Array stack.None of those three separate selections produced a Forced March option. How about posting a screen shot for me?
      Screenshot 2023-06-07 18.41.28.pngThe option is only available with armies that are already moving.
      thats a call of war screen...
      Yeah, that’s definitely a CoW screen. As far as I know CoN doesn’t have that feature.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup: