Perferct research order

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Perferct research order

Think about perfect research order. How would you ordered researching to get the strongest forces in a minimal amount of time? Posts should include theoretically order or research, instead of your order in current games which could depend too much on factors like location, allies... Interesting data would be exact units and levels, research time and days when research starts and ends. Take care of the number of research slots and the doctrine.
    • When you get someone to compile and publish the response to your request, please send me a TelopathogramTM so I can check it out.

EDIT: or in Future Speak Regional English 037 - slip-slak, t-gra-back?
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD

The post was edited 2 times, last by Dealer of Death ().

• In themes about research, forum members mostly give advice to new players, or roughly talk about units that should have an advantage in research under certain conditions.

You can see that in threads like
      Research priorities

which is not the same as this thread, but can be useful information for general discussion about research which spans several topics.

There are still open questions. What is needed first, SAM or MRLS?, Helicopter gunship or ntl. guard?, not everything is explained so simply.
      Searching Google/bing/safari etc, I didn't find posts where someone exactly states the best research order.
      Btw, we can tell same about your OOB theme. With google search, it was easy to find that information before your theme. So I wouldn't agree with your criticism.
    • Tzztzttztz wrote:

In themes about research, forum members mostly give advice to new players, or roughly talk about units that should have an advantage in research under certain conditions.

You can see that in threads like
      Research priorities

which is not the same as this thread, but can be useful information for general discussion about research which spans several topics.

There are still open questions. What is needed first, SAM or MRLS?, Helicopter gunship or ntl. guard?, not everything is explained so simply.
      Searching Google/bing/safari etc, I didn't find posts where someone exactly states the best research order.
      Btw, we can tell same about your OOB theme. With google search, it was easy to find that information before your theme. So I wouldn't agree with your criticism.
      A) Instead of inviting everyone to boringly beat dead horses, maybe you should summarize that existing information and put it into your opening post, instead of being completely silent about it???

B) You asked, "What is needed first, SAM or MRLS?, Helicopter gunship or ntl. guard? . . . ". The answer in a typical public game in which you will be very active and that you want to win quickly is . . . You only need the NG.

Point B's implication is that that you haven't yet asked a question that can be answered.

You didn't specify the map/scenario, whether the game is public or alliance, the player's expected activity level, the player's style, whether the player is solo, or the type of country being played (small, large, landlocked, island, ...)

Understanding that those factors (above) must be nailed down before you can begin to try to answer a question that is simultaneously as complex and as vague as "What is the perfect research order?" are the sorts of things I was/am hoping that you would notice if you started studying what's been written before; and if you additionally started to take note of all the contradictory posts and all the people who have talked past each other when offering their opinions about this.

Also, if you look through the (imperfect) OOB thread and a few of the write-ups that active, public-game, fast-win players have written - You'll notice that only a few unit types are needed to win the vast majority of public games, and stuff like MLRSs, SAMs, TDSs, Bombers, Cruisers, Subs, Stealth aircraft, Spec Ops, Officers, etc. simply were not needed. Noticing that starts to give many folks a different outlook on this entire topic.
    • KFGauss wrote:

A) Instead of inviting everyone to boringly beat dead horses, maybe you should summarize that existing information and put it into your opening post, instead of being completely silent about it???

I don't consider myself a competent enough player to impose my opinion on how to play on others, so I would leave it to better and more experienced players.

KFGauss wrote:

You didn't specify the map/scenario, whether the game is public or alliance, the player's expected activity level, the player's style, whether the player is solo, or the type of country being played (small, large, landlocked, island, ...)
      I clearly emphasized in the opening post that this information is not that important. The ideal order of research will obviously be modifiable due to factors that are not the same in all games. Emphasis is on unchanging factors in each game such as unit strength, research time...

KFGauss wrote:

Understanding that those factors (above) must be nailed down before you can begin to try to answer a question that is simultaneously as complex and as vague as "What is the perfect research order?" are the sorts of things I was/am hoping that you would notice if you started studying what's been written before; and if you additionally started to take note of all the contradictory posts and all the people who have talked past each other when offering their opinions about this.

Also, if you look through the (imperfect) OOB thread and a few of the write-ups that active, public-game, fast-win players have written - You'll notice that only a few unit types are needed to win the vast majority of public games, and stuff like MLRSs, SAMs, TDSs, Bombers, Cruisers, Subs, Stealth aircraft, Spec Ops, Officers, etc. simply were not needed. Noticing that starts to give many folks a different outlook on this entire topic.
      Obviously, there are different strategies that can be used to win a public game, which does not mean that they are effective against any player you may encounter. When I say perfect, I mean exactly that such a order of research can't be countered by any type of player (if it wasn't clear in the first post).
    • Tzztzttztz wrote:

Think about perfect research order. How would you ordered researching to get the strongest forces in a minimal amount of time? Posts should include theoretically order or research, instead of your order in current games which could depend too much on factors like location, allies... Interesting data would be exact units and levels, research time and days when research starts and ends. Take care of the number of research slots and the doctrine.
      Dude,

Just research Gorlock the Destroyer.

YOU WIN EVERY TIME.

• Tzztzttztz wrote:

The thing with CON is lots of the units are counters to each other and are therefore situational (sams are only needed if you're expecting fixed wing aircraft) Your question effectively asks for the answer to rock paper scissors, while some things are more common to be played (such as rock or in CON strikes in a pub game) there's no true one size fits all strategy involved (the closest you can get is to just prioritise counters to the most common units played but even that is very situational and inefficent for basically all scenarios) and so there's no actual answer since its very much dependent on what your enemies do/what you're anticipating them to do.

• Isn't part of the fun of this game figuring out what combinations of units work best for you on your own? This forum is good for guidance, along those lines.

You are asking for dissertation level information / feedback here. I highly doubt anyone will take that much effort to meet your demanding request. What does the respondent get in return?

Besides, would the juice be a secret if we told you what the actual secret was?