Y'all Need Some Personality

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Y'all Need Some Personality

I was looking around the forums and have discovered an epidemic!!! I have noticed that we all have very little personality in our signatures and pictures (Oceanhawk and tinydragon are in the exceptions list along with some others) but for the most part yall don't have anything to make you you! I have both a picture AND a signature (tho it is a bit politically charged) and I'm not very smart so I know all you smart fellows can figure it out! lets start a little revolution going guys! can we see how many of you guys can get a signature and then comment on this to show it off? lets be some people with more culture then the desperate urge to kill our fellow cyber countrymen!
      As always just my 2 cents

Use Helicopters, Special forces or Stealth. Use your head to play - not the missile button. - Germanico

These terrorists aren't trying to kill us because we offended them. They attack us because they want to impose their view of the world on as many people as they can, and America is standing in their way. - Marco Rubio
    • yuenjanson wrote:

Lol mine is pretty bad. RPS (Rocket Propelled Spade)
      yeah but really funny!
      yall are getting some great culture!

Use Helicopters, Special forces or Stealth. Use your head to play - not the missile button. - Germanico

These terrorists aren't trying to kill us because we offended them. They attack us because they want to impose their view of the world on as many people as they can, and America is standing in their way. - Marco Rubio
    • Thank you Tom! I am very happy with my selection of profile picture. It comes from the game The Gray Garden, if anyone has heard of it. The story line is about a world where angels and demons get along. But then some demons from a different world decide to try to take it over. I won't spoil the ending for if anyone decides to play it. I chose this particular picture because this is what I imagine myself as while I am mercilessly slicing through enemy territory. In every war I have declared (besides RP, they don't count) I don't think I have ever dealt less than 10,000 casualties within the first ten minutes of fighting.

My signature goes along the same lines as my profile picture. Since I love using CMs so much I thought I would come up with something to describe that aspect of my attack style and voila, my signature. It comes from the anime Arpeggio of Blue Steel. Among my top ten favorites, it mixes naval battles with sci-fi and some psychology. The gif I made for my signature is my first ever. Unfortunately I don't know how to make it actually appear as a gif in the signature. I downloaded it after I made it, then tried to upload it but it said that it was too big even though it was well within the size parameter it specified. So I had to settle for just making a link to gif (if anyone knows how to fix this problem please tell me).

So yeah, that's my thought process in coming up with my pic and signature!
    • I agree we should have a ingame profile we can modify,put up a pic or something.

BTW

As this is a interesting thread I had a idea of a game these guys(game developers) should do.

Use the current tech tree.
      Allow the player to select a country(tech they use western eastern etc,)
      And have them start with a city on a random generatored world.
      One city and have them able to build more or take over other players ones.

It would off course be long lasting,in theory everylasting.(Generate new land as you explore)

Each player should be able to chose what resources the built cities produce,but have the home city be a multi resource city.

The trick would be to have lots of oceans for big sea battles.

I would pay to play that.
    • Tom Raines wrote:

I was looking around the forums and have discovered an epidemic!!! I have noticed that we all have very little personality in our signatures and pictures (Oceanhawk and tinydragon are in the exceptions list along with some others) but for the most part yall don't have anything to make you you! I have both a picture AND a signature (tho it is a bit politically charged) and I'm not very smart so I know all you smart fellows can figure it out! lets start a little revolution going guys! can we see how many of you guys can get a signature and then comment on this to show it off? lets be some people with more culture then the desperate urge to kill our fellow cyber countrymen!
      R.I.P me. i m on the forums since i started playing and i havent put a picture or a signature since the evolution of mankind
    • My picture is a herowin spoon I found one day when I was behind an electrical box. I rolled over a PVC pipe with my foot and bam, there it was. Immediately started looking for needles in case I sat on one. Obviously I did not pick up or touch the spoon. Then I took this nice picture, which is now my profile picture. Now I just need a signature.

BTW I know about that misspelling, just the filter blocks the actual word.

A man finds an old lamp and rubs it. Out comes a genie that says, “Thank you for freeing me. Would you like to be a Hero of the Soviet Union?”
      The man says yes, and poof! He then finds himself in Stalingrad in 1942, facing five tanks alone and armed with only three grenades.
    • greatbighippo wrote:

Sigs? Profile pics? Personality? I'm the king of all three.
      Bragging isn't a great personality trait ;)

A man finds an old lamp and rubs it. Out comes a genie that says, “Thank you for freeing me. Would you like to be a Hero of the Soviet Union?”
      The man says yes, and poof! He then finds himself in Stalingrad in 1942, facing five tanks alone and armed with only three grenades.
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

greatbighippo wrote:

Sigs? Profile pics? Personality? I'm the king of all three.
      Bragging isn't a great personality trait ;)
      I don't think its bragging... more like arrogance in something that's pretty trivial...

• Tom Raines wrote:

I don't think its bragging... more like arrogance in something that's pretty trivial...
      I'm not sure if that's better or worse.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Tom Raines wrote:

I'm not sure if that's better or worse.
      lol ikr?