Pinned We seek YOUR Military knowledge and wisdom for Season 11 new unit!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• T8.0 wrote:

An air unit that flies so high that it can only take damage from ship flak and aircraft, it bombard all enemy territories and troops below it as it passes, at each flight it must land in a base that is in a certain radius from the path of the bombing, it never goes back except with a second trip, to unlock it you have to research both aircraft and bombers and it seems like the Avengers' Helicarrier but without the "carrier" and with smaller size

Edit: it doesn't bomb, it shoots with mega machine guns and it can attack all the others unities, but it doesn't do defensive damage against aircraft
      I don't see how that could really be useful...
    • Folks - The possibility of a Tanker Aircraft for refueling other Aircraft is an old one that has been pretty thoroughly discussed already.

If you want to give the idea more gravitas, you're going to need to become familiar with those past discussions and add to or improve them.

Alternatively you could just give a like to each of the previous times it was suggested.
    • Aeroforce Pilot wrote:

T8.0 wrote:

An air unit that flies so high that it can only take damage from ship flak and aircraft, it bombard all enemy territories and troops below it as it passes, at each flight it must land in a base that is in a certain radius from the path of the bombing, it never goes back except with a second trip, to unlock it you have to research both aircraft and bombers and it seems like the Avengers' Helicarrier but without the "carrier" and with smaller size

Edit: it doesn't bomb, it shoots with mega machine guns and it can attack all the others unities, but it doesn't do defensive damage against aircraft
      I don't see how that could really be useful...
      It's a bomber that attacks a lot of targets with only one flight and that it cannot be attacked by ground flak, how can a unit that destroys an entire swath of enemy territory not be useful?
    • I am a retired military officer. The game is a game and I don't think Dorado wants it to be a simulation close to reality. However, I see many aspects that look like a good simulation. I like how the game is. Minor tweaks have been made to make some units more attractive to use which has caused changes in each player's strategies. I find this attractive and forces us to review our way of playing.
      In my opinion, there doesn't seem to be a need for more new units. Among the existing ones, you can place others of the same type with different characteristics.

There are only 3 aspects that I would add to the game: logistics, engineering and paratroopers (not airmobiles that already exist).

Logistics: a unit could be created with very little combat value, which would serve to accompany the maneuver units and whose life depended on its existence. no one moves between countries without logistical support.
      Engineering: how to launch anti-personnel and anti-tank minefields could be studied. In a limited way and that only caused friction in the movement and few casualties.

Paratroopers: can be dropped with ranges similar to ASF. THIS, I THINK, CAN BE AN INFANTRY ELITE UNIT.

I don't agree with the introduction of supersonic weapons, more missiles or even railguns. This starts to get into the fiction that other games get into, mischaracterizing the game. I like the Flashpoint, Overkill and WWWIII versions. I don't play zombies.
      Sorry, this is my humble opinion.
      “The dog does not bark out of courage, but out of fear.”
      Chinese Proverb
    • Gen ROMTOR wrote:

I am a retired military officer. The game is a game and I don't think Dorado wants it to be a simulation close to reality. However, I see many aspects that look like a good simulation. I like how the game is. Minor tweaks have been made to make some units more attractive to use which has caused changes in each player's strategies. I find this attractive and forces us to review our way of playing.
      In my opinion, there doesn't seem to be a need for more new units. Among the existing ones, you can place others of the same type with different characteristics.

There are only 3 aspects that I would add to the game: logistics, engineering and paratroopers (not airmobiles that already exist).

Logistics: a unit could be created with very little combat value, which would serve to accompany the maneuver units and whose life depended on its existence. no one moves between countries without logistical support.
      Engineering: how to launch anti-personnel and anti-tank minefields could be studied. In a limited way and that only caused friction in the movement and few casualties.

Paratroopers: can be dropped with ranges similar to ASF. THIS, I THINK, CAN BE AN INFANTRY ELITE UNIT.

I don't agree with the introduction of supersonic weapons, more missiles or even railguns. This starts to get into the fiction that other games get into, mischaracterizing the game. I like the Flashpoint, Overkill and WWWIII versions. I don't play zombies.
      Sorry, this is my humble opinion.
      What about something in the realm of cyber warfare, ie false IDs, hacking enemy units, radar jamming, etc?
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Elite AWAC :)

Ry wrote:

• It will basically be normal awacs, except at T2-T3 it will be able to detend low ground radar contacts. Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to make it carrier based at T2, seeing as nawacs... yeah. Potentially a semi-long range missile used for air to air combat as currently you cannot launch missiles at air targets. Problem is I haven't found a missile which can be used as an euro doctrine varient as Russia (R-37 and KS-172) and þe US (Aim-97 Seekbat and Aim-54 Phoenix) each has two, but I can't find one for EU. :(Also note Russian ones are more modern and have longer ranges so it would be sensible for Eastern doctrine to have better ones.

"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day." - The Joker
    • Next Season Unit by DoD

MUTANT CAMELS!

But seriously, tho I would prefer a Giant Robots Special Event where you fight giant Kaiju Monsters (Germanizilla, Yak Kong, Oplulodon)I note you say "no sci-fi" :( ... so while this idea isn't sci fi or exactly cutting edge high tech, it is based off of existing CoN world units and should be easy to copy/tweak code ...

Ladies and gentlemen, children of all ages, well all ages in compliance with the TOS, ... I intoduce to you,

The NPCBA!

The Naval Patrol Carrier Based Aircraft.

Simply: Like the AWACS has a smaller carrier based version, this is now the smaller carrier based version of the NPA. Less range, smaller radar radius, slightly lower hp, and smidge less damage. As an added bonus, it would increase carrier usage.

I could detail further if this sounds interesting to anyone other than myself.

P.S. You don't know what you are missing if you don't play WWZ, by far the best map ever.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Gen ROMTOR wrote:

Already exist. In aircraft carrier you can put Naval SAAC.
      "Naval SAAC"????

Is this some artifact of Google Translate from your native language??
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Hey guys, after a very long break im back:) I think an elite defense unit would be a great addition to the game. Allowing your homeland to be well defended while you are out conquering. Kinda like elite national guard(like everyone wants)
      "The greatest battles are never won by men but with words"-Me

"Free flies and no work"-ME

"Duty is heavier than a mountain death as light as a feather" Lan from the Wheel of Time

• National guard are cheap and really quick to mobilize. They get 50% defense bonus when in a city. Making it perfect for fending off attacks. An elite national guard could add an extra 25% defense bonus in addition to the current 50% defense bonus when in a city to the whole stack it is in regardless of what units are in the stack.

This unit could be a game changer if you get attacked at your homeland. Most elite units have been really useful on the attack so i would like to see one that changes the playing platform with defense strategy.

Screen Shot 2023-06-19 at 2.59.17 PM.png

"Duty is heavier than a mountain death as light as a feather" Lan from the Wheel of Time

• Well this is a thread for elite units and i will keep talking about elite units. My proposal(and many others) being elite national gaurd lol:) You can have your own mrls to defend your city, then your oponent would have no choice but to attack with tanks and infantry. Then you have to upper hand.