Pinned We seek YOUR Military knowledge and wisdom for Season 11 new unit!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• KFGauss wrote:

killernaphy wrote:

It's already been said already ,but I haven't seen an in depth explanation on what they can and/or will do. I am choosing hypersonic missiles.
      . . .
      I realize that anything with the adjective "Hypersonic" attached to it becomes a very shiny object, but . . .
      Did you notice that the game already include one type of hypersonic missile? ICBMs are hypersonic missiles.

Here's a paragraph from one more-or-less randomly chosen article about the collection of techs that get lumped together under the term "hypersonic missile". I like it because it confirms my prejudices.

Notice that the article tells us that injecting "hypersonic" wonder weapons into CoN would be a bit premature.

"First, while hypersonic weapons may be technically feasible, their military utility especially at strategic ranges remains unclear. From the military perspective, the question of what problem new hypersonic weapon systems are trying to solve remains unanswered. Hypersonic missiles have been around for several decades, they are just better known as intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs). Technically, all ballistic missiles with a range longer than a few hundred kilometers are hypersonic since they can fly faster than Mach 5. For instance, the US Minuteman III, operational since 1970, can travel over 9,600 kilometers reaching Mach 23. Studies based on computational modeling have shown that the speed and range of hypersonic gliders are comparable, if not inferior, to existing ICBMs and submarine-launched ballistic missiles."

Here's a link to the article - It does discuss both cruise and ballistic missiles/payloads that actively maneuver (or don't) during their travel and/or glide phases. https://ras-nsa.ca/new-hypersonic-weapons/

I think that the existing CoN missile and anti-missile units do a pretty good job of covering this part of CoN Strategy and Tactics right now. In this vein notice that the Ukrainians' Patriot batteries have been consistently shooting down Khinzals.

Maybe a CoN Elite Cruise Missile that is simply faster than the current ones (so that it spends lees time in CoN AA envelopes) might be a good "small steps first" choice?

I also believe the CON Elite cruise Missle you suggested would be a good first step. If I may add any one thing to it I would say to give it a low radar signature. Cruise missles don't follow the same ballistic trajectory as ballistic missles ,so it was always strange to me that they both have high radar signatures. Cruise missles are meant to hug the earth giving the enemy less time to react. A low radar signature would also make sense on the Elite cruise missle because when things travel at hyper sonic speed they generate a sheild of plasma around them that absorbs radio waves from radar. Even if cruise missle stay the same I believe giving the elite cruise missle(ECM) a low radar cross section would be necessary since I don't believe MAA and low level Sam's should be taking it down.
      Thanks for linking the article btw, it was very informative.

The post was edited 3 times, last by killernaphy ().

• Elite Private Military Company.

This is a bit like an insurgent unit in terms of its combat stats, and is recruitable in any player-controlled city that has a prison (doesn't have to be Homeland).
      The unit is very cheap to mobilize - just costs money, no resources - and can be used as cannon fodder to absorb artillery hits or whatever, thereby protecting you main units.

Catch is, if you lose too many of them, they have a chance to go rogue and turn into actual insurgents, which will group up and bee-line for your capital city.
    • Elite Deployable Chemical Weapons.

Basically a Swarm UAV that cannot be shot down, loss of 1 hp per hour to ANY units (except units that have NBC Protection) under its umbrella, “patrols” for one day before crashing.

Would be useful in creating a “smokescreen” that, with enough overlap, could delay an enemy, cause the battle front to change, etc.
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Dear CoNmanders,

We read through all your suggestions and have taken them into consideration. We would like to thank you for your input in shaping our game. Together we can create an incredible CoN future!

Even though the Forum will cease to exist, you will still be able to provide your ideas on the future topics on different platforms, so do not worry about your voice not being heard. We will do our best to engage more with the community in the future as well.

We wish you a nice day and a pleasant time playing CoN!
      DG Community Team
    • KFGauss wrote:

killernaphy wrote:

It's already been said already ,but I haven't seen an in depth explanation on what they can and/or will do. I am choosing hypersonic missiles.
      . . .
      I realize that anything with the adjective "Hypersonic" attached to it becomes a very shiny object, but . . .
      Did you notice that the game already include one type of hypersonic missile? ICBMs are hypersonic missiles.

Here's a paragraph from one more-or-less randomly chosen article about the collection of techs that get lumped together under the term "hypersonic missile". I like it because it confirms my prejudices.

Notice that the article tells us that injecting "hypersonic" wonder weapons into CoN would be a bit premature.

"First, while hypersonic weapons may be technically feasible, their military utility especially at strategic ranges remains unclear. From the military perspective, the question of what problem new hypersonic weapon systems are trying to solve remains unanswered. Hypersonic missiles have been around for several decades, they are just better known as intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs). Technically, all ballistic missiles with a range longer than a few hundred kilometers are hypersonic since they can fly faster than Mach 5. For instance, the US Minuteman III, operational since 1970, can travel over 9,600 kilometers reaching Mach 23. Studies based on computational modeling have shown that the speed and range of hypersonic gliders are comparable, if not inferior, to existing ICBMs and submarine-launched ballistic missiles."

Here's a link to the article - It does discuss both cruise and ballistic missiles/payloads that actively maneuver (or don't) during their travel and/or glide phases. https://ras-nsa.ca/new-hypersonic-weapons/

I think that the existing CoN missile and anti-missile units do a pretty good job of covering this part of CoN Strategy and Tactics right now. In this vein notice that the Ukrainians' Patriot batteries have been consistently shooting down Khinzals.

Maybe a CoN Elite Cruise Missile that is simply faster than the current ones (so that it spends lees time in CoN AA envelopes) might be a good "small steps first" choice?
      In terms of how hypersonic cruise missiles can be implemented in CON, there is not much to discuss about as that would only entail a significant increase in velocity. I have actually proposed this idea quite some time ago, but it was left unnoticed.

Although we could go in length about how different type of hypersonic weapons work, I dont see it relevant in the context of how this game works.
    • MeLarie wrote:

Dear CoNmanders,

We read through all your suggestions and have taken them into consideration. We would like to thank you for your input in shaping our game. Together we can create an incredible CoN future!

Even though the Forum will cease to exist, you will still be able to provide your ideas on the future topics on different platforms, so do not worry about your voice not being heard. We will do our best to engage more with the community in the future as well.

We wish you a nice day and a pleasant time playing CoN!
      DG Community Team
      Thank you!
    • Teburu wrote:

CmdrViper wrote:

Elite UAV that has increasing radar and sight/scout range
      lvl 1 - 100 radar range, 75 sight/scout ID range
      lvl 2 - 200 radar range, 150 sight/scout ID range
      lvl 3 - 300 radar range, 225 sight/scout ID range

would also be nice to have the ability to set patrol routes for UAVs... either with maxed current UAV or on the new Elite UAV
      Why would you need any radar range when your sight range already sufficiently covers that.

radar just says something is there... ground/air/naval contact. sight, or scout, range identifies "exact composition of army", as current UAV does. current UAV only has radar/scout range of 50. kinda lame, imo.
    • CmdrViper wrote:

Teburu wrote:

CmdrViper wrote:

would also be nice to have the ability to set patrol routes for UAVs... either with maxed current UAV or on the new Elite UAV
      Why would you need any radar range when your sight range already sufficiently covers that.
      radar just says something is there... ground/air/naval contact. sight, or scout, range identifies "exact composition of army", as current UAV does. current UAV only has radar/scout range of 50. kinda lame, imo.
      i know the difference; having high radar range is just straight up unnecessary and unbalanced if you already have an incredibly high sightrange
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

CmdrViper wrote:

Teburu wrote:

CmdrViper wrote:

i know the difference; having high radar range is just straight up unnecessary and unbalanced if you already have an incredibly high sightrange
      I agree with that
      1. it would be a good addition because paratroopers can do what air assault can but with greater effectiveness
      2. They can be regular unit not special forces so they can capture land like air assault and should be able to seize airfields without destroying them
      3. It would add another dimension, and can still be used as units like 82nd and173rd show

The post was edited 1 time, last by colonel ace ().

• or supply trucks which can supply troops if connected with a city with 15 hp, they could affect effectiveness of troops and if the unit that supply trucks surrounded by enemy provinces can't provide food and stuff but are air transpotable so building a airbase would allow for this and can be transported by sea, this would make the game more realistic
    • colonel ace wrote:

what about paratroopers which are faster and have more range of deployment than air assault
      Way better idea than that horror show idea of bogging the game down with logistics.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Teburu wrote:

CmdrViper wrote:

Teburu wrote:

CmdrViper wrote:

friend, its not about being necessary, rather, about being useful. its similar to mobile radar, but airborne. with extended radar you have an indication that something else is out there and if you wanna know what, you can go in that direction for a scout look at it. as for unbalanced, i suppose you could go with a scout range at 50% of radar range, but it is posited as an elite unit so its going to have numbers that are not like a "balanced" standard unit. some might say the elite bomber is unbalanced cause it has BM... but its an elite unit sooooooo