Pinned We seek YOUR Military knowledge and wisdom for Season 11 new unit!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Radar Decoy: 1 HP decoy units that are significantly cheaper and faster than national guard to build and maintain. Allowing for the defense of troop movements and coastal arty/radar/Sam sites by mixing in decoys. I believe these would be especially useful in 1x AvA style matches.

-

Stealth Snipers: Basically ranged Special Forces without the air assault and amphibious capabilities. Would lose stealth ability when the unit engages in combat (including at range). Range could be dependent on terrain. Mountains would give 100, open areas 75, forest 25 etc.
    • Something that should also be available in the game is :

the option to make a air unit patrol around a specific unit ( it would follow it)

for exemple : you send a drone, you see a ground unit and you want to know where It goes. The thing is, you have a life and you can’t check every 2 seconds where goes the units and move the drone to make it follow the unit

so what about a « follow/tail » option ?

Other exemple : you send a bunch of Bomber to strike a position. You want to protect them with Air superiority fighters but you don’t want to make 1 big stack of 10 planes and you don’t want your air superiority fighters to strike the ground.
      what about being able to make superiority fighters to follow specific units to protect them

same with ground units,…

what do you guys think ?
    • Belgian General wrote:

Something that should also be available in the game is :

the option to make a air unit patrol around a specific unit ( it would follow it)

for exemple : you send a drone, you see a ground unit and you want to know where It goes. The thing is, you have a life and you can’t check every 2 seconds where goes the units and move the drone to make it follow the unit

so what about a « follow/tail » option ?

Other exemple : you send a bunch of Bomber to strike a position. You want to protect them with Air superiority fighters but you don’t want to make 1 big stack of 10 planes and you don’t want your air superiority fighters to strike the ground.
      what about being able to make superiority fighters to follow specific units to protect them

same with ground units,…

what do you guys think ?

i think it’s a great idea, I would also expand it to maybe allowing ships and radar to have patrol paths set. For example a radar unit and a stack of cruisers could patrol a coast together. Back and forth on a set path.
    • I would personally love to see the AC-130J Ghostrider gunship in the game. It would be a real game-changer in any match so it would be the perfect limited unit. It would provide fire cover for extended periods of time without having to head back to base or refuel. Another aircraft that I would absolutely love to see in the game is the KC-135 Stratotanker or the KC-46 Pegasus. Both are great refueling aircraft and could add more in air time for patroling air units.
      "America without her soldiers is like God without his angels."
      "A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
      "In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons."

• BlackStarMedia wrote:

I would personally love to see the AC-130J Ghostrider gunship in the game. It would be a real game-changer in any match so it would be the perfect limited unit. It would provide fire cover for extended periods of time without having to head back to base or refuel. Another aircraft that I would absolutely love to see in the game is the KC-135 Stratotanker or the KC-46 Pegasus. Both are great refueling aircraft and could add more in air time for patroling air units.

the ac130 would be super OP, a strike fighter that doesn’t have to refuel after one attack. The kc135 would be cool, throw one into a stack and double it’s time in air.
    • A new building: some kind of recruitment office to build in conquered cities that unlocks the ability to deploy mercenaries, they would be as strong as NG or insurgents.
      Landmines to build or deploy that would slowdown but also deal a very small damage.
      A new feature for compat outposts: a sight range into the enemy territory when built near the border to check if his army is coming.
    • MattBooth25 wrote:

BlackStarMedia wrote:

I would personally love to see the AC-130J Ghostrider gunship in the game. It would be a real game-changer in any match so it would be the perfect limited unit. It would provide fire cover for extended periods of time without having to head back to base or refuel. Another aircraft that I would absolutely love to see in the game is the KC-135 Stratotanker or the KC-46 Pegasus. Both are great refueling aircraft and could add more in air time for patroling air units.

the ac130 would be super OP, a strike fighter that doesn’t have to refuel after one attack. The kc135 would be cool, throw one into a stack and double it’s time in air.
      I would like this. A flying artillery, with a short range attack, but ranged, anyway.
    • Good evening ladies and gentlemen,
      From the point of view of a military instructor :]

This game already offers 20 differents aircrafts, with very differents ranges and mobilities, going to 5000.
      A large variety of Infanteries, of armoured vehicles, of artilleries, and battleships.
      But all this is oriented to offensive combat.

What this game does not have, and what is still very important in modern warfare, is an Elite Sappers Combat-Engineers Regiment.
      Their engineering capacities, particulary in 'terraforming' the battlefield, give to their 'Brigade' some huge defensive bonuses, but absolutly no offensives bonuses. Their specialities are :

-Building forward base -> (this can be already done in-game)
      -Deploying barbed wire -> slowing infantery progression
      -Deploying Hedgehog -> blocking vehicles progression
      -Destroying roads/bridge -> blocking vehicles progression
      -Deploying Antipersonnal landmines - reducing infantery morale
      -Deploying AntiTanks landmines -> destroying highvalued vehicles
      -AND Digging entrenchments :
      From offensive point of view, entrenchments are forcing ennemy Infantery, Vehicles, or Helicopters to come very close, or to dangerously take altitude to gain sight/range on their hidden targets, highly reducing their fire capacities, and exposing them.
      From defensive point of view, entrenchments offer a very high protection from horizontal fire, but absolutly no firing capacities bonus against ennemies.

So, in game, these Sappers units could have such stats :
      T1/T2/T3 :
      20/30/40 HP / Low radar sign / Can conquer / Airbridge / Position : Rear
      Att : 1/1.5/2(inf) - 1/1.5/2(vhl)
      Def : 2/3/4(inf) - 4/6/8(vhl) - 0/0/0(wing) - 2/3/4(rot)
      Movespeed : 1/1.3/1.5

Production cost :
      Supplies : 1000/1250/1500
      Manpower : 800/1000/1200
      Electronics : 750/1000/1250
      Money : 3000/4000/5000

Daily maintain cost : (Yes, Sappers units are expensive in daily maintain cost, due to their military resources consumation)
      Supplies : 80/120/160
      Manpower : 50/75/100
      Fuel : 150/175/200
      Money : 300/400/500

And Bonuses :

Mobilization limit : 5/7/10 units max
      Special bonuses in defense : 5/7/9% dmg taken reduction (cumulable)
      Special bonuses in movement : 10/15/20% Reduction of the allies units movespeed malus due to terrain (cumulable)
      Special bonuses in defense : +50/+75/+100% Malus movespeed to ennemies units in the area they defend. (non cumulable)

OR More units with less bonuses :

Mobilization limit : 10/15/20 units max
      Special bonuses in defense : 3/4/5% dmg taken reduction (cumulable)
      Special bonuses in movement : 5/7/10% movespeed malus reduction (cumulable)
      Special bonuses in defense : +50/+75/+100% Malus movespeed to ennemies units in the area they defend. (non cumulable)

I hope I may have helped you,
      Thx for maintaining this game,
      R.
    • I realize that Barbed wires, Hedgehogs, Roads/Bridges destruction, and Landmines are usually slowing the progression of an ennemy army in an area for more than 50 to 100%.

In reality, it would be more around 300/400/500%, and it would be tactically interesting to have to possibility to slow down the speed progression of the ennemies forces x3, x4 or x5 in some specific defensive area, like cities, landing area, or mountains passes, to optimize the artillery defense in these points.

Indeed, when we actually attack a region, the time between the moment where the army in defense gain 'sight' on the attacking army and the moment where this army reach the center, is usually between 30 and 60min, letting the time to artillery in defense to fire just one time...

If sappers defensive presence in a region can slow down the ennemy progression by 300%, then, the ennemy army will need 120 to 150min to reach the center, and the artillery in defense will have time to fire 2 or 3 times, doing his artillery job in a more realistic way.