Announcement PATCH NOTES - 2306.20

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Teburu wrote:

DeciNation wrote:

I'd like to make a suggestion.
      Remove the feature where planes and helicopters ferry to the closest "friendly" air base or strip.
      The problem is that it inadvertently leads to wars that you are not ready for.
      For instance, the last map I played I got invaded.
      He began with ground units but had invested primarily in air combat.
      After I defeating his ground forces he began striking with jets over and over. I eventually got the bombers built and destroyed his air bases and strips, but his stuff automatically moved to his allies and he continued.
      The only way to stop it was to attack his allies air bases. This resulted in more wars with people who had not gotten involved, but it was the only way I could stop the attacks.
      We managed to win in the top 3 places but it was a bit annoying having to wipe an entire team because of one pwrson.
      You could always just kill the actual aircraft lmao
      not if you don't have the stuff to make something to fight it. Consider they invested in air superiority but you invested in bombers.
      It takes time and resources and sometimes you have to do things as a response to the current fights. I needed to take out an enemy as fast as possible so i went with bombers. The next enemy attacked as i finished that one and i didn't have resources or time to make fighter planes to face off against an enemy with multiple. So i hit his air base and destroyed it, only for him to be automatically redirected to his ally, from which he continued to hit.
      It left my only option being to destroy their air bases as well.
      Point being, if they want to redirect then they can, but the auto ferry thing forces people to attack someone that isn't involved and could be a potential ally later.
    • MeLarie wrote:

+++++UPDATE+++++

• Planes now revert back to transport trucks upon losing their airport

• Planes in the air will retain their current mechanic and look for the closest airport in ferry range or crash if no airports are in range
        • Planes on aircraft carrier will also look for closest airport in ferry range or crash if their aircraft carrier is destroyed
        • Planes which are landed in airports, which are then destroyed, become grounded.
          • Units with the grounded status will have near 0 move speed, being practically immobile
          • Grounded units will still appear as normal planes but will have a ‘Grounded Aircraft' icon next to their model/stack
          • Grounded units retain Command buttons but all are grayed out and disabled. On click a tooltip shows up informing the player that no commands can be given to a grounded aircraft until it’s airfield has been rebuilt.

I remember a game a long time ago when my grounded plane became a truck then it went though port as a transport back to another airport.

If transports were real units (instead of just appearing) then we could build different ones, I'm imagining bigger ones and transport helo and trains for Russia.

MeLarie wrote:

• Insurgents are being rebalanced
        • Renamed to Rioters
        • Rioters have weaker stats and should be generally easier to handle

i was kinda excited to use the strong Insurgents as a tactic, i guess i kinda did in my last game.
    • I have found a really great and funny glitch where if you split a unit stack that has a kill count and then put it back together the kill count increases making some stack look like they have killed hundreds of units. Sometimes i like to see how many my stack has really killed so that i can tell if ive completely killed a stack or not so please take this into account when your dealing with glitches. Should be an easy fix.Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 7.22.02 PM.png
      "The greatest battles are never won by men but with words"-Me

"Free flies and no work"-ME

"Duty is heavier than a mountain death as light as a feather" Lan from the Wheel of Time

• TheShinwacker wrote:

I have found a really great and funny glitch where if you split a unit stack that has a kill count and then put it back together the kill count increases making some stack look like they have killed hundreds of units. Sometimes i like to see how many my stack has really killed so that i can tell if ive completely killed a stack or not so please take this into account when your dealing with glitches. Should be an easy fix.Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 7.22.02 PM.png
      I’m going to do that. Thanks!
    • Hey as a suggestion, i feel the need for supply lines as it would had much more depth to the game. For example you can be surrounded and cut off meaning you would not have food, fuel and other resources and could affect the effectiveness of the troops. and if cutoff you could build a airbase to supply troops and while conducting a amphibious invasion you could be supplied by the sea if the enemy navy does not cut off the supply line. You could had supply units to the game with 15 hp it would make the game much more intense in my opinion
    • TheShinwacker wrote:

I have found a really great and funny glitch where if you split a unit stack that has a kill count and then put it back together the kill count increases making some stack look like they have killed hundreds of units. Sometimes i like to see how many my stack has really killed so that i can tell if ive completely killed a stack or not so please take this into account when your dealing with glitches. Should be an easy fix.Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 7.22.02 PM.png
      For me, it’s worked with helos and SF, but not land units. Haven’t tried this with naval units yet.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup: