Announcement PATCH NOTES - 2306.20

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• PATCH NOTES - 2306.20

+++++UPDATE+++++

Exciting changes have arrived! The highlight is the Rising Sun, a new 4x event map guaranteed to challenge your strategies.

We’ve redefined aircraft dynamics; plane behaviour has been modified. Airborne planes, or those on an aircraft carrier at the time of destruction, search for the nearest airport or crash if none are within range. Planes stationed at airports that are destroyed become ‘grounded’, featuring almost no mobility but maintaining their visual identity. Command buttons on grounded units are disabled until their airfield is rebuilt, as explained by onclick tooltips.

We’ve also rebalanced the renamed ‘Rioters’ (formerly ‘Insurgents’), presenting weaker stats for easier management. Engage with these enhancements and redefine your path to victory.

Changes:
      • New 4x event map: Rising Sun introduced!
      • Plane behaviour modifications:
        • Airborne planes seek closest airport or crash if none in range
        • Planes on carriers find nearest airport or crash if carrier destroyed
        • Planes in destroyed airports become grounded
          • Grounded units nearly immobile with 0 move speed
          • Grounded planes feature ‘Grounded Aircraft’ icon
          • Commands for grounded units disabled until airfield rebuilt
      • Insurgents rebalanced
        • Renamed to Rioters
        • Rioters are less powerful, easier to manage

Fixes:
      • Fixed planes and airlift units splitting on relocation.
      • Fixed constant morale decrease display [Mobile].
      • Enhanced unit range circle visibility [Mobile].
      • Fixed overlapping aircraft ferry ranges [Mobile].
      • Fixed fire control and unit command overlay [Mobile].
      • Corrected rendering of attack arrows [Mobile].
      • Resolved overlapping game windows [Mobile].

The post was edited 2 times, last by MeLarie ().

• I'd like to make a suggestion.
      Remove the feature where planes and helicopters ferry to the closest "friendly" air base or strip.
      The problem is that it inadvertently leads to wars that you are not ready for.
      For instance, the last map I played I got invaded.
      He began with ground units but had invested primarily in air combat.
      After I defeating his ground forces he began striking with jets over and over. I eventually got the bombers built and destroyed his air bases and strips, but his stuff automatically moved to his allies and he continued.
      The only way to stop it was to attack his allies air bases. This resulted in more wars with people who had not gotten involved, but it was the only way I could stop the attacks.
      We managed to win in the top 3 places but it was a bit annoying having to wipe an entire team because of one pwrson.
    • DeciNation wrote:

I'd like to make a suggestion.
      Remove the feature where planes and helicopters ferry to the closest "friendly" air base or strip.
      The problem is that it inadvertently leads to wars that you are not ready for.
      For instance, the last map I played I got invaded.
      He began with ground units but had invested primarily in air combat.
      After I defeating his ground forces he began striking with jets over and over. I eventually got the bombers built and destroyed his air bases and strips, but his stuff automatically moved to his allies and he continued.
      The only way to stop it was to attack his allies air bases. This resulted in more wars with people who had not gotten involved, but it was the only way I could stop the attacks.
      We managed to win in the top 3 places but it was a bit annoying having to wipe an entire team because of one pwrson.
      You could always just kill the actual aircraft lmao
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • MeLarie wrote:

+++++UPDATE+++++

Attention CoNmanders! Prepare for Operation Rising Sun - a new tactical theater in the latest release of Conflict of Nations! Harness the legacy of the 'Sengoku' map, now reborn as the event battleground 'Rising Sun'. This warzone is primed with Apocalypse settings, featuring 10 strategic Victory Sites awaiting your command. Your mission? Secure them before the enemy does.
      The landscape of air warfare is shifting. Your aircraft, when stripped of their airports while landed, shall appear as grounded. This means they will have near-zero move speed, begging you to restore your airbase to its former glory. These makeshift transporters retain command buttons, but all commands are disabled until their airfield is rebuilt - a visual tooltip will keep you informed.
      In-flight or carrier-housed aircraft losing their bases will hunt for the nearest airport within ferry range, or else meet a grizzly crash landing. Strategic depth like never before awaits, CoNmanders - control both the sky and ground to ensure victory!

Finally, we are also rebalancing those Insurgents that have given many a CoNmander a hard time! Apart from being renamed to Rioters, with an accompanying new graphic, they should now prove much easier to deal with!

Changes:
      • Introducing a new map: Rising Sun, a special 4x event map!
      • Planes now revert back to transport trucks upon losing their airport
        • Planes in the air will retain their current mechanic and look for the closest airport in ferry range or crash if no airports are in range
        • Planes on aircraft carrier will also look for closest airport in ferry range or crash if their aircraft carrier is destroyed
        • Planes which are landed in airports, which are then destroyed, become grounded.
          • Units with the grounded status will have near 0 move speed, being practically immobile
          • Grounded units will still appear as normal planes but will have a ‘Grounded Aircraft' icon next to their model/stack
          • Grounded units retain Command buttons but all are grayed out and disabled. On click a tooltip shows up informing the player that no commands can be given to a grounded aircraft until it’s airfield has been rebuilt.
      • Insurgents are being rebalanced
        • Renamed to Rioters
        • Rioters have weaker stats and should be generally easier to handle
      Fixes:
      • Fixed an issue where planes and airlifted units split into different stacks when relocating to a new airport
      • Fixed morale displaying as always decreasing in the province bar [Mobile]
      • Made the range circle for units appear more prominently [Mobile]
      • Fixed aircraft ferry ranges overlapping with each other, causing significant confusion [Mobile]
      • Fixed an issue where fire control overlayed with unit commands [Mobile]
      • Fixed incorrectly rendered attack arrows during gameplay [Mobile]
      • Fixed instances of overlapping game windows during gameplay [Mobile]

when will the rising sun map be available
    • Im On Smoko wrote:

MeLarie wrote:

Changes:
      • Introducing a new map: Rising Sun, a special 4x event map!

Can we get an approximate timeframe when these games will spawn? There are times when I am away from my computer and I am keen on trying this new map.
      Thank you,
      -Smoko
      Im waiting for the new map as well
      "The greatest battles are never won by men but with words"-Me

"Free flies and no work"-ME

"Duty is heavier than a mountain death as light as a feather" Lan from the Wheel of Time