Best value in terms of requirements & research needed for elite units: Elite AIP Submarine?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Best value in terms of requirements & research needed for elite units: Elite AIP Submarine?

I have been comparing elite units.

The elite AIP submarine has some of the lowest amount of requirements to produce and use it.

• You need to research attack subs as a requirement. Which is not mentioned as far as I can tell.
      • A lvl 2 naval base
      • a secret weapons lab
      • an arms industry

Now to level it up to the next rank you need to build a lvl 3 naval base.

That's it?

Compared to other Elite units the AIP seems to me very cost effective, unlike the the elite attack helicopter for example.

Furthermore,

Can a ballistic missile submarine be used vs an attack sub for unlocking the AIP sub? I do not use them so I do not know.

In the research lines, the game does not mention if further research of the next rank attack sub is required to build the higher ranked AIP sub, like the elite attack helicopter. Is further research required of the regular attack sub of their next rank required?

It seems to me the devs sometimes miss providing this detailed information in the research lines of what is needed to produce elite units. I have searched extensively. Am I looking in the wrong areas to find this information?

Edit: clarification & clean up.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Im On Smoko ().

• Im On Smoko wrote:

Can a ballistic missile submarine be used vs an attack sub for unlocking the AIP sub? I do not use them so I do not know.
      You do not need to actively use BM subs to know this, all you need is to read the prerequisites listed in the research tab. (Yes, BM subs can be used to unlock AIP research.)
      "All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day." - The Joker
    • Im On Smoko wrote:

You need to research attack subs as a requirement. Which is not mentioned as far as I can tell.
      No, it isn't mentioned, I'm pretty sure this is a somewhat recent unannounced change. Previously not required.

Im On Smoko wrote:

Yes.

Im On Smoko wrote:

In the research lines, the game does not mention if further research of the next rank attack sub is required to build the higher ranked AIP sub, like the elite attack helicopter. Is further research required of the regular attack sub of their next rank required?
      No, surprisingly, only lvl 1 BM Sub, OR lvl 1 Attack Sub is required for the whole AIP line
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Im On Smoko wrote:

You need to research attack subs as a requirement. Which is not mentioned as far as I can tell.
      No, it isn't mentioned, I'm pretty sure this is a somewhat recent unannounced change. Previously not required. ...

Im On Smoko wrote:

In the research lines, the game does not mention if further research of the next rank attack sub is required to build the higher ranked AIP sub, ... Is further research required of the regular attack sub of their next rank required?
      No, surprisingly, only lvl 1 BM Sub, OR lvl 1 Attack Sub is required for the whole AIP line
      hmm,
      Where are you looking?

Under Research if you click unit (before details on mobile) then it does show "missing requirements" (pre-req research at the top) now I'm not sure if you're in a game where you have already completed the requirement if these may not be displayed.

In the City you can click unit "details" will show building and research requirements, as a checklist.

Im On Smoko wrote:

It seems to me the devs sometimes miss providing this detailed information in the research lines of what is needed to produce elite units. I have searched extensively. Am I looking in the wrong areas to find this information?

if you start a new game try to screenshot the Missing Requirements under Research, then check if they disappear after you research a sub.

I don't know if the "best value" in the title /subject line is a comment or part of the question.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Hakville ().

• Hakville wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Im On Smoko wrote:

No, it isn't mentioned, I'm pretty sure this is a somewhat recent unannounced change. Previously not required. ...

Im On Smoko wrote:

In the research lines, the game does not mention if further research of the next rank attack sub is required to build the higher ranked AIP sub, ... Is further research required of the regular attack sub of their next rank required?
      hmm,Where are you looking?

Under Research if you click unit (before details on mobile) then it does show "missing requirements" (pre-req research at the top) now I'm not sure if you're in a game where you have already completed the requirement if these may not be displayed.

In the City you can click unit "details" will show building and research requirements, as a checklist.

Im On Smoko wrote:

if you start a new game try to screenshot the Missing Requirements under Research, then check if they disappear after you research a sub.
      I don't know if the "best value" in the title /subject line is a comment or part of the question.
      Yes, I found the info.

"I don't know if the "best value" in the title /subject line is a comment or part of the question."

It is an open ended statement to spark conversation / thinking.
    • Hakville wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Im On Smoko wrote:

Im On Smoko wrote:

hmm,Where are you looking?

Im On Smoko wrote:

Dagnabit. I can see by your response, and by re-reading my reply you responded to, I was unclear. I assumed the reader of my reply was looking at the situation as I was - my mistake.

What I meant by "No, it isn't mentioned, I'm pretty sure this is a somewhat recent unannounced change. Previously not required." was I didn't see it mentioned anywhere such as in an Update or Patch Notes. Clearly the requirement is now there as evidenced by my reply to the second question, where it seems you do NOT have to keep updating a BM or attack sub line in order to get tier 2 and 3 AIP sub, lvl 1 of BM or attack is sufficient for both.

PS @Hakville please refrain from posting profane pictures (mobile graphics) at me. :)
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD