0.5x Speed Games

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 0.5x Speed Games

I suggest that the Flashpoint and WW3 maps should be made available in a new 0.5x speed game mode. There are lots of players who are busy in real life and can’t log in five times a day. This would help get more people to play Conflict of Nations without them feeling like they will lose if they don’t check in every couple of hours. In other words, it would give players more flexibility regarding when and how often they need to log in to their games.
    • Toooooop wrote:

Not everyone is reaching triple digit age like DoD 1x is already painfully slow-dragging which is why 99% of their player counts drop to 1-3 in just 5 days.
      This is clearly the kind of thinking brought on by brain tumors. Clearly, healthy well adjusted brains not riddled with ADHD have the patience for real strategy, and appreciate a day and 8 hours not passing by in game while getting a good night's sleep.
      :)
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • KFGauss wrote:

I'd prefer to (sort-of) accomplish a similar thing by playing a game that only accepted orders during 1/3 of each real-life day (all players would be shut out (no orders) during the same 2/3rds of each day).
      That ^ idea has been discussed before.
      I remember that being discussed a few months ago. Another idea would be to make it so players can only play with people from their time zone, although this would probably take up lots of server space.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

I'd prefer to (sort-of) accomplish a similar thing by playing a game that only accepted orders during 1/3 of each real-life day (all players would be shut out (no orders) during the same 2/3rds of each day).
      That ^ idea has been discussed before.
      I remember that being discussed a few months ago. Another idea would be to make it so players can only play with people from their time zone, although this would probably take up lots of server space.
      I like that idea
    • Kaiservar wrote:

Unplayable? I think that a faster game than that is more near to games in real time like C&C or Empire Earth, but a bit longer to complete in one day. Obviously, You need to be dedicated to it whole day.

I think it could open space for players of these kind of games.
      Except that these games are designed and balanced completely around their speed.

CONs entire mechanics on the other hand are all designed around 1x. If you want faster than 4x you’d need to complete rewrite how the game works if you want a decent experience.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

Kaiservar wrote:

Unplayable? I think that a faster game than that is more near to games in real time like C&C or Empire Earth, but a bit longer to complete in one day. Obviously, You need to be dedicated to it whole day.

Except that these games are designed and balanced completely around their speed.
      CONs entire mechanics on the other hand are all designed around 1x. If you want faster than 4x you’d need to complete rewrite how the game works if you want a decent experience.
      i don't see it that hard, because they managed to do 4X with the same mechanics than 1x. Of course, i don't know the inner part of CoN program, but thinking in a logic way: if they could accelerate the game in 4X, could do for faster behavior.

I don't believe Devs created a more dedicated mechanic for 4X games.
    • Kaiservar wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Kaiservar wrote:

Except that these games are designed and balanced completely around their speed.CONs entire mechanics on the other hand are all designed around 1x. If you want faster than 4x you’d need to complete rewrite how the game works if you want a decent experience.
      i don't see it that hard, because they managed to do 4X with the same mechanics than 1x. Of course, i don't know the inner part of CoN program, but thinking in a logic way: if they could accelerate the game in 4X, could do for faster behavior.
      I don't believe Devs created a more dedicated mechanic for 4X games.
      In 4x cities produce less resources than in 1x
    • Mother Hen wrote:

Kaiservar wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Kaiservar wrote:

Except that these games are designed and balanced completely around their speed.CONs entire mechanics on the other hand are all designed around 1x. If you want faster than 4x you’d need to complete rewrite how the game works if you want a decent experience.
      i don't see it that hard, because they managed to do 4X with the same mechanics than 1x. Of course, i don't know the inner part of CoN program, but thinking in a logic way: if they could accelerate the game in 4X, could do for faster behavior.I don't believe Devs created a more dedicated mechanic for 4X games.
      In 4x cities produce less resources than in 1x
      As a programmer, i can say you that these matters are solved with a simple constant product that increase or decrease the variable. For example, the speed for 4X is (logical) solved dividing the time in 4, while the "cosmetic time" (that you see in the game as string) is multiplied by 4; that's all. The movement, the reactions... all is the same.

The real "problem" could be if this map hit the business or in the technical space, test the map.
    • Kaiservar wrote:

As a programmer, i can say you that these matters are solved with a simple constant product that increase or decrease the variable. For example, the speed for 4X is (logical) solved dividing the time in 4, while the "cosmetic time" (that you see in the game as string) is multiplied by 4; that's all. The movement, the reactions... all is the same.
      The real "problem" could be if this map hit the business or in the technical space, test the map.
      As someone who writes programs that have human-to-computer interfaces, interfaces tying them to other external systems, simulation calculations functions, and other functions, I can tell you that "speed" changes are rarely that simple.

Some parts of the changes would be simple. Other parts wouldn't be simple.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().

• Well if you have that knowledge, you know i'm not wrong. Of course, there is many ways to solve problems, to write programs. I don't know exactly how they write the code, but i think it is high probable that they makes, at least this matter, similar as i described. I speak from my humble experience with my strategy game project. I surely would do some like that to ease my life jajaja