Diplomacy Strategies- What are your thoughts?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Diplomacy Strategies- What are your thoughts?

Hi Forum!

I've been thinking about another aspect in CON- Diplomacy. I've noticed several different diplomacy strategies, please comment and add your own!

1. The Snake
      Self explanatory. Ask for RoW, fly troops in, go in for the kill while he's afk. Very dishonourable.

2. Non-Coalition Ally
      Ask solo players on the map, when there are 2-3 major coalitions left, to become allied with your coalition against XYZ coalition. Obviously try to find stronger players, basically attack together.

3. Divided We Fall
      Message different members in the same coalition, saying there's a "Rat" in the coalition. Tell them "intel" from spies, recon, or newspaper info and convince them someone in their team is a rat. Then "accidentally" tell them a team member, preferrably one thats near you, and "offer" to "help" them take the "traitor" down.

4. Blackmail Diplomacy.
      High Risk, High Reward. Works on noobs in big maps, mid-late game. Something on the lines of this: "Hi man, your team really wants war and made xyz provocation, i have <<insert scary unit for newbies like ICBM, BM sub, stealth bomber>> near your border, ready to strike. But you're new so i really dont want to wipe you off the map and im willing to negotiate. Then proceed to demand "reparations" for alleged provocations, ranging from:
      - Taking a city you "wanted" that's halfway across the world
      - Going into your "territorial waters"
      - If they send a spy, tell them the building they damaged cost "thousands of resources of every type" , they usually pay up quickly
      Key thing is this is a bluff, you don't usually have the "100 ICBMs" or "25 stealth bombers in his capital".

5. Madman Diplomacy
      Works when you ACTUALLY have the ICBM/missiles/bombers:

"Haha! I have missiles and am gonna make <<insert city>> go boom boom boom if you don't pay <<>>"
      If they don't pay, actually fire the missile. Then tell them they can still "negotiate a peace" if they pay "reparations"...

All of these have their risks and rewards. Feel free to add your own!
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • The Ewac wrote:

2. Non-Coalition Ally
      Ask solo players on the map, when there are 2-3 major coalitions left, to become allied with your coalition against XYZ coalition. Obviously try to find stronger players, basically attack together.
      I have done this. Either as the non coalition solo nation, where I was not a threat to the coalition who won but also where my coalition won, cooperating with a solo player. It was fun.
    • KFGauss wrote:

My in-game reply to pretty much everything in your first post would be something along the lines of "Shoo Google it".

I prefer to create & build rather than corrupting & despoiling.

I like myself better that way.
      FIFY
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD