Obsolete Helicopters?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• TheWildThing wrote:

Kaiservar wrote:

TheWildThing wrote:

My friend uses MAA in most if not all of his games while i use SAMs. It works to our playstyles... but in addition to that I have HARDLY, if at all, seen other players use helis (aside from myself occasionaly).
      I have seen two players using it but one or two, nothing serious. I think most people don't know how to use them.I have used MAA just against one of these players (was my second CoN game, FP) and it works against the chopper and it do some damage against a figther lv1. My MAA was lv1 too.

More than that, if you do the maths, MAA is very inefficient against any flying thing except in large quantities, as you pointed before.

Once a time i was thinking to build some MAA to protect my frontal infantry when i going off line. A lv4 MAA has a good thing: it reach 50, so, it could be a "cheaper" way to difficult things to an attacker.
      It might be just me but I really dont like MAA for whatever reason, could be the relatively short range or the fact it takes components... Im sure someone is reading this and saying "but what about the fact it doesnt use electronics" or "You can hold cities with it because it actually attacks ground units" or even "it has more HP which means better". And I can understand you POV... but it doesnt sit well with my playstyle. In terms of it being cheaper (and this could be BECAUSE I dont like them, idrk) I have used them and found I either had to build MAA OR whatever ground unit i was making.
      The MAA have some interesting things, but it requires too much to really do a difference. 4 lv4 units to shoot down a gunships is not really good
    • I would go as far as arguing that MAA is just as good if not slightly more useful than SAM in higher level gameplay. After all, no one is "stupid" enough to make SF and you just need enough anti-FW to scare away ASF. Meanwhile, helis are very prevalent (for various reasons that have been discussed for years), making MAA much more useful, especially with the new(ish) update where ASF refuels after a few hours.

However, for public games, SAMs are definitely better--how many games do you need to play to see someone good in a pub? lmao
      "All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day." - The Joker
    • rwt wrote:

I would go as far as arguing that MAA is just as good if not slightly more useful than SAM in higher level gameplay. After all, no one is "stupid" enough to make SF and you just need enough anti-FW to scare away ASF. Meanwhile, helis are very prevalent (for various reasons that have been discussed for years), making MAA much more useful, especially with the new(ish) update where ASF refuels after a few hours.

However, for public games, SAMs are definitely better--how many games do you need to play to see someone good in a pub? lmao
      I see one every time... me!! :thumbsup: