Announcement PATCH NOTES - 2307.12

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• PATCH NOTES - 2307.12

+++++UPDATE+++++

In this new release, we introduce several fixes and improvements. The aircraft range is now crisply displayed, eliminating pixelation. Previously missed graphics on Victory sites for Rising Sun are now added. For mobile users, the display of population growth accurately reflects the real rate, no longer indicating an accelerated pace. Also, we've fixed the names and icons of damaged buildings for improved clarity.

Fixes:
      • Aircraft range no longer pixelated
      • Added missed graphics on Victory sites for Rising Sun

• Population growth no longer shown as accelerated [Mobile]
      • Damaged buildings names and icons fixed [Mobile].
    • DeciNation wrote:

good lord the game is broken now. I got no button to stop moving and my units stopped rathwr than rerouting to another location. Can't split stacks and I'm in the middle of a war, stuck like a roach in a glue trap.
      EXACTLY. It's broken, for good. Finally someone who admits it.

They took away cold war map, rising tides 4x, zombies, battleground 4x, a bunch of other maps, etc. And the developers completely destroyed this game with their constant dumb updates. This game was great when I first started playing in August of 2022, I was spending about $1,000-2,500 a month on gold too, as I really liked the game and wanted to support the developers too.

Then, update after update, the game gradually got worse.

• The lines on the map that would show the direction or waypoints where troops, ships, units were heading to, disappeared after a major update several months ago. Sometimes if you click on a random unit in the game (totally random, could be a plane, infantry or rogue state) then suddenly all the lines and way points showing direction for all units in the game will suddenly appear but will disappear after you unselect the unit. This is rare though, 9 out of 10 times when you login, you won't see the lines. Sometimes you'll get lucky and login and be able to see them, but then they'll disappear a minute later. It makes it much more difficult to play not knowing where your allies and your own troops are going to. Especially when transport ships are moving across sea.

• The sound effects in the game are damaged and they said that they fixed it, but they never did. All units used to have different sound effects when they were in-combat or moving to a destination, and a different sound effect when stationary and awaiting orders. Ever since their last big update 2 months ago, the sound effects were broken, and all units would make the same sound they usually made when stationary & awaiting orders even when in-combat or moving, and it made no sense. Basically if a strike fighter or heavy bombers is attacking enemy units it will make the same sound it normally makes when it's grounded and stationary on an airfield, awaiting orders. Same with a ship, if a ship is attacking a city or another ship, it just makes the same sound it would normally make when docked and stationary & awaiting orders. It's so weird, and it makes absolutely no sense. I have a good feeling this will never be fixed, and the devs just figured "Eh, nobody will notice, who cares anyways its just sound, we're too lazy to fix up a few lines of code"

• They made it so that planes couldn't be damaged at airfields anymore and would just get up and fly to another airfield, then they recently changed it and made it back to where it gets stuck, but you can't move the plane on the ground with a transport truck like you used to be able to, why is this bad? Because you might be using an alliance member's airfield and let's say it gets damaged, bombed, or they're working with the enemies, and demolish the airfield deliberately, etc. Your planes are simply gone, you have to rely on your ally to rebuild the airfield, hope he's online, hope he has the resources to do it, or hope he's not collaborating with enemies or just a dumb inactive player. Whereas before, the planes would turn into a transport truck and could be moved via on-ground to your own territory where you could then construct a new airfield and use the planes again. This was more realistic and better. Now if you have planes in an alliance member's airfield, and it gets sabotaged or bombed, and he's inactive, you're screwed. Your planes are gone FOREVER.

• Also, aircraft will randomly be sent back to their airfield about 50-60% of the time when you are trying to ferry the aircraft to another airfield, or give it an attack or patrol order, and even with say 80% fuel, it'll just randomly go back to the original airfield for no reason. This never happened, ever, only until their major update months ago that damaged the visual lines/way points, is when this started occurring.

My point stands pretty firm, and logical: this game would be alot better if developers would stop touching it. I could go on and on with the many ways the developers have damaged the game and continue to make it worse and worse...

Just goes to show that the developers responsible for this game don't care about their support base, could give a crap less about the players. They used to have very adequate support that responded within a day or less. Now when you contact support, it takes a week (if you're lucky) to get a response, and 99% of the time they just ignore you.

I have stopped buying gold, as I don't really care to support the developers anymore as they don't care about the player.

This was a really really fun game last year, I used to play this 24/7 and lose sleep to this game, and it's still sorta fun (not really anymore) but it's gradually getting worse and worse. I really, really wish the developers would stop updating the game and leave it alone, every update they do just causes more glitches and more problems.

Oh, and they just did another update last night and now the graphics are worse, all units now look more pixelated and glossy, they look like plastic action figures now. The lines on maps showing unit direction/way points still aren't fixed, sound effects remained damaged and all units make the same stationary sound even in-combat or during movement, aircraft still glitch and will randomly go back to their original base when ferrying to another airfield or giving attack/patrol orders, even with adequate fuel, none of these issues ever get fixed, and obviously never will.

I will stop playing after I finish some of my current games, as I really don't have any interest in playing anymore. I will check-in every few months to see if the game improves and goes back to normal, if by miracle, the developers do fix the game and make it good like it used to be, I'll certainly play this game again and spend a few grand a month on gold again. But in the meantime, I see no use in buying gold and donating money to useless devs who are just essentially getting paid to damage to damage the game and troll the players with endless damaging updates.

If anybody was playing since last year around summer/fall, you probably know how much more fun the game was compared to the way it is now. Perhaps the technical team that was working on the game last year isn't the same one who is currently working on it now, maybe responsibility changed hands or Dorado got sold to some other entity/team. I'm not sure what to logically make of this drastic decline in game quality.

Don't be surprised if 6 months from now, the only map left is WW3 X1 speed, and all units are dysfunctional and the game becomes too glitchy to even play, at the current rate things are going at.

What baffles me even more is that they raised the prices for gold, it humors me that they expect more money from their player base yet they've done nothing to deserve it. With the amount of players who play this game, and have security council and spend gold regularly, it makes no sense how they don't have the funds to outsource IT support and developers, they could probably pay a few guys in India a few hundred bucks a month to maintain the game and fix the current glitches, and it would be in much better state than with the current staff.

One last thing: if you haven't played this game 1 year ago, you have no clue how good this game was, I feel bad for anyone who didn't play last year, it was so much more fun, and there was literally no glitches. Not a single glitch ever happened, I played from end of July all the way till beginning of this year and never seen a single glitch or problem. Only when they started touching the game, did it start getting worse.

Have a good day my friend.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ContinentalArmy ().

• Gnashrak wrote:

Can’t land navy troop transport anymore… can’t split troops… can’t contact support from app (I play mobile)… so far not great!
      And you will never get a response, don't bother. I've had severe glitches and tried contacting support, it's useless. There is no support anymore. There used to be support, you used to be able to contact them and they'd respond within hours or 1-2 days max. Now you'll be lucky to get a response within a week (3% of the time) most of the time you will just keep getting an automated response saying "Sorry, we weren't able to respond to your case. Do you want to keep your ticket open?"

As for the glitches you mentioned, don't even bother, if you have a problem landing navy troop transport or splitting troops, just work-around it, don't combine your troops if you plan on splitting them later, and don't use navy troop transport in the first place.

I promise you the problem will not be fixed. They still haven't fixed the broken sound effects or the broken lines on map/waypoints that show where units are moving towards, haven't fixed the aircraft glitch that returns to airfield for no reason when ferrying, attacking or patrolling, even with 80% fuel. These issues have been present for over 4 months, if not longer, and will never be fixed.

The developers have a current attitude of "Eh, nobody will notice" "Only a few players are complaining, who cares. If tens of thousands start complaining then we'll do something about it"

The developers only fix problems if their entire player base starts complaining, if it's just a few hundred or a couple thousand people, they aren't gonna do anything, they don't care.

They likely also check to see if a person is a security council member or a frequent gold-buyer, and if they aren't, it's not worth their time, they aren't gonna fix problems for people who don't bring them money in the first place.

Even I used to spend a few grand a month buying gold, and have security council, and whenever I complained, they would just lie to me and say "Yes we fixed it an hour ago, it's all good now" and then I'd check and the same problem would persist, I would message support back and they would just ignore me

So I wish you the best of luck with your problem, and I suggest to you to just find a work-around as it'll likely never be fixed, and nobody will ever hear you out. And contact support doesn't work anymore, it's useless. Unless you are using it to read the help articles or talk to the chat bot, other than that, it's pointless if you're trying to talk to an actual human staff.

As you can see in @MeLarie original post stating the issues that they fixed, they are extremely basic issues that any developer could fix in less than a few minutes. Anything complex that would take over 30mins you can bet they aren't gonna touch. The devs just want to rake in as much profit as possible from doing the least work possible.

What really baffles me, is with all the money they make from security council subscriptions and frequent gold-buyers, is that it would literally only cost them a few hundred bucks to outsource their IT support team and pay a few developers in India or China to do it for them, and they would probably do a way better job and fix all the glitches within a couple weeks.

It makes no sense as to why these guys haven't yet bothered to hire a small team of developers in India or China for a few hundred bucks a month to solve these issues and maintain the game for them, and they can sit back and never have to work a day in their lives again and collect all the revenue.
    • KFGauss wrote:

I feel like you're holding back, perhaps because you don't know of any other similar game that you prefer over CoN.
      If that's true, don't keep things bottled up inside you. Just let it all out and tell us how you really feel.
      You feel like I'm holding back, what?

No, I don't know of any other similar games that are like CoN, other than maybe perhaps hearts of iron, but I've only heard of it, and never actually played it.

I have yet to find a game that is exactly like CoN but better.

I am not keeping anything bottled up lol, I am simply stating the facts: everytime the developers touch this game, it ends up worse and has more glitches and damaged functions.

It's a very simple fact, and backed up logic. I am not making any of this stuff up lol. The sound in the game remains broken, lines on the maps still disappear and don't show up 80% of the time, aircraft still randomly go back to airfields for no reason, aircraft that get stuck on a damaged airfield in an alliance member's territory can cost you the game if they are inactive, or working with the enemies, don't know english, dont respond to messages, etc. And many other glitches and issues that were never present until the developers started doing major updates this year.
    • @ContinentalArmy I appreciate you have experienced issues and yesterday's issue after release was regrettable. I will be honest. It was the result of human error throughout and while we did immediately find the problem, the fix took time because other issues with our code branching cropped up which prevented us from releasing the actual fix. In fact, if you were following us on Discord, a fix was initially announced, only for us to immediately realise it only made things worse. That is the simplest explanation I can provide while avoiding to delve into the deep technical issues at play during yesterday's ordeal.

Outside of yesterday's issues, you have a lot to say and I appreciate that. I will try to address all your points as best I can although if I miss something, please let me know.

• Unit movement lines: This was fixed but yes there are cases where the lines don't appear. As you said this is rare and indeed our QA team has had issues being able to reproduce it. Unless we know the exact situations in which it happens, we won't risk a fix.
      • The sound effects are being investigated. While it might seem simple from an outsider's perspective, these kind of issues are much more complex.
      • Regarding the recent grounded plane change, we felt this was the most realistic way we could portray it following community feedback. The original change removing the transport truck was met with a lot of negative criticism and we felt that the recent change is the best go-between to address the issues we wanted to fix in our code, while keeping a fair and realistic approach to air behaviour in the game.
      • We never received reports about the refuelling issue you are mentioning. If you do have screenshots or recordings of this happening, it would be appreciated if you could forward this.

Now please let me address your comment about support. I cannot stress how absolutely difficult it is for our support team, myself included, to keep up with the volumes of tickets we receive on a daily basis. The CMs are not simply there to answer tickets, but we have other daily duties to attend to. Would it be absolutely amazing to reply to every single ticket? Yes, for sure. Is it possible? Not really. Even with the full CM team complement this is difficult. Factor in the fact that we sometimes have team members on vacation, or out on sick, and the situation becomes even more difficult. It doesn't mean we're not reading tickets. But we can't acknowledge each and every one. We are talking about an average of 1000 tickets a day, with issues like yesterday blowing this number out of proportion. While we appreciate players submit tickets when an issue like yesterday comes up, flooding our system simply makes it harder for us to reply to everyone. To my knowledge however, everyone who sent a ticket yesterday regarding the splitting issue received a reply.

Your comment regarding outsourcing staff to fix issues is incredibly disrespectful. Evidently, you don't know the dedication of each and every one of my colleagues when it comes to this game and the amount of hours we put into it. If we aren't constantly updating the game with new features and fixing issues, then there's no point in keeping the game online. A game without updates is a dead game. Regarding gold pricing, the increase was simply a result of increases on Google's and Apple's side in their added fees, which is also why prices on Google Play and iStore are much more expensive than desktop and the webshop (available from the gold W button while in a map on mobile).

I believe I've addressed everything but let me know if there is anything I've missed.
    • Many players on this forum have suggested adding mines to the weapons available to play with.

In general, in my opinion that would not fun to deal with.

Which brings me to my point and segue:

Aren't the glitches, fixes, poor game mechanics and bugs enough of a minefield to deal with?

Game developers please fix what is broken FIRST before introducing new (crazy) game mechanics to the game. In my opinion, you are just adding more problems to your list when doing so.

For example, when a mixed stack of air units (helicopters, fighter jets, bombers) go back for refueling and the player splits them mid flight when going back to refuel. All units remain at the SLOWEST airspeed.

When I reported this issue via the bug icon, I received a bunch of techno garbage, word salad for a response from the employee. Translation being "I won't work on this, or this will not be addressed."

Disappointing response.

Likewise, it is disappointing if not frustrating to research units that do not work as intended or described as such. Wasted time and resources spent while my opponent(s) are breathing down my neck. For example, I have experienced a glitch while trying to fire cruise missiles at units on land from ships. Broken missiles? A waste of time and resources.

Seems like when there is a game patch or update most of the time there is an accompanying game break or glitch or bug.

Like I have mentioned before, at the very least, a heads up of a game update would be appreciated, that way I can plan ahead during game play AND not be in a bad situation.
    • i will say it again, paratroopers should be implemented to th egame as well as supply routes that the player chooses, paratroopers would have greater range and would be mre effective than air assault(if the enemy does not have anti air) and supply routes would add more realism. The should impact effectiveness and hp and soldiers could die of hunger if not supplied. u could be surrounded by enemy provinces meaning that u can't be supplied and have to breakthrough enemy lines in order to do so. supply lines could start from the nearest city.
    • and it is pretty annoying to know that once landed air assault troops have to walk to reach their next destination if there is no airfield nearby, if they are cmbat recon vehicles in the air assault unit, the speed should be increased to the same as mtorized infantry so i dn't have to wait days for my air assault unit to reach a province. it would relly get me into using air assault units more