Island Disputes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Island Disputes

The game is very racist because it depicts the Malvinas/Falklands as British when it is historically more belonging to Argentina. The game takes the british side by calling them the Falklands instead of the Malvinas whereas another island dispute, the Dokdo island dispute between South Korea and Japan which Japan calls Takeshima is not the map when this island dispute with the Malvinas is. The game doesn't need to include Dokdo on the map but they need to at least equally treat the Malvinas matter if they're going to call it the Falklands, they have to put the name "Malvinas" next to it.
    • xXWolfXx wrote:

First day back and the political fights still continue huh? ||
      No, no, no, nothing like that to see here. What may appear that way to you is merely left over pixels errored in transmission, that may, at times, seem to suggest something other than the total peace and harmony, that is always here, like, all the time and stuff.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • History and Law

Hello friends.
      I introduce my self: Enrique Cabrera, 29 years old, I went to the university of UNCuyo to study History for 5 years. I did'nt make to the final degree but I learned a lot. Rigth now I study Law in another univercity... So here are the facts:
      In 1833 the former Britsh Empire (from now on the pirats) stole the island from the Provincias Unidas del Río de la Plata (now Argentina).
      You can look it in any webpage.
      The fundamental right of Law in this particular case is that the former Spanish and Portuguese empires split there american dominions in the pact of Tordesillas.
      The Islas Malvinas are and will for ever be an argentinian territoy, there is o discussion here. I understand that most of you are from Europe but the propaganda of the powerfull nations always will prevail...
      You can investigate yourselves in any decent web page (not wikipedia).
      I hope you the best, las Malvinas son argentinas!!!
    • KikePastore wrote:

Hello friends.
      I introduce my self: Enrique Cabrera, 29 years old, I went to the university of UNCuyo to study History for 5 years. I did'nt make to the final degree but I learned a lot. Rigth now I study Law in another univercity... So here are the facts:
      In 1833 the former Britsh Empire (from now on the pirats) stole the island from the Provincias Unidas del Río de la Plata (now Argentina).
      You can look it in any webpage.
      The fundamental right of Law in this particular case is that the former Spanish and Portuguese empires split there american dominions in the pact of Tordesillas.
      The Islas Malvinas are and will for ever be an argentinian territoy, there is o discussion here. I understand that most of you are from Europe but the propaganda of the powerfull nations always will prevail...
      You can investigate yourselves in any decent web page (not wikipedia).
      I hope you the best, las Malvinas son argentinas!!!
      Congratulations on successfully sabotaging your own argument.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • KikePastore wrote:

So you are basing your argument on the idea that England stole the island from Argentina, who themselves stole it from Spain. Not seeing much justification there. (Cue "This Land is Mine")

• GeneralJeagerY wrote:

The game is very racist because it depicts the Malvinas/Falklands as British when it is historically more belonging to Argentina. The game takes the british side by calling them the Falklands instead of the Malvinas whereas another island dispute, the Dokdo island dispute between South Korea and Japan which Japan calls Takeshima is not the map when this island dispute with the Malvinas is. The game doesn't need to include Dokdo on the map but they need to at least equally treat the Malvinas matter if they're going to call it the Falklands, they have to put the name "Malvinas" next to it.
      Would just like to point some things out:

1. Dokdo was most likely left out due to its size, not its controversy. Dokdo doesn't even sum up to a square kilometer, at .186 km2- compare that to the Falklands/Malvinas (a whopping 12,173 km2), and you'll see why they included the Falklands (Malvinas) and not Dokdo.
      (For fellow non-metric users, this is like comparing one bald eagle to 65446 bald eagles)

2. (And I feel like this needs to be said a lot-) At the end of the day, this is a game, not a hyper-realistic simulation of reality. There are plenty of other controversial/disputed countries on the map--such as Cabinda and Taiwan--or straight up imaginary countries, such as Patagonia (a region in South America), Veyshnoria (a fake country created by Belarus & Russia), and Vermont (tell me, have you ever met someone from Vermont? It's not real).
      "Dealer of Death has counted to infinity... twice"
      -Kurtvonstein

• Is Argentina going to be a solvent "country" for much longer?

Would the residents of the Malvinas/Falklands be picking through trash to survive if it was Argentinian territory?

I have neighbors from Argentina. They aren't good neighbors to say the least. Makes me wonder how Argentinians treat each other with the small taste of my neighbors being "neighborly" is like.
    • If we judge all the germans because they where nazis...

If we judge all the british because their adicts...

If we judge all the united statians because his racist people...

I think that judge people for a irrelevant numbers of persons is not accurate.

And... if we speak about "solvent"... well... i don't believe that UK have a bright future in that matter.