So Annoying

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So Annoying

So, I just joined a new game.

Another player noticed my stats and reached out to me to work together. One of the neurotic, super chatty types. .

Usual things...lets be allies, lets join another server together...yadda yadda.

He casually mentioned that he as a second account on his phone (presumably in addition to his desktop CON account) and he wants me to play with him and his second account on another server.

He said it so casually like all players have second accounts on different devices. He even mentioned he has security council on both of them.

I turned his offer down, but now I'm stuck on this server with this guy who is literally cheating and since he's on two different devices, there is probably no way to catch him or prove it.

I love the game, but hate when people cheapen the experience by doing things like this.

Very discouraging.
    • Teburu wrote:

Try actually reporting him instead if bitching about it.

Iirc Opulon mentioned once that yes they do have ways to detect multiaccounting tho he didnt go into details for obvious reasons.
      A narrow solution to a broad problem is not a satisfying solution.

The only reason I happen to know about this instance, is because this particular player has been open about it. What about all the games where people are doing this and not openly telling other players about it? How many times have I played against players who cheated and gained an unfair advantage and gotten away with it simply because they didn't tell another player what they were doing?

After some contemplation, I've surmised that its actually quite easy to do this through an internet connection on one device and a cellular connection on a second device. Or a player could be using a public library computer or utilizing 1 of a 100 other options....

I'm bringing this issue here because a public airing puts pressure on the website owners to actually solve the broader problem rather than just papering over this particular instance.

Its not bitching. Its addressing an actual issue in manner appropriate to the real scope of the actual problem.
    • Once i discovered a player playing 2 countries. He was Russia and attacked a bot with nukes. Because i was the most powerful player and i was near, i launched a preempive strike to kill his launchers. He was allied with Kazasjtan.

When i launched the attack over Russia he told me "why you attack..." and blah blah blah... The point is... Kazasjtan asked my the same, with the exact writting style!

I don't reporte anything because we was almost ending the game and i haven't proof of a multi account.

I haven't the proof, but i haven't doubts he was a multiaccount. Fortunately, he was a (bad) noob and never do anything more than launch a nuke against a bot.
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

TheShinwacker wrote:

Is it just me but i thought users with security council could have multiple accounts?
      Correct. However, all the accounts belonging to the IP must have sc (e.g you have to purchase it for each account)
      No, owning multiple accounts in the same game still violates tos; sc or not.

SC whitelist just exists so people living in the same house can play together, definitely not to promote multi-accs
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • So, I reported the 7 accounts that were Wolf Packing and the player who was using 2 accounts, himself, 24 hours ago.

I received a notice that my reports had been received, however there has been no follow through.

All 9 cheating accounts are still active in the game.

There is no question that all 9 of these accounts are in violation of the TOS. The multi-account player is not an instance of family members playing together, he has clearly referred to it as his second account in the in-game messaging between us.

I've resent 'bug reports' just now.

But it appears to me that the websites owners just don't give a damn.

This is not fair.
    • Update.

The multi-player's two accounts were kicked out of the game, and 2/7 wolf packing players were kicked (5 were allowed).

I'm glad the website took action. However 3.5 days is 14 days in this 4x game which means a lot was allowed to go on before action was taken.

Overall I am happy the website doesn't willfully turn a blind eye when a player reports blatant, obvious cheating.
    • Teburu wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

TheShinwacker wrote:

Is it just me but i thought users with security council could have multiple accounts?
      Correct. However, all the accounts belonging to the IP must have sc (e.g you have to purchase it for each account)
      No, owning multiple accounts in the same game still violates tos; sc or not.
      SC whitelist just exists so people living in the same house can play together, definitely not to promote multi-accs
      And how exactly are you going to prove, that two accounts sharing the same IP(both have SC enabled) are infact managed solely by one person ? Unless the person behind the alts confesses, there is no plausible way to prove it.
    • Rapt0ris wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

TheShinwacker wrote:

No, owning multiple accounts in the same game still violates tos; sc or not.SC whitelist just exists so people living in the same house can play together, definitely not to promote multi-accs
      And how exactly are you going to prove, that two accounts sharing the same IP(both have SC enabled) are infact managed solely by one person ? Unless the person behind the alts confesses, there is no plausible way to prove it.
      Im sure Dorado has their ways.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • here is one of my old posts, mainly quoting opulon...

using only VPNs is not as easy as it seems to double account. here are some Opulon quotes that may be of your interest

"The automated system, ironically, is able to see people using VPN/VPS/VDS.Again, to give you my perspective, whenever i do a check manually, i find the gathered data more than enough in many cases.But the automated system itself, while registering the oddity, will often not act upon it."
      "you have the technical know-how : when i encounter someone with a vpn, i don't really care what the guy real identity is. The simple fact that he is using a certain type of service provided by a certain someone is indirectly indirect."
      "no, it's mostly a pile of suspicious activities.
      For example
      • soft ip conflicts
      • usage of a vpn
      • sometimes uses a proxy
      • sometimes uses a residential
      • 15 shared games where they always are pushing each other
      taken "one by one", yeah, may be coincidence, but we decide to make the call."
      "All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day." - The Joker