An other P2P game mode suggestion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• An other P2P game mode suggestion

I know there’s been game mode suggestions where players buy in for a fee to set specific rules. Here’s mine.

A game mode where players buy in to start off with gold. This would be a competitive game mode where experienced players might enjoy a challenge. It would also be a fun way to support the game with a consistent stream of revenue. I don’t know how the Company is doing financially but I would imagine they would be open to buy in game modes. Anyways let me explain my hope for the game mode.

Each player starts with a certain amount of gold to speed up early game and start the action early all over the map. Each homeland province you lose you get a certain amount of gold added. Homeland cities loss would add even more gold. The capital would add the most amount. This would make defending your land without getting overwhelmed quickly as you get gold added with each province and city to counter builds if you have a weakness getting exploited.

Mid game you will also gain a small amount of gold for losing conquered cities as well. These would have to be substantially less than home land territories.

My favourite part of the game is the late game experience where you have multiple maxed level units, missiles, huge economies to sustain a massive army. This part is always short and game ends soon after. I want people using stealth bombers on day 10. I want to see UK invading France with amphibious units early game
      Imagine aircraft carriers and frigates from Japan or China heading to USA in day early-mid game and being met with heavy anti air or maxed out cruise missiles.

This is my imagination for the game mode. Idk how consistent gold use would effect the game, but at least it would be at the hand of experienced players who will know how to take that in as a factor in their battle strategies.
    • I don't know if gold is the solution, but like You, i miss the opportunity to figth with all these toys in a more longer Game.

The problem is that at the first time of war, everyone rush over the enemy homeland, bypassing conquered lands. I was thinking about give each province a small amount of resources while cities offer less, so, people could be attracted to take lands instead of homeland cities.

The big problem is that when you capture homeland cities, it is Game over for the attacked. Maybe with your proposal the attacked player could stay longer but the production loss is a major problem.
    • Kaiservar wrote:

I don't know if gold is the solution, but like You, i miss the opportunity to figth with all these toys in a more longer Game.

The problem is that at the first time of war, everyone rush over the enemy homeland, bypassing conquered lands. I was thinking about give each province a small amount of resources while cities offer less, so, people could be attracted to take lands instead of homeland cities.

The big problem is that when you capture homeland cities, it is Game over for the attacked. Maybe with your proposal the attacked player could stay longer but the production loss is a major problem.

That wouldn't make a difference. The correct strategic decision would still be targeting the homeland as priority. If you have to kill the enemy, you always go for the jugular. You don't spend time faffing about with their occupied lands unless there is some strategic play in it. Giving players some resources for doing so doesn't override the strategic imperative and in no way changes the calculus.
    • xovault wrote:

Kaiservar wrote:

I don't know if gold is the solution, but like You, i miss the opportunity to figth with all these toys in a more longer Game.

That wouldn't make a difference. The correct strategic decision would still be targeting the homeland as priority. If you have to kill the enemy, you always go for the jugular. You don't spend time faffing about with their occupied lands unless there is some strategic play in it. Giving players some resources for doing so doesn't override the strategic imperative and in no way changes the calculus.
      Of course, this is the mechanic of the game. His proposal is just trying to avoid this "problem" i think.

For example, Soviets don't rush directly to Berlin using North Sea. I think it is a problem in this game, but well... it is in that way and we only adapt.