Frigates should be nerfed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Frigates should be nerfed

They're too cheap, they have anti air which is too long of a range the only thing who can actually beat them is a unit stronger than them which to me is bad game design. They should have advantages and disadvantages who can balance each other out. A player who spams frigates will outmatch every other player even if the other player makes cruirsers just by sheer numbers. In general navy in my view is kinda unbalanced like there should be coastol defenses or maybe make corvettes generally more powerfull. Btw don't make one of those posts: "ThErE's AlReAdY a ThReAd FoR tHaT". 1: I searched one on google and I have founded nothing about frigates being op just the elite ones and 2: To me seems so inneficient having to search a years old thread where the meta probably has changed since the game gets constatly updated and it's more welcoming for new users on the forum since they actually get a discussion going instead of having to search on GOOGLE not even in the actual forum like that can get pretty confusing for someone new. No wonder they switched to discord... anayways what are your thoughts?
    • You create a Thread that is incredibly low quality (because frigates being op is not a thing as there are obvious counters just based on the unit description alone, making this just a rant thread anyway) and then spend half of said post to rant about the usual „use search function“ answer.

And then you’re surprised somebody mocks your rant?
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • shrek6satan wrote:

They're too cheap, they have anti air which is too long of a range the only thing who can actually beat them is a unit stronger than them which to me is bad game design. They should have advantages and disadvantages who can balance each other out. A player who spams frigates will outmatch every other player even if the other player makes cruirsers just by sheer numbers. In general navy in my view is kinda unbalanced like there should be coastol defenses or maybe make corvettes generally more powerfull. Btw don't make one of those posts: "ThErE's AlReAdY a ThReAd FoR tHaT". 1: I searched one on google and I have founded nothing about frigates being op just the elite ones and 2: To me seems so inneficient having to search a years old thread where the meta probably has changed since the game gets constatly updated and it's more welcoming for new users on the forum since they actually get a discussion going instead of having to search on GOOGLE not even in the actual forum like that can get pretty confusing for someone new. No wonder they switched to discord... anyways what are your thoughts?
      Frigates excel as early game units but struggle to match the range of cruisers in the mid game. If someone dedicates all their resources to frigates, they can maintain their effectiveness until late game, but this may come at the expense of other unit types. To make frigates a viable late-game option, it's crucial to have teammates specializing in other aspects of the game. In high-level matches, aerial engagements against ships are rare, especially when everyone has air superiority on standby; cruisers typically reign supreme. If you believe otherwise, you might need more experience in top-tier gameplay.
    • shrek6satan wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Lordy - Shrekster - You must really, realy want everyone who reads this thread to hate not just your suggestion but also you.

You don't catch flies with vinegar.
      he's the one who insults me first and Im the bad one????
      He wrote an evaluation of your post's first half.

Your post's second half was trying to pick a fight and whining about something that DIDN'T happen.

It would be hard to do a better job of guaranteeing failure.

All I'm suggesting is, "Don't be surprised."
    • shrek6satan wrote:

They're too cheap, they have anti air which is too long of a range the only thing who can actually beat them is a unit stronger than them which to me is bad game design. They should have advantages and disadvantages who can balance each other out. A player who spams frigates will outmatch every other player even if the other player makes cruirsers just by sheer numbers. In general navy in my view is kinda unbalanced like there should be coastol defenses or maybe make corvettes generally more powerfull. Btw don't make one of those posts: "ThErE's AlReAdY a ThReAd FoR tHaT". 1: I searched one on google and I have founded nothing about frigates being op just the elite ones and 2: To me seems so inneficient having to search a years old thread where the meta probably has changed since the game gets constatly updated and it's more welcoming for new users on the forum since they actually get a discussion going instead of having to search on GOOGLE not even in the actual forum like that can get pretty confusing for someone new. No wonder they switched to discord... anayways what are your thoughts?
      Too cheap ? They cost like 1100 electronics. How is your production midgame ? 3000 per day or so ? 1 dd, 1 frigate, 1 striker and you are out of electronics.

And they have disadvantages - they are slow. They get their speed boost around lvl 5, dd around lvl 2. They start with AA of 75, even then it gets to 100 max. With TDS I can get 150 no problem. Their HP is like 26 when dd gets 40 ? Thats pretty big deal in ship to ship combat.

Not to mention they cant see subs, so gimme bunch of subs and I dont care how many frigates you can throw on me.

As for coastal defenses... check out mlrs lvl 5. It gets solid damage to ships. Pair with ground radar so your guns can actually see what they are shooting at and you are good to go.
    • And add the fact then when Mixed with other Units in an stack the fregattes eats Most incoming damage.
      Also they Research Times are insane...they Block a Lot time that could BE Spende otherwise.

Shopfight is Ränge Matters. And fregattes only dominante the Corvette in a SEA Fight.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • ok....it seems like you are not an experienced player....

Do you know that frigates at maximum level are easily destroyed by combat helicopters... and make a statement that this game is rubbish because of your personal opinion about a particular item and still say that it is cheap?

pray please...

First, anyone on any forum must first come and post their opinions with an approach focused on relevant criteria and that all variants are included in their observations...

Reevaluate your view of the game and research more about the countless advantages and disadvantages of each item in the game and the incredible and fantastic range of strategies that this game provides...

have a good time!

• MattBooth25 wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

They're too cheap, they have anti air which is too long of a range the only thing who can actually beat them is a unit stronger than them which to me is bad game design. They should have advantages and disadvantages who can balance each other out. A player who spams frigates will outmatch every other player even if the other player makes cruirsers just by sheer numbers. In general navy in my view is kinda unbalanced like there should be coastol defenses or maybe make corvettes generally more powerfull. Btw don't make one of those posts: "ThErE's AlReAdY a ThReAd FoR tHaT". 1: I searched one on google and I have founded nothing about frigates being op just the elite ones and 2: To me seems so inneficient having to search a years old thread where the meta probably has changed since the game gets constatly updated and it's more welcoming for new users on the forum since they actually get a discussion going instead of having to search on GOOGLE not even in the actual forum like that can get pretty confusing for someone new. No wonder they switched to discord... anyways what are your thoughts?
      Frigates excel as early game units but struggle to match the range of cruisers in the mid game. If someone dedicates all their resources to frigates, they can maintain their effectiveness until late game, but this may come at the expense of other unit types. To make frigates a viable late-game option, it's crucial to have teammates specializing in other aspects of the game. In high-level matches, aerial engagements against ships are rare, especially when everyone has air superiority on standby; cruisers typically reign supreme. If you believe otherwise, you might need more experience in top-tier gameplay
      They excel probably against noob players.
    • playbabe wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

Last Update was a joke...nerfing all my Favoriten units

Best part is how they reduce all Attack valzes If mobile anti Air and then weite ITS a buff.
      read it again lol, they moved those damage to defense. so more reliable damage.
      ITS Not a buff If you reduce it. Active airdefenae ist better then Point defense
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.