Frigates should be nerfed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ComteJohn wrote:

ok....it seems like you are not an experienced player....

Do you know that frigates at maximum level are easily destroyed by combat helicopters... and make a statement that this game is rubbish because of your personal opinion about a particular item and still say that it is cheap?

pray please...

First, anyone on any forum must first come and post their opinions with an approach focused on relevant criteria and that all variants are included in their observations...

Reevaluate your view of the game and research more about the countless advantages and disadvantages of each item in the game and the incredible and fantastic range of strategies that this game provides...

have a good time!
      frigates aren’t going to worry about any helicopter besides ASW, those are rare and most good players are going to have asf on standby, saying frigates are easily destroyed by helicopters is not an accurate statement.
    • shrek6satan wrote:

They're too cheap, they have anti air which is too long of a range the only thing who can actually beat them is a unit stronger than them which to me is bad game design. They should have advantages and disadvantages who can balance each other out. A player who spams frigates will outmatch every other player even if the other player makes cruirsers just by sheer numbers. In general navy in my view is kinda unbalanced like there should be coastol defenses or maybe make corvettes generally more powerfull. Btw don't make one of those posts: "ThErE's AlReAdY a ThReAd FoR tHaT". 1: I searched one on google and I have founded nothing about frigates being op just the elite ones and 2: To me seems so inneficient having to search a years old thread where the meta probably has changed since the game gets constatly updated and it's more welcoming for new users on the forum since they actually get a discussion going instead of having to search on GOOGLE not even in the actual forum like that can get pretty confusing for someone new. No wonder they switched to discord... anayways what are your thoughts?
      Are you kidding, right? This happens in real life and in games, but anyway, even a frigate or a submarine can destroy a frigate.

they have anti air which is too long of a range

It is it's role. It must be strong to defend the fleet.

A player who spams frigates will outmatch every other player even if the other player makes cruirsers just by sheer numbers

Well... frigates are cheaper than Cruisers, but not so cheaper to allows to outmatch cruisers. Two frigates are more costly in electronics and components than a single cruiser of the same level, but the cruiser hit more strong. A lv1 cruiser can do 15 of damage, while frigates do 6. In a 1:1 match, the cruiser will ever win, because the damage capacity AND hit points (50 vs 26).

So... this is not true. Frigates are support units for the fleet, it is not designed to be an all around ship capable to cope with all.

I think you must play more to understand the game.
    • OP has a point in terms of general play. Frigates are a very solid all round unit, pretty much a must take - lethal to air AND missiles. Not everyone runs helis(rather situational/risky) and subs are very vulnerable in shallow water where most battles occur. Cruisers are great but the level 4 shipyard is an ask and are vulnerable to cruise missiles/subs without support.
    • HulkHogann wrote:

OP has a point in terms of general play.
      Frigates are solid unit and as any other solid unit if used correctly it can punch above its weight. However... I think he is way off the mark by calling it cheap and asking for nerf due to that.

Motorized infantry with good enough supply production is cheap ? Yes.

Is national guard cheap unit ? Hell yes.

But Frigate ? I can produce just one or two pieces per day in typical midgame. I cant force myself to call it cheap...
    • MattBooth25 wrote:

ComteJohn wrote:

ok....it seems like you are not an experienced player....

Do you know that frigates at maximum level are easily destroyed by combat helicopters... and make a statement that this game is rubbish because of your personal opinion about a particular item and still say that it is cheap?

pray please...

First, anyone on any forum must first come and post their opinions with an approach focused on relevant criteria and that all variants are included in their observations...

Reevaluate your view of the game and research more about the countless advantages and disadvantages of each item in the game and the incredible and fantastic range of strategies that this game provides...

have a good time!
      frigates aren’t going to worry about any helicopter besides ASW, those are rare and most good players are going to have asf on standby, saying frigates are easily destroyed by helicopters is not an accurate statement.
      It is an accurate statement, because it was purely about frigates vs helis. Adding conditions like „but good players have asf“ to that is completely missing the point.
      Even normal helis deal decent dmg to ships; the damage being a bit lower than asw helis doesnt matter much in the end because air vs navy is a war of attrition.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • HulkHogann wrote:

OP has a point in terms of general play. Frigates are a very solid all round unit, pretty much a must take - lethal to air AND missiles. Not everyone runs helis(rather situational/risky) and subs are very vulnerable in shallow water where most battles occur. Cruisers are great but the level 4 shipyard is an ask and are vulnerable to cruise missiles/subs without support.
      except it is not „allround“; literally the only thing its goof against are aircraft.

- helis, even non-asw helis, are a counter to navy and frigates in particular
      - submarines dont need to enter shallow waters in about 90% of cases to hit units, thats what the attack range is for
      - even just destroyers are enough to win easily against frigates
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • HulkHogann wrote:

OP has a point in terms of general play. Frigates are a very solid all round unit, pretty much a must take - lethal to air AND missiles. Not everyone runs helis(rather situational/risky) and subs are very vulnerable in shallow water where most battles occur. Cruisers are great but the level 4 shipyard is an ask and are vulnerable to cruise missiles/subs without support.
      No, frigates are not good for all, because they can't Match anything except corvettes in naval battle. They excels at air defense, that's all.

Yes, lv4 shipyard is a pain, but a single lv1 Cruiser could outmatch an entire frigate stack because the cruiser is faster and hit hard and far. Apply for destroyers too, except the distance; anyway, the hit and run tactic is ever in favor of Destroyers, cruisers and even corvettes in coastal waters.
    • MattBooth25 wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

They're too cheap, they have anti air which is too long of a range the only thing who can actually beat them is a unit stronger than them which to me is bad game design. They should have advantages and disadvantages who can balance each other out. A player who spams frigates will outmatch every other player even if the other player makes cruirsers just by sheer numbers. In general navy in my view is kinda unbalanced like there should be coastol defenses or maybe make corvettes generally more powerfull. Btw don't make one of those posts: "ThErE's AlReAdY a ThReAd FoR tHaT". 1: I searched one on google and I have founded nothing about frigates being op just the elite ones and 2: To me seems so inneficient having to search a years old thread where the meta probably has changed since the game gets constatly updated and it's more welcoming for new users on the forum since they actually get a discussion going instead of having to search on GOOGLE not even in the actual forum like that can get pretty confusing for someone new. No wonder they switched to discord... anyways what are your thoughts?
      Frigates excel as early game units but struggle to match the range of cruisers in the mid game. If someone dedicates all their resources to frigates, they can maintain their effectiveness until late game, but this may come at the expense of other unit types. To make frigates a viable late-game option, it's crucial to have teammates specializing in other aspects of the game. In high-level matches, aerial engagements against ships are rare, especially when everyone has air superiority on standby; cruisers typically reign supreme. If you believe otherwise, you might need more experience in top-tier gameplay.
      But that's the point. "struggle to match the range of cruisers in the mid game" is basically saying "to kill this unit you need a more expensive unit". That shouldn't be how game design works. Like to me the strategies that exist rn are very limited and I will take my hat off to those players who can take advantage of said strategies but lets be real here most strategies boil down to "which units sould I use and which I shouldn't". Like take for example corvettes. I think it should be possible to kill a cruiser with a corvette if a player has really good skill. But it's literally impossible because of range. You see where im getting at? You cannot really take advantage of your "skills" because the "skills" you acquire are mainly which units should I use and which I shouldn't. I really would like to see some features which bring uniqueness to which unit. I'll give some examples: I've seen in some thread ago a suggestion from a guy where subs could go from surface to underwater and like how cool would be that or how about AFVs where you could put your inf inside so lets say 1 AFV would carry 5 units at lv1 for example like that type of shit. Everyone likes a certain unit who has a special ability even if it's a bad one like airborne inf. So to summarize my point isn't really about frigates being op (which they aren't to be honest) but more about balancing in general. Like I would love to see more variety to this game maybe changing how melee works making it pokemon style idk making ranged units less op they are now and generally buffing some units which are downright unusable
    • Well, if what you are saying is that to keep the game fresh and fun Dorado should carefully introduce new unit characteristics or new unit-interactions (with each other or with the terrain), I think they already agree.

The only thing left to do is ask them to hurry up and/or volunteer to pay the salary of a couple more programmers for a year so that those new employees can be given the assignment.

Is this an accurate summary?
    • shrek6satan wrote:

But that's the point. "struggle to match the range of cruisers in the mid game" is basically saying "to kill this unit you need a more expensive unit". That shouldn't be how game design works. Like to me the strategies that exist rn are very limited and I will take my hat off to those players who can take advantage of said strategies but lets be real here most strategies boil down to "which units sould I use and which I shouldn't". Like take for example corvettes. I think it should be possible to kill a cruiser with a corvette if a player has really good skill. But it's literally impossible because of range. You see where im getting at? You cannot really take advantage of your "skills" because the "skills" you acquire are mainly which units should I use and which I shouldn't. I really would like to see some features which bring uniqueness to which unit. I'll give some examples: I've seen in some thread ago a suggestion from a guy where subs could go from surface to underwater and like how cool would be that or how about AFVs where you could put your inf inside so lets say 1 AFV would carry 5 units at lv1 for example like that type of shit. Everyone likes a certain unit who has a special ability even if it's a bad one like airborne inf. So to summarize my point isn't really about frigates being op (which they aren't to be honest) but more about balancing in general. Like I would love to see more variety to this game maybe changing how melee works making it pokemon style idk making ranged units less op they are now and generally buffing some units which are downright unusable
      This Does not make Sense. This Game works with the Papier , scissor and Rock Meta. Which means every unit has a specific counter. What you are suggesting IS that Rock can Beat Paper and scissor. What in the end Beats the purpose of having different unit types at all. Why Not have only one unit that does it all. This would BE the Outcome that lies at the end of the Road you are going along.

I am sorry But I Like the Game IT IS designed at the Moment. I have to make decissons . Cause i can Not have IT all at once. In Most cases IT works But Sometimes i Encounter an enemie that has Just to right Setup to counter my Army Mix.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • KFGauss wrote:

Well, if what you are saying is that to keep the game fresh and fun Dorado should carefully introduce new unit characteristics or new unit-interactions (with each other or with the terrain), I think they already agree.
      Again disagree. They should fix the current Units end the existing Gamestyle. There are enough suggestions in this Forum(some Made by myself) how to Bring more useability in the Game. And this Returns in more fun.

For example latly they introduced in the mobile Version that the Units i can build in a City are in top of list. Easy Change that save me a Lot of scrolling. Save time which I can Spend on other Things.

ITS definitiv Not done by nerfing Ranged Units even Fürther. @dev the latest artilly nerfs suck so much I dont build mobile artiklery at all cause IT feels Like throwing pepples against Tanks. And shifting airlift for mrl from das 17 to das 27 only creates a logistics annoyance which dies Not add fun But Frustration to the Game.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.

The post was edited 1 time, last by kurtvonstein ().

• kurtvonstein wrote:

shrek6satan wrote:

This Does not make Sense. This Game works with the Papier , scissor and Rock Meta. Which means every unit has a specific counter. What you are suggesting IS that Rock can Beat Paper and scissor. What in the end Beats the purpose of having different unit types at all. Why Not have only one unit that does it all. This would BE the Outcome that lies at the end of the Road you are going along.
      I am sorry But I Like the Game IT IS designed at the Moment. I have to make decissons . Cause i can Not have IT all at once. In Most cases IT works But Sometimes i Encounter an enemie that has Just to right Setup to counter my Army Mix.
      I disagree. Most of the time you need to make new types of units just to beat the counter your enemy made to you. A good example is the SFs SAM meta. if you make strike fighters your enemy will make sams which therefor focres you to make attack helis. If you want to use just what you have on the table your strategy will be very limited like that thing about attacking in the limit of your patrol attack bubble. Like to me I always look at that and thought: "There's no way this is feature this looks like more of a bug". Dont get me wrong I like this dichotomy and im not saying that any of the units are op or should be nerfed or something but i would like to see some type of new feature like for example the timing thing should work better. Your aircraft cannot really use the timing to their advantage simply because it's only 10 min and that's too short of a time to escape or attack without taking dmg. Maybe if they attacked in some position or maybe if they attack separately they could overwhelm the sam but at the same time they're separate and take more dmg so that's a nice tradeoff to keep things balanced. Or for example I would like to see more control of the sams like I never really understood why when they're trying to find some aircraft they take a long ass time till they detect and attack like sometimes they only activate if the aircraft attack. Like there should a button saying "scan" you press that and your chances of finding aircraft and attacking dastrically increase. Im not really a dev so this are just some ideas but do you see where im getting at? Give more control to the players that's the fun part about this game instead on forcing them to make entirely new units. Make the units more versataile so they can have more options and stuff. That's called game design.
    • But that's the point. "struggle to match the range of cruisers in the mid game" is basically saying "to kill this unit you need a more expensive unit"
      let me introduce you to.
      - Corvette: have same ship damage, range and HP in early game as frigate. but cheaper
      - submarine: a little bit expensive in port lv3 but the unit itself is significantly cheaper then frigate. with a huge damage to ship.
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • shrek6satan wrote:

I disagree. Most of the time you need to make new types of units just to beat the counter your enemy made to you. A good example is the SFs SAM meta. if you make strike fighters your enemy will make sams which therefor focres you to make attack helis. If you want to use just what you have on the table your strategy will be very limited like that thing about attacking in the limit of your patrol attack bubble. Like to me I always look at that and thought: "There's no way this is feature this looks like more of a bug". Dont get me wrong I like this dichotomy and im not saying that any of the units are op or should be nerfed or something but i would like to see some type of new feature like for example the timing thing should work better. Your aircraft cannot really use the timing to their advantage simply because it's only 10 min and that's too short of a time to escape or attack without taking dmg. Maybe if they attacked in some position or maybe if they attack separately they could overwhelm the sam but at the same time they're separate and take more dmg so that's a nice tradeoff to keep things balanced. Or for example I would like to see more control of the sams like I never really understood why when they're trying to find some aircraft they take a long ass time till they detect and attack like sometimes they only activate if the aircraft attack. Like there should a button saying "scan" you press that and your chances of finding aircraft and attacking dastrically increase. Im not really a dev so this are just some ideas but do you see where im getting at? Give more control to the players that's the fun part about this game instead on forcing them to make entirely new units. Make the units more versataile so they can have more options and stuff. That's called game design.
      You are mistaken in your assuption. Cause you are Not Limited to Option Helicopter. You can do artillery to Take Out Sams and then continue to use Strike fighters.

This Game has 2 Problems. First is online time. You can easily kick a Players while He IS offline. Cause His Units are dump and stand in heavy artillery bombing Till further commands.
      Airorce adds an other layer to.this Problem. Mobility and time. AS a attacker you can choose the time and place. With airfirce you are way more flexible in bypassing defenses(even more when Player IS offline and can only rel in passive Air defense).
      Yes the 10 min Attack IS a Bad in between solution which gets AS much exploited AS the Hit an Run with artillery. Then again what would Happen If the Sam fire when Units enter the defense Range? Players would simple fire a Cruise.missle Trigger AA Attack and when ITS over enter the defense Range and destroy everything.

Your suggestion of more Micromanagement IS much apprdciates But 80% of Player already struggls to build more sophisticated Units then Inf and Battle Tanks. You Wanne make their Life even more complicated?