STATEMENT ABOUT BALANCING UPDATE 10 MAY

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Pity you can get rid of useless units,with only homeland cities producing decent resources everyone runs out of fuel before they can fight a enemy.

How about increasing the amount captured cities can produce ?.

Drives me mad not being able to produce enough troops to win a war,now you expect us to take on live players before we have resources to fight a war ?.

It wasnt perfect before but this update isnt going to make anyone love the game more.(referring to making AI worthless to attack)
  • Jamhougin wrote:

Reducing the amount of resources on the 26 player map creates a clear resource squeeze aimed at "balancing" your business model, not the game. Taking away the ability to trade Rare Mats does the same, you're attempting to make us spend money. I only spend money on things I really enjoy, and this update will make me far less likely to reward you for your efforts. I also appreciate honesty, so if you guys put up a post in the forums saying something like "Hey guys, our game isn't growing fast enough to keep us all in jobs, if you like it maybe you could help us out with your wallets" I would be much more receptive than with this tactic.
    I believe the above quote expresses exactly how I feel about this "update". It also makes the game slower and more boring. Now, I have resources to build 2-3 buildings and 2-3 units a day and maybe 1 research per day. This modification will generate more income, I understand, but my feeling is it makes the game less enjoyable.

Cheating vs honest trade: I believe there are genuine players developing a research and production strategy and play together, trade and exchange units or resources. It is the very same in real life, R&D costs are shared in alliances and we all know the arms trade is the biggest business in the world. Why would you not want to simulate this?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cabernetfranc ().

• Outposts will allow players to construct a secret building in a province which will allow the player to serve as airport, defense and more.

Currently we are focusing on the issues we've uncovered and which are annoying the heck out of the community (Trading related issues etc).

But once we got them stable we are going to get back to them and push them out accordingly.

//G
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • The fact that you can not exchange resources is not so bad
    The real problem is that there are not enough resources

Can you think about how to remove the penalty for the annexation of 33%?

How to get rid of it? Can I need to arrange a genocide? Give me a button i will do it
    Players need resources and they solve this problem by attacking their neighbor
  • Actually we will be releasing an economy update later today lifting the 33% to 50%.
    Additionally we will be repopulating the markets which have dried up in parts.

The increase by 17% scales up with population and buildings accordingly so expect noticeably more resources over night.
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • Germanico wrote:

Actually we will be releasing an economy update later today lifting the 33% to 50%.
    Additionally we will be repopulating the markets which have dried up in parts.

The increase by 17% scales up with population and buildings accordingly so expect noticeably more resources over night.
    Redemption!!!! Hallelujah

Still think the ability to not fight PvP was a good thing, it created options and and ability to really catch up with those who were ahead. Now once a solid lead is achieved it is harder for others to play catch up. But this is a step in the right direction. It will give us bigger armies which is more fun, and speed up games which will clear up server space for you guys and increase cash flow. Win Win
  • Hard to enjoy the goodies until these two issues are adressed...

• Res and Unit trading between players

• Removal of punishment costs for advancing unit levels
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
    - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
    - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
    - Sun Tzu
  • I totally agree with @Oceanhawk.

I would quite like a statement from the devs on whether they will act on the communities displeasure of the points aforementioned, because right now it seems as if you guys are just trying to avoid going into that issue.

The reason being, is that I am quite interested, frankly, on whether they will do the right thing for the majority of players, and re-appeal the update removing res trading.

Thank you, and I hope the community will get told soon whether or not the developers are going to do what they have in the past, and listen too player feeback!

Long Live the RPU!
  • They just semi addressed it in a new update thread.

I hate losing to cheaters, so I for 1 am glad they turned it off for now. They will figure it out and get us a resolution, but it can't be done overnight.

There are bigger fish to fry than you need electronics and now you can't be given them....you have to go earn them.
  • We are not at all avoiding anything - I personally released a statement the same night.
    Resource trading is being massively abused for player to player pushing to either gain early game benefits or late/leaderboard positions.
    This is very much to the detriment of honest players who want to enjoy fair-play as well of course our monetization, as some of you have pointed out rightfully, albeit as if this was something evil.

In the coming weeks we will assess and address these issues and re/implement fixes and countermeasures.

Again: nobody here at DOG is against roleplay transactions or honest trading. But organized player pushing by a minority will not be tolerated - no matter if performed by paying or free players. Simple as that. And yes the system still isn't watertight, but it will become a lot safer in the forseable future.

As a gamer I expect these measures to be honored by other players, welcoming and supporting these efforts as a way of preventing highly unfair game mechanics not immediately obvious to others.

//G
  • Germanico wrote:

We are not at all avoiding anything - I personally released a statement the same night.
    Resource trading is being massively abused for player to player pushing to either gain early game benefits or late/leaderboard positions.
    This is very much to the detriment of honest players who want to enjoy fair-play as well of course our monetization, as some of you have pointed out rightfully, albeit as if this was something evil.

In the coming weeks we will assess and address these issues and re/implement fixes and countermeasures.

Again: nobody here at DOG is against roleplay transactions or honest trading. But organized player pushing by a minority will not be tolerated - no matter if performed by paying or free players. Simple as that. And yes the system still isn't watertight, but it will become a lot safer in the forseable future.

As a gamer I expect these measures to be honored by other players, welcoming and supporting these efforts as a way of preventing highly unfair game mechanics not immediately obvious to others.

//G
    Well if you could add the option to allow unit trading in private made games, would ease the pain 90%

Is there a time frame to "address these issues and re/implement fixes and countermeasures" ?
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
    - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
    - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
    - Sun Tzu