STATEMENT ABOUT BALANCING UPDATE 10 MAY

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Germanico wrote:

Trying to get it done quickly Ocean. Issue is we are covered in stuff atm - but will try to comply asap. Also good idea with the private games,

//G
    yeah man, nah I understand lots on your plate . And working on many things, just good to have a time frame. I was quite ticked off with that at first. And still stand by the some of the stuff I mentioned earlier... Anyway would be good if we could have it in the private matches.
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
    - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
    - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
    - Sun Tzu
  • Well Just going to add my two cents worth,I hope you will take the time to consider them

1 New Game
    You need to get players addicted to the game,not frustrated.
    I think the original idea of being able to attack both PVP and AI is the best way there.You need players to learn how to play then once they love the game then they will pay for extras.At the moment I can see no advantage to the gold,here are some things I would pay for in gold.

1 demob units
    2 speed construction of units/building
    3 upgrade AWAC's radar to identify units
    4 faster cruse missiles reload
    5 bribing annexed cities to produce 10% extra resources
    (Anyone can add some extras to this ?,no unbeatable extras thou.We need the non payers to fight against)

As for cheating

1 I reported a player running 10 countries and he wasnt removed,so we (the honest players) removed him.This should have been a issue done in a day,not ignored.
    2 No trading of any items,resources,units,provinces
    3 Only AI are allowed to sell on the Market,but players are allowed to buy.Do this and you can not cheat.
    Now Im not saying ban players on the word of another player.But if they are obviously cheating kick them.If you can not be sure inform the reporter than no proof could be found and that they should start a new world.Let the cheaters have the world,it isnt a huge issue as you can just start a new one

Some last item's

AI taking over the game,can we allow more than a day ?,
    Can we refund rare material if you change research or cancel it ?
    Allow old games to be totally removed form archives,Im sure some players have 50 old games cluttering up the archives allow some house keeping there.

Anyway Just my two cents worth,I like the game so dont take these as negatives.I played Tribal war for years and you should look at how they interface between players,very user friendly for a war game.

Jadeknight666
  • 1) we saw way to much turtling - and the smaller nations are pushovers anyway - good for money and manpower.

2) good ideas. Although we do have speed up of course... didn't you see them?

3) we are banning - I know there are black sheep but being f2p guys can simply create new accounts... so we need to go deeper eventually. Also overhauling our MAD Hammer Anti Cheat System atm

4) not selling on the market is harsh - actually the market is a nice place and allows for some good economy play

5) Ai is programmed to take over after 72h not 24

6) refund for research (at least the "remaining") would be really nice, agreed

7) idle games should be removed indeed
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • Germanico wrote:

1) we saw way to much turtling - and the smaller nations are pushovers anyway - good for money and manpower.

2) good ideas. Although we do have speed up of course... didn't you see them?

3) we are banning - I know there are black sheep but being f2p guys can simply create new accounts... so we need to go deeper eventually. Also overhauling our MAD Hammer Anti Cheat System atm

4) not selling on the market is harsh - actually the market is a nice place and allows for some good economy play

5) Ai is programmed to take over after 72h not 24

6) refund for research (at least the "remaining") would be really nice, agreed

7) idle games should be removed indeed
    Yes it would be harsh if you had to buy and sell off AI,also makes attacking AI a scary business.........they might do a embargo on you and make life hell if you attack them.No if players can cheat so easily as shown by a earlier post (sell 20k resell 2k etc) only allow AI to set the bench mark,but maybe get them to sell more (87 is pretty lame,lol.Some AI nations must have stock piles of resouces,let them sell them and buy weapons to keep the nasty humans from walking over them.
    I would play a game for a year if it was a challenge and the AI had to be taken out,hell might even be worth forming a pact to take down skynet.....

Any chance of allowing spell check ingame ? I would dearly love to be able to spell check my messages and even a little cut and paste would be nice.
  • Thing is, in this game turtling is not a game winning strategy. You have to expand to win. I generally advance towards my nearest player nation in a landgrab to attempt to deny them extra resources. It's as close as you can get to proxy wars (you guys should totally implement an AI ally element for that BTW) which are such an important part of modern warfare.
  • Ok, makes sense. Thank you!

I'm so the opposite of a turtle. Would I be considered a snake? I rapidly expand so much that if an enemy could see where my troops are he would see they were practically all on the front lines leaving everything else defenseless and have a fairly easy sweep coming up behind me.
  • tinydragon303 wrote:

Ok, makes sense. Thank you!

I'm so the opposite of a turtle. Would I be considered a snake? I rapidly expand so much that if an enemy could see where my troops are he would see they were practically all on the front lines leaving everything else defenseless and have a fairly easy sweep coming up behind me.
    Interesting, what are your game IDs? :P
  • tinydragon303 wrote:

Hardy har har! But seriously, what would I be considered besides a blitzer?
    I'm not sure, but you can blitz and defend. I tend towards light ground defence with a strong AA defence. This helps prevent quick air-assault and strike attacks while using them slowness of ground invasions as a time defence. Hopefully I wouldn't lose to much territory before I can fly my reinforcements into a nearby friendly airstrip.
  • All games have turtles,just the human nature.....(think North Korea)

However you have to be a mixed of defense and offense if you are going to win,the trick is to know how much of each you should be.

In my current game,the top 5 players are pacted together(im 3rd).We are taking out a cheater and AI,this can not last and soon those who trust each other the most will chose sides and fight for the win.
    Top nations are
    UK
    Turkey
    Congo
    France
    India
    Japan.

Most interesting to see small unimportant nations become leaders in the ranking.
  • My country is Saudi Arabia and I'm leading by 400 points (I'm not cheating I swear, just everyone went inactive except me), we are on day 60. I've taken Turkey, Russia, Italy, Poland, half of Germany, and lots of minor countries. The next highest player is the UK (he was a human player that last several times longer than the other inactives, now joined them) and he is leading the everyone else by about 300 points. He took France, the other half of Germany, Sweden (and the surrounding scandanavian countries), and a few minors. XD
  • tinydragon303 wrote:

My country is Saudi Arabia and I'm leading by 400 points (I'm not cheating I swear, just everyone went inactive except me), we are on day 60. I've taken Turkey, Russia, Italy, Poland, half of Germany, and lots of minor countries. The next highest player is the UK (he was a human player that last several times longer than the other inactives, now joined them) and he is leading the everyone else by about 300 points. He took France, the other half of Germany, Sweden (and the surrounding scandanavian countries), and a few minors. XD
    Well done,that is a truth.Most maps go inactive save a couple of players.
    My one is very unusually with so many active players,I wonder how it could work if they make attacking AI worthless ?.Guess everyone will quit.
  • Let me explain once again: AI isn't worthless - minor nations like Belgium don't have resources. Big difference.
    Effectively nothing changes except that minor nations (small states) don't pose a strong economical target (like in real life) - they still have AI , victory points, manpower, resources and production slots.
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • @Germanico what will happen regarding the punishment costs for advancing tech levels?

Just cant think of another way to phrase it,

And AI not having res isnt that big of a deal lads. Still provide slots, monies and MP. And annexed cities now produce a whole lot more res...
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
    - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
    - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
    - Sun Tzu
  • My 5 cents- output from annexed cities should be ven higher- may be more like 75 %. Reason is I found out that having many cities doesnt equal large enough economy, as there is negative balance of supply with each province you take(that is mistake imo as well as it punishes the agressive and expanding players you want us to be) . So I was struggling to produce enough units and keep research going to be able to defend the many cities i already had, while trying to have big enough offensive force to take down the strong AIs to finish the game. So the result was i had to leave most of my cities undefended and trust blindly my allies not to take over my cities in a night with airborne infantry, while i am fighting across the ocean.
    Another thing-you should make units cheaper and faster to produce/research. Atm a player can construct few buildings and few units in early/mid stages of game and not many enough in later stage of it. This makes the gameplay very boring and it makes it consist mostly of waiting. So in summary, it will be better for gameplay experience to have more faster produced units and buildings than painfully wait for the few of those to finish producing. It is really annoying.
    Regarding gold- I use it. But I dont think you give enough value. At the end of the day i think if you decide to pay with gold for resources and building time for a unit, then it comes to about 1USD/! euro- this is just very rough calculation, but still it is crazy. If you guys want to earn more money you need to adjust the prices, as it doesnt give you enough value atm. That probably can be addressed with making units/buildings MUCH cheaper and faster to produce.
    Of course you should still keep it far for other players, who decide/ dont have the means to use gold. And to the players- players who occasionally use gold keep the game going, it is capitalist system after all, if noone was paying, then there would be no game