Bug that prolongs maps and mess with ranking, make servers busy for years

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bug that prolongs maps and mess with ranking, make servers busy for years

So the rule is that a player get ranking points from the map for maximum of 120 days of a map or 14 days after he is the only 1, as active player on the map.

But not always it does work properly.

I have a map, where I am 99,99% sure, that I am the only 1 there for more than 14 days, but still I get ranking points from it.
      I am so sure cause, as far as I am concerned I checked if I am the only one day for all those past days. It's a map #7692554.

Also if you check #1 player in the ranking: damiannapoleonn, he has only 3 very old maps (days 1290-1414 now) and still he gets more and more points into ranking, which means that the '120 days' rule DOES NOT WORK.

What is the reason?

What is the bug?

I guess I found it.

On the other map before, when last player before me, stopped to log in, then I got the proper info in newspaper, that on 14th day since I am the only one on the map, I will stop receive ranking points.

Info o końcu okresu rankingowego.jpg

BUT... this time on current map, I did kill the last active player, before me, and this time there was no such info in newspaper and my ranking points seems to still come from the map. 99,99% sure.

So the bug is, that the rule does not work, when we kill the last player.
      The rule works only when last player (before us) stops to log in.

So now... probably many players did abuse this bug for years already.
      To clear the mess the bug made, it would need not only to fix it, but also to run some scpript to fix the ranking for all the past maps if there is only data for them, cause #1 guy, as many others, could abuse the rule for years.

And actually this bug makes lots of maps run much longer than it should... cause those players play them often probably cause of still getting free ranking points from them, against the rules.

Actually I think that 14 days is much to long, it should be lowered to 7 or 5 or 3 days (real-time days) even. That would make servers have relief from less of old maps.
      And actually there could be rule that maps just finish on some 180 or 365 days, or something, showing the winner or showing no contest who winner is.
      That would save server's working hours.

*there is small chance that on my map I did not see somebody logging in, but it would be seen on finishing button or in newspaper for next 2 days, so I dont think that I missed it. That's why I wrote 99,99% of being sure.

**Case of #1 player, shows clearly that the 120 days rule does not work properly. Check his maps to find if the bug reason is same as I wrote here.
      Should he get banned for abusing the bug for so long? You decide...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Seroslav ().