Map changes?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Map changes?

I have some potential map change requests:

Antarctica- Is it possible to create Antarctica, where you can build special buildings called research stations, send researchers (a unit, but can't fight), and that could occasionally perform researches without RM (rare materials). This would also lighten the load of no RM trading. (Edit: this is not an issue anymore)

Bangladesh: Bangladesh is a major country (8th biggest in population), and right now is part of India. My suggestion is to shape out Bangladesh, with Dhaka as a city, and instead put a new Indian city somewhere else (Chennai maybe).

West Africa: Split it into more countries. at least 5 countries are in the country Mali.

Canberra: Where is it? It's the capital of Australia, and yet it isn't there.

The post was edited 1 time, last by B-17 ().

1. Canberra is small (it's there as province) and very close to other major urban areas on our map.
      2. West Africa will be split more but... it's also very poor and not strong militarily.
      3. Bangladesh maybe the 8th biggest in pop, but its only the 52nd in global firepower, so we will have it on the 100+ map but not on the current ones
      4. Research/Exploitation is a nice idea and I will gladly add it to our backlog. Won't be anytime soon though if we should add something along the lines, due to current workload

thanks for the good feedback!

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

1. Canberra is small (it's there as province) and very close to other major urban areas on our map.
      2. West Africa will be split more but... it's also very poor and not strong militarily.
      3. Bangladesh maybe the 8th biggest in pop, but its only the 52nd in global firepower, so we will have it on the 100+ map but not on the current ones
      4. Research/Exploitation is a nice idea and I will gladly add it to our backlog. Won't be anytime soon though if we should add something along the lines, due to current workload

thanks for the good feedback!

//G
      even so Bangladesh is one of the few minority countries to gain independence from a larger more powerful country (with help) and a maor conflict in the 70s also Bangladesh is a majority muslim country bordering a majority hindu country so if you add it in india at least have some tension for rebellion above other areas of india
    • 1. I still think Canberra should be added. Canberra is bigger than Townsville, Darwin, and Alice springs, which are all on your map. If there's a concern of Canberra being too close to Sydney, Serbia or the Philippines in the 45 player map have cities closer together.

2. Bangladesh might be 52nd in global firepower, but when there's 45 players, 52nd isn't that bad anymore.

If you''ll take care of the West africa idea, I'll drop it.

One more new suggestion:

3. Nigeria: 7th in population, bigger than Serbia and some other player nations on 45 player map. 45th in military firepower. Many player countries on the 26 player map, such as South Africa (46th), and DRC (73rd). In the 45 player map, those countries are joined by (at least) the Philippines (49th), Kazakhstan (53rd), Libya (72nd), Kenya (75th), Serbia (83rd), Cameroon (106th), Mozambique (108th), and Namibia (125th).

My point is, Nigeria should be a player nation.