Cruisers vs. destroyers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cruisers vs. destroyers

I've been looking at the naval tech tree for a while, and I've been kind of curious if there's actually any advantage between cruisers and destroyers? The in-game description for destroyers says they are agile, so does that mean that they have higher in-game speed? I can't tell (my screen won't go far enough down for me to see the speed stats). Cruisers completely outclass destroyers in terms of damage against all types of enemies. I assume destroyers are cheaper, but other than that, is there any definitive advantage that anybody knows of to using destroyers?
    • The answer lies in Anti-Submarine Warfare. The Destroyer is basically a light-cruiser dedicated to anti-submarine.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Ohhhhh, thanks! I didn't notice that at all! On the topic of submarines, do AI use subs? I've never seen one use a sub, but then again maybe they have and I just don't know because it's a stealth unit. Would you still get the message saying what type of vehicle it was that destroyed your ship, or would it just say "military unit" like it sometimes does?
    • Cruisers take more hits. I would say their are bulkier, but they are just about the same speed

Really, if you want more multi role. The destroyer can do the ASW as well as Anti ship. Or if you want something that just wrecks havoc then take the cruiser. But remember that its afriad of things that are deep under water...

Depends on what you need and your geographical location. If you are using a lot of missiles, I personally wouldnt bother with the cruiser.
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Opulon wrote:

The answer lies in Anti-Submarine Warfare. The Destroyer is basically a light-cruiser dedicated to anti-submarine.
      late reply, but this. meta nowadays seems to be stick your cruisers to the coast and avoid the subs domain, open seas. cruisers do everything destroyers do better if you take away the threat of subs. destroyers dont really fit in the game as much anymore same with subs
    • MattBooth25 wrote:

Opulon wrote:

The answer lies in Anti-Submarine Warfare. The Destroyer is basically a light-cruiser dedicated to anti-submarine.
      late reply, but this. meta nowadays seems to be stick your cruisers to the coast and avoid the subs domain, open seas. cruisers do everything destroyers do better if you take away the threat of subs. destroyers dont really fit in the game as much anymore same with subs
      As a big AIP Sub player, I heartily endorse this strategy for everyone else.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

MattBooth25 wrote:

Opulon wrote:

As a big AIP Sub player, I heartily endorse this strategy for everyone else.
      Haha yes you would weak havoc, but I think the rule and not the exception is most players arent using AIPs, and honestly the second i pick up that you are using AIP i will just stick to high seas, if you also are using both AIP and attack subs then you just beat me in the rock paper scissors game of luck.