airborne range before and after move

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• airborne range before and after move

When you select air assault you have the option of moving unit anywhere within range of current AB or within the range of any other AB that is within some range (I assume assault range) of current AB. If you then execute an assault that is within range of AB (A) but out of range of AB (B) [where (A) and (B) are within assault range] you no longer have the option of moving to areas covered by AB (B) that do not overlap with the range of (A) and instead have to return to (A) first. Maybe this is intentional but it is kind of illogical. Just wanted to mention it in case it wasn't intended.
      -danny
    • Also related to airborne there is a bit of an issue with the air assault boundary when you launch the assault. As you move the mouse out of the boundary a warning symbol will appear but in some cases this symbol does not appear (probably just outside the boundary ) but when you click, instead of an air assault, the units will start to move via transport and march via whatever route works. I think this happens when an intersection is just outside of the actual boundary. I just accidentally did this and my units just took off on a multi hour air transport (which I can't stop) and a multi day march, which I can stop if I'm around.

Related, I thought you could cancel an air transport before but now when I do an air transport I get the "You cannot control units that are assaulting by air" message with no way to cancel or change destination.

edit: For the last thing with airborne units being air transported, it seems you can move them back using click/drag.
      -danny

The post was edited 1 time, last by DxC ().