more speed for tanks and mechanized infantry

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• more speed for tanks and mechanized infantry

The tanks and the mechanized infantry in this game a to slow. In the design the Marines and the mechanized infantry used the same armored cars, but the Marines drives 1,5 and the mechanized infatry only 1,0.
      Modern tanks also very fast. In real life the Leopard 2 and the Abrams are faster than the AA tank Gepard, Tunguska and Sergeant York. But in this game the AA tanks are faster.

My suggestion: the Level 1 tank and the mechanized infantry has speed 1,00 and after engine upgrade both have 1,30.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • Seele07 wrote:

The tanks and the mechanized infantry in this game a to slow. In the design the Marines and the mechanized infantry used the same armored cars, but the Marines drives 1,5 and the mechanized infatry only 1,0.
      Modern tanks also very fast. In real life the Leopard 2 and the Abrams are faster than the AA tank Gepard, Tunguska and Sergeant York. But in this game the AA tanks are faster.

My suggestion: the Level 1 tank and the mechanized infantry has speed 1,00 and after engine upgrade both have 1,30.
      Its realistic, maybe there a balancing reason behind it?
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • I agree it is a bit slow atm. though the thing is you can easily drive a humvee or even a bradley long distance... but try that with an abrahme or leo. They require much more maintenance. So yeah, in tactical terms you are perfectly right, but we somehow want to show that you can't just roll across europe with a modern tank. It needs serious maintenance stops and logistics slowing down its overall progress. Similarily the mechanized is actually designed to roll with tanks, providing cover for them. That is the reason for their speed mostly.

Iqnitially we were designing a supply system though we decided to put that on hold as it really would have changed the gameplay in a big way.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • I think to represent the large maintance need, the speed should stay as it is, maybe increase and decrease in certain terrains, but for now I think that representation of the operating tanks is needed.

Would making tanks air transport capable be considered?
      In the USA, the C-5 Galaxy can carry 2 M1 Abrams. The C-17 can carry 1 M1. The Russian AN-124 and AN-22 aircraft can carry Russian tanks similarly above

I wouldnt know off the top of my head, how capable the A400M is,
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Seele07 wrote:

The german army often rent a antonov for transport his tanks.:)

Yea, but for tech tree wise, A400M Im not sure how capable they are, wouldnt know, going to look it up.

But them leopards are a true beut, gotta give the Germans credit. They know how to make tanks and cars
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Negative - or there is no need to use transport ships for heavy equip.

You can do this for individual units but not for an army.

On top I am not sure how willing the Russian government would be in case of a war to hire the Americans one of their heavy airlifters to allow them to assemble a defensive force.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

Negative - or there is no need to use transport ships for heavy equip.

You can do this for individual units but not for an army.

On top I am not sure how willing the Russian government would be in case of a war to hire the Americans one of their heavy airlifters to allow them to assemble a defensive force.
      Yea, especially since Leopards eat T-90s for breakfast, lunch and dinner

the other thing was, because I dont want to make a whole new thread, when will we see the "FOB" that was mentioned just before christmas?
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Germanico wrote:

FOB's will be some time. They are way low on the prio because the increased ranges of airmobile and the increased speeds of helis' I am planning really make them less important.
      Fair enough, yea I think the increase air mobile range solved a lot of those issues

would there be consideration as to adding the amphibious disembarking ability to special forces? ( At a particular level or as an upgrade like Heli capable)
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Germanico wrote:

I like special forces becoming "seals"... should be doable in one of the coming upgrades.

Btw. I actually did change mech and tank speeds to 1.0 and 1.2 upgraded respectively.
      Am looking forward very much, awesome :P
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu