CON and COW - New game secret?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• CON and COW - New game secret?

Guess this is a question for Squigs or leprachaun? ^^

So Dubbs is a friend of mine, I just spoke with him and he did not know about the new game, (now he does),
      Since this is beta stage he advised me to not mention it yet so the server dont get bombed with new people wanting to play.

I came here due to a forum mention on COW though,
      Ok so i understand that we shouldnt mention it at this moment due to me or anyone of us not wanting to overload servers.
      So my question is in what extent is the game affiliated to COW, can we freely talk about it on chat etc once it is out of beta, in other words, the game is not by daughter company bitrow but it is by daughter company Dog as stated at the bottom of the page, but because its all the same company anyways.. well you understand where im going and where my concerns are I guess, so maybe we can get some clarification.

Also as SUP/COW/that medieval game, and now this one are all sort of related to each other, will you put up a page where all the sites are mentioned?
      I have not been able to find a clear page that does that and marketing wise I think it would be a good idea. (especially due to all previously mentioned games their good name and standings).
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • Hello Ish

IshXIII wrote:

Firstly it's Leipreachán sir :D

IshXIII wrote:

So my question is in what extent is the game affiliated to COW, can we freely talk about it on chat etc once it is out of beta, in other words, the game is not by daughter company bitrow but it is by daughter company Dog as stated at the bottom of the page, but because its all the same company anyways.. well you understand where im going and where my concerns are I guess, so maybe we can get some clarification.
      CoW and CoN are on the same engine and are both affiliated to Bytro, but Dorado had a big part to play in the developement of CoN and its operation it is their game (from what I know and looking at the ToS), Dorado are not below bytro but are apart of the same group/family)

I would assume you can talk about CoW in CoN and visa versa but I would suggest not top spread it too far on CoW mwhaahha

I am sure @Sir McSquiggles can help better then I with your issue.

Have fun playing!
      Dr. Leipreachán

Community Support
      Dr. Leipreachán - EN Team Lead
      EN Community Support
      Dorado Games | Conflict of Nations | Senior Support
    • Dr. Leipreachan wrote:

Hello Ish

IshXIII wrote:

Firstly it's Leipreachán sir :D

IshXIII wrote:

CoW and CoN are on the same engine and are both affiliated to Bytro, but Dorado had a big part to play in the developement of CoN and its operation it is their game (from what I know and looking at the ToS), Dorado are not below bytro but are apart of the same group/family)
      I would assume you can talk about CoW in CoN and visa versa but I would suggest not top spread it too far on CoW mwhaahha

I am sure @Sir McSquiggles can help better then I with your issue.

Have fun playing!
      Leipreachán Thank you for taking time in answering my question, thats what I figured and am happy for the confirmation.
      Ofcourse I will not spread it as I do want to be able to play without getting 15min worth of lag for every click hahaah, the interest is more towards ToS indeed and ofcourse I was interested because I would not want to steel bread from a competing company, but happy to know that its not competition, rather a marriage.

Hope I will find you on the battlefield, my biggest wish has always been to pawn you :p lol (I know thats a impossibility xD)
      Jokes apart, cheers and have fun too!
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • Aeblemost wrote:

IshXIII wrote:

That medieval game
      I'll just sit here and cry :(
      it's called Thirty Kingdoms
      Yes why not give it ago for a while it has Dragons and Westeros, Aeblemost, Squiggles and me
      Dr. Leipreachán

Community Support
      EN Community Support
    • haha sory, no pun intended.

Love every game so far except 30 kingdoms, Its just that.. well,
      It just is not for cat persons. And I am a cat person.

Just in case your wondering..
      One of your dragons ate my kitten right after it scorched its hair off.
      I will never be able to forgive that dragon for it. xD

Seriously, I did give it a go, its just not my cup of tea.
    • IshXIII wrote:

haha sory, no pun intended.

Love every game so far except 30 kingdoms, Its just that.. well,
      It just is not for cat persons. And I am a cat person.

Just in case your wondering..
      One of your dragons ate my kitten right after it scorched its hair off.
      I will never be able to forgive that dragon for it. xD

Seriously, I did give it a go, its just not my cup of tea.
      I will tame that Dragon if not I will slay it :D
      Maybe you wanna try 30K 2.0 heheheh :P
      Dr. Leipreachán

Community Support
      EN Community Support
    • Hi guys,

who told you not to talk about it? We need new players - we are live. This is not a closed beta. We are in beta stage simply due to the fact that the game is, well... beta.

Dorado Games definition of beta follows:
      • All levels fully playable
      • All features accessible
      • All Content complete but not final
      • Game playable from start to end
      • Should not contain any critical/showstopper bugs
      • Payment fully implemented and working
      • Safety and legal standards compliant
      • All text and assets contained
      • Major balancing completed
      • All main language speech files final
      • Software 100% licensor compliant
      • CM & forum staffed and continuously updated
      • Live development team assembled and working
      As you can deduct from this list, it implies that the developers are still working on balancing, localizing and implementing non critical stuff.

Concerning the collaboration on this game: Conflict of Nations is a Dorado Games project. We collaborated on CON with Bytro, our sister company and worked side by side on the development.
      Game Design, project control and major parts of the coding and artwork were done at Dorado Games Studios. We are using Bytro's game engine and previous games as a basis because we are all part of one larger company group.
      Besides Dorado and Bytro there were several more companies involved in the creation because in today's game development environment a lot of the work is sourced to external partners and friendly studios.

Everyone involved in this project - no matter if at Dorado, Bytro or wherever is extremely proud of this game and we hope you will enjoy it as we are (currently playing ourselves).

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

Dorado Games definition of beta follows:

• All levels fully playable
      • All features accessible
      • All Content complete but not final
      • Game playable from start to end
      • Should not contain any critical/showstopper bugs
      • Payment fully implemented and working
      • Safety and legal standards compliant
      • All text and assets contained
      • Major balancing completed
      • All main language speech files final
      • Software 100% licensor compliant
      • CM & forum staffed and continuously updated
      • Live development team assembled and working

By levels you mean maps? Because there are no ranking levels at all
      What do you mean by all content complete but not final? Is that the actual stage is playable but its open to be updated with patchs and new things?

Regarding what you said about devs that are working on "implementing non critical stuff", what stuff can we catalogue as non critical?
    • Hi nemuritor,
      when we make development guidelines of course we try to keep them generic so they don't need to get updated and adjusted to all future games.
      So yes, you are completely right - levels in our case means map(s) and content will be updated continuously.
      Non critical stuff would for instance be exchanging icons, moving buttons, implementing more sounds and the like.

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

Hi nemuritor,
      when we make development guidelines of course we try to keep them generic so they don't need to get updated and adjusted to all future games.
      So yes, you are completely right - levels in our case means map(s) and content will be updated continuously.
      Non critical stuff would for instance be exchanging icons, moving buttons, implementing more sounds and the like.

//Germanico
      units are part of those non-critical stuff?

and i'm curious, it's easier to make a new game than to upgrade it?
    • Hi there seems to be some misunderstanding with admins/mods that it should kep hush hush, I will spread the word in that case ^^
      There seems to be conflicting messages though, you are the only one who said to spread the word, everyone else says to be carefull with it. But anyways, point taken ;)