Combat recon vechiles

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Combat recon vechiles

Hey again players, as I see I've uploaded a great suggestion to change combat recon vechiles to armored fighting vechiles but I don't know, maybe you don't understand or maybe you just don't give a s*** about it cause I've got 0 replies, nice, yeah?

So this time I won't explain this suggestion, because I explained it earlier. Now I just say you have to fix some vechile photos.

We've got a wrong photo in level 1 combat recon vechiles.
      Screenshot_1.png
      But this is not BMP-2. Well, if you don't know just watch this:
      Screenshot_3.png
      So you see it's not what we can see in Conflict of Nations. Game creators in the place of BMP-2 has uploaded BRDM-2
      Screenshot_5.png

So that's the first thing you should fix. And BMP-2 is not a combat recon vechile :)
      Screenshot_7.png

So, yeah, you'll receive some notices later, because if I upload everythink into one place no one understands what the **** I've said. Now enjoy this meme I've made ;)
      1hoxjb.jpg
      Files

''The person, who doesn't defend freedom is not worth for it!'' (lithuanian partisans in the guerrilla war against Soviet Union)
    • At first Combat Recon vehicles were called Infantry Fighting vehicles
      either way, their roles are similar and countries descriptions of these units vary a lot , and I struggle to see your point here
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

their roles are similar and countries descriptions of these units vary a lot , and I struggle to see your point here

Well, it seems you haven't read my earlier post. Yes combat recon vechiles may be similar to infantry fighting vechiles, they are armored, they are armed. But armored fighting vechiles are more similar to infantry fighting vechiles than combat recon vechiles.

Armored fighting vechiles and infantry fighting vechiles roles:

* They both can support infantry atack.
      * Some of the infantry fighting vechiles can transport infantry (for example BMP-3)

Combat recon vechile role:

* Main purpose is reconnaissance.

So you see infantry fighting vechile purpose and role is more similar to armored fighting vechile, not combat recon vechile.

And another thing: I offer to rename it to armored fighting vechiles, because the word armoured fighting vechiles can include a lot of military vechiles:
      tanks, combat recon vechiles, infantry fighting vechiles and so on...

So it won't be a big mistake if you call an infantry fighting vechile as an armoured fighting vechile. But if the research slot is called 'Combat recon vechiles', then please, add combat recon vechiles, not infantry fighting vechiles.

''The person, who doesn't defend freedom is not worth for it!'' (lithuanian partisans in the guerrilla war against Soviet Union)
    • Yep, there a difference between Combat recon vech and IFVs,

are you proposing a new unit to be added?
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

I'm saying that combat recon vechiles should be changed to armored fighting vechiles, but if there will be 2 units: combat recon vechiles and infantry fighting vechiles, it would be good too.

Well, better to try to work on the first idea, hehe :D

• kiesa123987 wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

I'm saying that combat recon vechiles should be changed to armored fighting vechiles, but if there will be 2 units: combat recon vechiles and infantry fighting vechiles, it would be good too.
      Well, better to try to work on the first idea, hehe :D
      O right, I see now
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • In the german version we have both names :D :P

european doctrin = Gefechtsaufklärer = combat recon vehicles
      western doctrin = gepanzertes Kampffahrtzeug = armored fighting vehicles
      eastern doctrin = gepanzertes Kampffahrtzeug = armored fighting vehicles

„Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Seele07 ().

• Germanico wrote:

Actually they were called Armored Fighting Vehicles in our closed tests but then we attached the recon feature for long visibility
      So there are my offers:

* Make 2 units: armoured fighting vechiles and combat recon vechiles. AFV's should have the same stats as now just shorter visibility. CRV's should have lower stats then and have the same visibility (or longer)
      * Change CRV's to AFV's I think it won't be a big fail just to make shorter vision (or you can even don't change that vision range)
      * Keep everythink the same just change the names of that vechiles to real CRV's. Because as I said in earlier thread, in eastern and european military doctrines there are AFV's in the plce of CRV's. Change it. BMP-2 should be changed by BRDM-2 and so on...

Hope you'll do the second one, :D

• DxC wrote:

Which is better than armored fighting vehicle for 95% of players who don't care about the pictures
      Well, when I was talking about the photos I just wanted to make this game more realistic :).

But if you keep CRV's there should be some changes: combat recon vechiles should have lower stats on fighting (it may be better to keep the same stats with infantry, but CRV's power against armor like tanks or tank destroyers are not realistic :) and CRV's units should not be called regiments (this is not so hot as the main idea I said), it should be called groups or batallions, because you know, recon is not trying to gain information about enemy in so huge numbers, regiment doesn't fit here the best.

+Did you just ignored that 5% players who cares about the pictures??????
      atsisiųsti (4).jpg

• Well, I think that 95% doesn't even care how much realistic the game is. So I don't think if we change anythink in this place they will like it more or like it less. But for that 5% people (or 40%, nobody know the real statistics, muahaha :thumbsup: :evil: ) that is important. And for the whole game. Suggestions that people say on forum make that military enthusiasts happier and the game more realistic :) .

SO DO YOU SUPPORT ME GUYS OR NOT??? CAUSE WE'VE GONE TOO FAR FROM THE MAIN IDEA I SAID HERE

• Did you just noticed what I said about 'recon'?

kiesa123987 wrote:

But if you keep CRV's there should be some changes: combat recon vechiles should have lower stats on fighting (it may be better to keep the same stats with infantry, but CRV's power against armor like tanks or tank destroyers are not realistic and CRV's units should not be called regiments (this is not so hot as the main idea I said), it should be called groups or batallions, because you know, recon is not trying to gain information about enemy in so huge numbers, regiment doesn't fit here the best.
      And do you understand that the main idea is to change the recon. No more recon!!! (or 2 units: AFV's and CRV's)

• kiesa123987 wrote:

Did you just noticed what I said about 'recon'?

kiesa123987 wrote:

But if you keep CRV's there should be some changes: combat recon vechiles should have lower stats on fighting (it may be better to keep the same stats with infantry, but CRV's power against armor like tanks or tank destroyers are not realistic and CRV's units should not be called regiments (this is not so hot as the main idea I said), it should be called groups or batallions, because you know, recon is not trying to gain information about enemy in so huge numbers, regiment doesn't fit here the best.
      And do you understand that the main idea is to change the recon. No more recon!!! (or 2 units: AFV's and CRV's)
      What do you not understand about their being the name change to CRVs because the units have recon traits and therefore they've taken a step for the majority of the players?

They're going to fix the pictures eventually, that's just not a priority right now - for obvious reasons.

Making another unit, the AFV, will require even MORE balancing in this BETA game and take off more time from the important matters. What do you even suppose the AFVs should be?

Alright alright,

kiesa123987 wrote:

So there are my offers:
      * Make 2 units: armoured fighting vechiles and combat recon vechiles. AFV's should have the same stats as now just shorter visibility. CRV's should have lower stats then and have the same visibility (or longer)
      * Change CRV's to AFV's I think it won't be a big fail just to make shorter vision (or you can even don't change that vision range)
      * Keep everythink the same just change the names of that vechiles to real CRV's. Because as I said in earlier thread, in eastern and european military doctrines there are AFV's in the plce of CRV's. Change it. BMP-2 should be changed by BRDM-2 and so on...

Hope you'll do the second one, :D
      1. Chances are they won't try and find another 9 units that fit the specific requirements when it's hard to even find CRV vehicles. And if they're using ARVs instead of CRVs, that's because it's a hard to get a hold of CRVs to use.

3. Obviously, this would happen. It would've been better just to post this one in a bug thread...
    • Nuff said on this topic and thanks for the bug with the pictures Kiesa.

Essentially if you want IFV's then look at the Mechanized Infantry - cause they use IFV's: that's their job.

We know the difference and right now have more important fish to fry.

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf