Moral managment

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Moral managment

In this game we must have more possibilitys to have more moral in the provinces.

Negative after the last update are the higher costs for bunker. We need bunkers to hold the moral in wars, but now the bunkers are too expencive.

We need another building that gives moral like in supremacy1914.
      My suggestion: +2 per level arms industry.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • Seele07 wrote:

now the bunkers are too expencive.
      Yeah, I think it so. I think lots of things there are more expensive as in reality so we have to fix this. I can give an example where the cost of building is unrealistic:

Screenshot_8.png

How that hospital can cost so cheaper than underground bukers, eh???
      You need much more resources that to build hospitals (maybe not more but at least there shouldn't be so big difference). When talking about hospital, I understand that if we build it, we will have the whole complex, right? How can you put a few batallions or even a division into one building???
      I think the cost of that hospital should be similar to that bunkers or at least closer. What do you think?

''The person, who doesn't defend freedom is not worth for it!'' (lithuanian partisans in the guerrilla war against Soviet Union)
    • kiesa123987 wrote:

Seele07 wrote:

now the bunkers are too expencive.
      Yeah, I think it so. I think lots of things there are more expensive as in reality so we have to fix this. I can give an example where the cost of building is unrealistic:
      Screenshot_8.png

How that hospital can cost so cheaper than underground bukers, eh???
      You need much more resources that to build hospitals (maybe not more but at least there shouldn't be so big difference). When talking about hospital, I understand that if we build it, we will have the whole complex, right? How can you put a few batallions or even a division into one building???
      I think the cost of that hospital should be similar to that bunkers or at least closer. What do you think?
      An underground bunker is a complex, it would feature several different rooms with different purposes, and probably its own medical unit and fuel source. And it's "bunkers" not "bunker" so it would be multiple. So yeah, you would be able to fit a regiment in one.

Bunkers increase entrenchment value to a full of -40% damage taken and have a maximum of 100 health so it's a pretty huge and big thing to have. Plus only a few units, like marines, Special Forces, and MAXIMUM level heavy bombers, bypass this damage reduction.

Seele07 wrote:

In this game we must have more possibilitys to have more moral in the provinces.

Negative after the last update are the higher costs for bunker. We need bunkers to hold the moral in wars, but now the bunkers are too expencive.

We need another building that gives moral like in supremacy1914.
      My suggestion: +2 per level arms industry.
      I agree that the morale system in this game is currently insufferable, god awful. I don't think it should be that easy to improve morale though, arms industries are extremely cheap and triple occupied city production. Plus why would a missile factory make people feel better about the civilians getting killed by those missiles.

It may be better for that charity system that another guy proposed earlier, dump your money into charity or propaganda services in order to make your civilians stay happy. Maybe another spy branch?
    • The people feel better if they have money and work. Thats the point. For me is also arms indutry only Industry, because you dont need this building for producing arms.

Hospitals or Industry we need an extra moral building.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • Well morale is a big issue that needs fixed and it isn't going to be solved by the price of bunkers. I finally quit my first game due to unplayable circumstances. Germonico accused me of being a sim6, land grabbing newb but I can assure you that is not the case. In the first week I did unwisely take out several surrounding AI which dropped my global popularity to 40. At that point I realized this wasn't good and made no more wars and tried to adjust my status to raise my popularity. It did raise about 1 every other day for about 8 days or so, as I was doing nothing but waiting. Then it started to crash for some reason and went down to about 8. Many countries embargoed me and I saw there was no escape so I quit. Four days later I logged back in to find that France and some other nation had attacked me. I took them out and more nations declared. I continued to try and keep up but I was soon maxed out with at least 5 nations at war with -25 penalty. I was learning to be careful about hitting cities to avoid population penalty but was still suffering from that. Two days ago I took 4 German cities and had them loaded with units to avoid revolt. Two of them revolted and they all dropped morale to around 23. Then today at day change they dropped again to 18 (and several revolted). I realized there was no escaping this as my popularity was now at 2 and dropping and at war with 10 countries although I hadn't initiated a war since the first few days of the game. I quit this game since it's just working my butt off to fight the computer. There is a serious problem with the popularity that needs fixed, in m opinion, top priority or any new player that is active will face the same death by AI. We want to play against each other, not the computer.
      -danny
    • Guys, let me point out a few things and thanks again for your help on these topics:

1) I never did not accuse DxC of being a "sim6, land grabbing newb" and have no idea why he brings this up and how this should be helpful in the discussion - actually I am Xtremely thankful for his and your feedback
      2) we MASSIVELY lowered the amount of morale penalty inflicted on provinces - effectively the revolt window is tiny now and MUCH lower than in COW, to the point that in my games I don't care at all for provinces anymore (unlike in COW)
      3) the City revolt setting is actually 1 to 1 from COW - both for garrison and the morale settings so I am totally not clear as to why this is such a hot topic - they are literally using the same numbers

The big differences to COW actually seem to be twofold:

1) we have an AI that actually declares war and thus negatively influences the morale WITHOUT the player really being able to do anything to prevent it (not good and something we should change urgently)
      2) Pop-damage reduces morale - which again we lowered dramatically (like by the factor 10) from launch - so I am only seeing very low numbers there (don't think this still is the real issue)

Did I miss something (sorry writing this out of the top of my head) or overlooking some important modifier?

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Why we havent the +10% after conquering a capital?
      In my games my popularitay goes down, other countries declare embargo and war.
      If I defeat a nation 1 or 2 other declares war on me and my morale goes down and down.

What can I do??? nothing!!!
      And now also the bunkers are more expencive

Why dont make enemy nations peace, like in other Bytro/dorado games?

In the most of my games many players(often I had an alliance with them) they have an great empire, leave the game, because they have too many enemy nations.
      This system destroys the game.

It is like NWE here. In the begining a interessting good game with much potential. Then come balancing updates and balancing updates.
      The comunity warns about this updates, but they do not changed this and then is "GAME OVER"

The post was edited 2 times, last by Seele07 ().

• Dear Seele,

I understand you are annoyed that this game is not fixed when reported and I do sympathize with you because I play it too and suffer from the bugs just like you do.
      This being said please do not tell me I am not listening. Did you ever see this level of consistent communication by any of the developers in the other games?
      I really am trying to get you involved and informed about what we are doing and so far am seeing very good results from your feedback -for which I am grateful.
      A reality of software development is that it can be HELLISHLY complicated - especially when trying to do things fast FOR the community.
      We are working on a very intricate and volatile system that needs lot's of testing and then often still behaves differently on live then tested or anticipated.

Next update will see a change in the AI aggression behavior because having experienced it myself I believe it to be the root cause of all this pain.

Concerning your questions/comments:
      Why you don't get the 10%? I answered this before: Because conquering a basically undefended small country with one city in the 21st century will NOT have the people celebrating in the streets.
      What can you do? Place units in the city like it's meant to be until you've annexed it
      Bunkers are MASSIVELY powerful - so yes they cost stuff - they are NOT meant as "one hit - fix my morale problem" buildings

Believe me when I say I do value your opinion and in no way want to lose you or any of the other guys. We are working on it as quickly and up to our best knowledge.

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Ok, in this time the people dont jump in the streets if the army conquers a capital. But if a war is over (all enemy provinces are conquered) the economic (exchange) = moral grows.

And we need something to grows the global popularity. Now I can do nothing. In 1 game I am waiting, but also the popularity sinks.
    • As stated, the next update will see a change in the AI aggression behavior. Effectively the problem is NOT that you need massive morale pushing (we are using the same numbers as COW or even lower). What you need is NOT having 3 countries declare war on you.
    • Germanico wrote:

I never did not accuse DxC of being a "sim6, land grabbing newb" and have no idea why he brings this up and how this should be helpful in the discussion
      Ha. I apologize for that false accusation and my drunken outburst in general. I do realize that you have been very attentive and doing a great job at addressing lots of issues. Above you said you can't fix the popularity right now. Why is that? That seems to be the root of the problem. If you stop wars and try to be nice, there should be things a player can do to improve popularity over time, but still you don't want players to be sitting around twiddling their thumbs afraid to play while waiting for their popularity to slowly rise. Now I realize that if you target unpopular countries you can keep your popularity high, but a new player is unlikely to realize this in time and get into trouble. Perhaps there should be a tutorial on popularity, like when the popup warning comes up for declaring war there could be a link to a tutorial: WARNING: READ THIS TUTORIAL ON THE EFFECTS OF WAR BEFORE PROCEEDING or something like that.
      -danny
    • Germanico wrote:

Cannot change global popularity at the moment. Can change AI not declaring war on you.
      It s a big problem, when you use heavy bomber or missile your popularity is very low and when you stop to use it, your popularity doesn't grow. I wish restore my popularity but i cant. Other IA declaring war each day. I finish one, and i have 3 other ...