Map Suggestions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Yeah,I suppose historical isn't as needed in this game. My prediction is that it'll first be a European map,then maybe a larger World Map. Not in the near future or anything,but long term.
      "I know not what weapons WW3 will be fought, but WW4 will be fought with sticks & stones."
      -Einstein
      "Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind."
      -Kennedy
      "There's a plot in this country to enslave every man, woman and child. Before I leave this high and noble office I intend to expose this plot."
      -Kennedy,week before his asassanation
    • Well, I think we shouldn't go insane for the bugs. They are in every game. Just the number of the bugs is different. But every game has some bugs, problems and I think we should see future as a game that has completed a lot of our suggestions, not a game that has totally no bugs. It will be boring.

''The person, who doesn't defend freedom is not worth for it!'' (lithuanian partisans in the guerrilla war against Soviet Union)
    • Basically we are planning along two lines:

1) new maps such as European Theatre, Larger World etc
      2) new scenarios such as Afghanistan or Vietnam or Spratley Islands or whatever

The difference is in the details. Maps basically use our vanilla setup, wheras scenarios will require specific rules and new units etc.

As you can imagine these are not your dime a dozen releases so please bear with us while we first get enough players into the game to sustain longterm development.
      In this we are also counting on you, the community, to spread the word.

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • I think I would prefer a larger world map, then see Vietnam, Afganistan and the Spratley Islands etc( the Islands would be cool)
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Germanico wrote:

1) new maps such as European Theatre, Larger World etc
      2) new scenarios such as Afghanistan or Vietnam or Spratley Islands or whatever
      Imho, you should first concentrate on the big maps, then on the specifc small ones, like Vietnam and alike. Big maps tend to attract more players, and noob players tend to find them easier. In CoW, most of the 2 vs 2 maps were filled with really good players (for some reason the word pr0s in censored?)

GoldBRO wrote:

And I thinkt it should be map of War in Yugoslavia for 5 players
      @Germanico

When you think about developing a small map, I think this should be top of the list. It would be really interesting to play.

#GoForThe18th
    • I think a 100 player map, unbalanced or balanced is needed ahead of any smaller one.
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • ProfessionalF wrote:

Ig you could petition to make that the first one if you want. Shake things up a bit, eh?
      I dont follow lol?

Id say it will be the first anywaz, most sensible to be next.. need a 100 player
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

I honestly don't know if this has been asked before, but it is a pretty important thread and there seems to be no ongoing topic on this. And the community has the right and the responsibilty to give the devs their opinions on this.

For me, there are two clear maps that have to be developed:
      • Europe Map: From Iceland to the Urals, down to Spain, Italy and Greece.
      • World Map: A world map but with more players. At least 50. Right now, major African powers aren't even playable, and I'd like to see a couple of European countries added too.
      These are some other ideas:
      • Asia map: From north of Australia to the Koreas, right to Japan and left to Pakistan.
      • Southern Europe and North Africa Map
      Your thoughts?
      Im coming 3rd with Congo,africa is playable....However if they do the change where AI are out then yes they are unplayable as no one will chose the small nations to play