Map Suggestions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Map Suggestions

I honestly don't know if this has been asked before, but it is a pretty important thread and there seems to be no ongoing topic on this. And the community has the right and the responsibilty to give the devs their opinions on this.

For me, there are two clear maps that have to be developed:
      • Europe Map: From Iceland to the Urals, down to Spain, Italy and Greece.
      • World Map: A world map but with more players. At least 50. Right now, major African powers aren't even playable, and I'd like to see a couple of European countries added too.
      These are some other ideas:
      • Asia map: From north of Australia to the Koreas, right to Japan and left to Pakistan.
      • Southern Europe and North Africa Map
      Your thoughts?

#GoForThe18th
    • I think a Historical world map with correct borders and around 50-75 players would be perfect. :)
      "I know not what weapons WW3 will be fought, but WW4 will be fought with sticks & stones."
      -Einstein
      "Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind."
      -Kennedy
      "There's a plot in this country to enslave every man, woman and child. Before I leave this high and noble office I intend to expose this plot."
      -Kennedy,week before his asassanation
    • Id hate to see a historical map, that for CoW tbh

I think a bigger world map. let some nations like finland, spain, new zealand, and a few others be playable, regardless of it being balanced. Like the blitz map in CoW. Its not balanced, but still one of my favourite maps.
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • DxC wrote:

Pablo22510 wrote:

Game is already balanced, I love how the AI is working, and I haven't had any problems with morale.
      Please don't spam the forums with BS just to hear yourself blab after one day of playing. We've heard you enough elsewhere.
      I'd hate to agree with hostile posts on the forum but yeah man, i've never even seen you before and you're giving me a bad connotation of you. You need to stop stating things about the game like you've played it. It's NOT balanced, AI is still broken, you've been playing a few days. You're not going to see these problems because these problems happen after playing the game, something you lack heavily.
    • Guys - as much as I appreciate your constructive and helpful feedback on game matters, I need to give you an official warning due to toxicity (aka trolling).

Sentences like "don't spam the forums with BS just to hear yourself blab" would have gotten you a ban on the old forums - and I expect you to be "pro" enough to welcome other opinions.

What good is there if you negatively influence new players who come in and like the game (as you do - otherwise you wouldn't be here)?

So... None of this anymore or I will need to ask one of the official CMs to look into it.

Thanks.

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • DxC wrote:

Pablo22510 wrote:

Game is already balanced, I love how the AI is working, and I haven't had any problems with morale.
      Please don't spam the forums with BS just to hear yourself blab after one day of playing. We've heard you enough elsewhere.
      How would you even know how long I've been playing?

ProfessionalF wrote:

DxC wrote:

Pablo22510 wrote:

I'd hate to agree with hostile posts on the forum but yeah man, i've never even seen you before and you're giving me a bad connotation of you. You need to stop stating things about the game like you've played it. It's NOT balanced, AI is still broken, you've been playing a few days. You're not going to see these problems because these problems happen after playing the game, something you lack heavily.
      I don't know about you, man, but I come from Call of War. Try playing that. The balancing is really broken there. I love how this game has turned out so far. I don't see any balancing problems - so far. It's true that I've only been here for two weeks, but I already see a massive improvement over CoW. BUt I have a question for you:

How is the AI brokeN, and how is it not balanced? Finally, what major bugs are there? 'Cos I haven't seen none.

#GoForThe18th
    • Right now units are disappearing from the mobilization screen for what seems like no reason but the white screen bug was just fixed. And then idk, look at the bug reports? This is a game in beta so if you say there's no big bugs you're lying because the game's not even finished.

And the AI, alright so I just started my new game because the aggressiveness of the AI was high enough to mess up my month-going game so i'm going to see for myself how aggressive the AI is now. But if it isn't clear, everyone was having trouble with the AI basically flipping them off the entire time.
    • ProfessionalF wrote:

Right now units are disappearing from the mobilization screen for what seems like no reason but the white screen bug was just fixed. And then idk, look at the bug reports? This is a game in beta so if you say there's no big bugs you're lying because the game's not even finished.

And the AI, alright so I just started my new game because the aggressiveness of the AI was high enough to mess up my month-going game so i'm going to see for myself how aggressive the AI is now. But if it isn't clear, everyone was having trouble with the AI basically flipping them off the entire time.
      1. I'd like to make it clear that I never said there aren't any major bugs. I said I haven't personally encountered any of them.
      2. And AI aggresiveness is what this game so great! Before AI was just something to invade - now it's something to consider as a potential enemy. The days of blitzing through entire nations are over.

#GoForThe18th
    • Welcome to the community Pablo, and thanks for the kudos.
      Actually the state of game is we fixed pretty much the majority of the currently known critical bugs - not saying there may not be more lurking.
      At the same time we are constantly balancing the game - in large parts possibly due to involvement of the community here.

Concerning units not being available in the building screens although researched: We are already looking at this bug an will fix it with a hotfix, something broke after yesterday's update

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • The game is going well.. just laggy, and my units are missing,.. and Im rather upset !

just desperate, need them stealth bombers to hunt ICBM launchers, and now they have disappeared.... from the production place
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Germanico wrote:

Welcome to the community Pablo, and thanks for the kudos.
      Actually the state of game is we fixed pretty much the majority of the currently known critical bugs - not saying there may not be more lurking.
      At the same time we are constantly balancing the game - in large parts possibly due to involvement of the community here.
      No, man, thank you for all the hard work. And it's great to hear that you guys are cracking down on bugs. But this the thing - what units need balancing? This isn't a rhetorical question. It's just that I haven't seen enough to determine which units are OP.

Oceanhawk wrote:

The game is going well.. just laggy, and my units are missing,.. and Im rather upset !

just desperate, need them stealth bombers to hunt ICBM launchers, and now they have disappeared.... from the production place
      XD, didn't know that units disappeared.

#GoForThe18th
    • all sorted now regarding the units
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

ProfessionalF wrote:

Right now units are disappearing from the mobilization screen for what seems like no reason but the white screen bug was just fixed. And then idk, look at the bug reports? This is a game in beta so if you say there's no big bugs you're lying because the game's not even finished.

1. I'd like to make it clear that I never said there aren't any major bugs. I said I haven't personally encountered any of them.
      2. And AI aggresiveness is what this game so great! Before AI was just something to invade - now it's something to consider as a potential enemy. The days of blitzing through entire nations are over.

1. I was directing it to a little man made of straw I made to further what I was saying, not talking to you directly. And the bug was fixed! Tbh, as Germ said, I think now the bigger bugs have been squeezed out.

2. I will direct you back to what I said.

Oceanhawk wrote:

all sorted now regarding the units
      Airborne infantry is all I have to say. And damage and Hp is going to have to be adjusted. Just because there's no super OP units like the airborne doesn't mean it's sorted out. I think the game is pretty well balanced but it's not perfect.
    • Perfect? Nah - we're not perfect. And to be totally honest I believe perfection in an online game is pretty much impossible to achieve. It all hinges on the eye of the beholder more than anything.
      This being said I am very glad you guys like the direction this game is taking and assure you we will continue to balance and update in the weeks and months to come.
      Conflict of Nations is just starting ;)
    • ProfessionalF wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

all sorted now regarding the units
      Airborne infantry is all I have to say. And damage and Hp is going to have to be adjusted. Just because there's no super OP units like the airborne doesn't mean it's sorted out. I think the game is pretty well balanced but it's not perfect.
      I meant the bug where the units were disappearing, I was in panic mode for a little bit
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • I would agree with yiur idea about the European map, my suggestion is that every country should be playable
      You can say it's impossible or useless, because small countries like Greece only has 1 city and is producing 1 type of resources. But you know guys, this is wrong, if you ever make European map you should split regions into smaller to make more cities. Because yes, in the game Greece can't hold a lot of troops because it's only producing eletricity, but you know, this is wrong! Greece has got a few divisions and other units, and this is only about land forces! If we talk about ll armed forces, this game is very unrealistic for country like Greece, Albania, Serbi, Lithuania, Norway and others... Troops are too expensive here and the cost of buildings and the upkeep of troops is too big.
      So yeah, split the regions, mke cheaper prices and this game will become more similar to reality :)
      And this map should be more similar to reality, like CoW historical map ''Blitzkrieg, 1939''. Countries shouldn't be very balanced so it won't be a bad thing to make smaller countries playable. And I can help you with the information about the real countries armed forces units and moving them in the CoN. Or you can just open Wikipedia, the biggest part of information here is true :)

''The person, who doesn't defend freedom is not worth for it!'' (lithuanian partisans in the guerrilla war against Soviet Union)