Doctrines

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello folks, How are you? Just now i'm here because there's something is making me curious; the doctrines.

This new game brings a lot of new features and a new face, some of you know the doctrines for HOI3, yes this fabolous no online game. But i'm so curious to know more about this doctrines, their benefits and their cons.

If anybody know anything, please, do not abstain to write here, it's something interesting I think ^^
    • The best tank long time was the Leopard 2 and in this game is the abrams the best tank :))) Saudiarab want to buy the leopard 2 but the german gouverment dont sell this tank to Saudiarab and than Saudiarab buy the abrams.

Today the armata from russia is also very strong. May be stronger than the Leopard 2, but in this game the armata is the weakest tank.

Also the best special forces for me is the SAS not the speznatz.

Also the Thypoon is better than the F-16

Normal the western military doctrin has the better warships. Also the Marines and the amphibian tanks are better than the other doktrins.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • Seele07 wrote:

The best tank long time was the Leopard 2 and in this game is the abrams the best tank :))) Saudiarab want to buy the leopard 2 but the german gouverment dont sell this tank to Saudiarab and than Saudiarab buy the abrams.

Today the armata from russia is also very strong. May be stronger than the Leopard 2, but in this game the armata is the weakest tank.

Also the best special forces for me is the SAS not the speznatz.

Also the Thypoon is better than the F-16

Normal the western military doctrin has the better warships. Also the Marines and the amphibian tanks are better than the other doktrins.
      Armata I wouldnt put ahead of a Leopard 2, otherwise your dam right

Speznatz cant hold a candle to the SAS

The Thypoon and F-16, close to call, but Id prob put my money on the Thypoon
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • I guess I didn't pay close enough attention, isn't a lvl 1 tank equal to all the other lvl 1 tanks? Do they have different spec's based on doctrine? I know R&D is different if they have a cheap infantry or focus on air units, but I thought western, european, and eastern military units were the same spec wise.

BTW, if you are Western before you go in the bathroom, and eastern when you come out, what are you when you are in the bathroom?
      European! get it, your-a-peein'! lol I kill me.

Knock, Knock.
      >Who's there?
      Dishes
      >Dishes who?
      Dishes Sean Connery
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • The main battle tank of all doctrines are different
      The western doctrine have the most hitpoints, but the research and building costs are very high
      The eastern doctrine habe the fewest hitpoints but the research and building costs very cheap, and the last 2 levels this tank have more power against other tanks than the other doctrines
      The european doctrine is with hitpoints and costs in the middel.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • Seele07 wrote:

The main battle tank of all doctrines are different
      The western doctrine have the most hitpoints, but the research and building costs are very high
      The eastern doctrine habe the fewest hitpoints but the research and building costs very cheap, and the last 2 levels this tank have more power against other tanks than the other doctrines
      So if you had an ally that had eastern tech, you could supply him with resources, he could r&d and build you units, trade them to you, and they would then be your western tech units with corresponding hitpoints. Thanks Seele, I never actually noticed the differences.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • Seele07 wrote:

The main battle tank of all doctrines are different
      True but the wesetern doctrines also have ability to use missiles off of their ships, have a good navy, air force and the army is more sword and shield. They also get more in resources and money than Eatsern. I won with Russia and other eastern countries- you got to favor tank destroyers and large army units - For western it's all about resarch- European is like in between those they are good all around- Doctrines matter a little but it is not the be all and end all to winning. Strategy, good diplomacy with neighbors and allies with the right people, will help.
    • Generally speaking doctrine is not the be all and end all, good strategy is more important however, you get bonus points for following it. For Western Doctrines- Research
      1- Armored Combat Vehicle
      2- Theater Defense
      3-Attack Helicopters
      4-AVACS-
      The Western Doctrine for example, USA focuses on speed and Health points, at the expense of speed

European Doctrine- Germany, Canada
      1=-Mechanized Infantry
      2-Tank Destroyer 5% + 3 H.P
      3- Strike Fighter 20 H.P

Focuses on damage and health points, at the expense of defense.

The Eastern Doctrine- Russia-Ukraine, Cuina, North korea,
      1-Special Forces
      2- S.A.M Launchers
      3- Gunship helicopters
      Focuses on speed and defense, less on damage.

To me, the European doctrine is more middle of the road but each have their advantages and disadvantageous,
      I have been told that, the other advantage of European and Western countries is one receives more money and resources
      but it costs more to research.
      With Eastern, they do not get as many resources but it is cheaper to research

Furthermore take size into countries. For example, Russia and USA should be left for the experts
      Germany is a good European doctrine for beginners or intermediate players
      Canada for expert. I am using canada in one game, it is fun, along with Germany in two, Russia, and the USA. I am 1st in my 5 games
      two Germany's, in CON and Rising Tides, Russia, USA and Canada in flash point(half the map) so different strategies.